Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

A good window. 

Ins

Malang Sarr

Lallana

Ibrahima Diallo

Edouard

Bailey/other quality, speedy wide man

Brooks, McNeil or Fraser (in that order of preference) 

Outs (not including potential frees like Mendy) 

Chilwell

Gray

Silva & Slimani

Hopefully Luke Thomas is good enough to not urgently need a pricey LB replacement for Chilwell. But if Robinson at Wigan is available for <£10m then would also advocate that signing. 

Possible net spend of up to £0-40m i reckon. 

Edited by martyn

Whats the situation with Merih Demiral? seems to have gone really quite after having a lot of talk about him in January. He would be perfect for a back three.

Edited by LCFCJ

9 minutes ago, LCFCJ said:

Whats the situation with Merih Demiral? seems to have gone really quite after having a lot of talk about him in January. He would be perfect for a back three.

He did his ACL and has been out since.

• Like 1

It sounds very football manager but we need to go for teams below us beat players and be prepared to pay to take us to the next level.

Players like:

villa- grealish and mcginn

bournemouth- ake and wilson

norwich- cantwell

burnley- mcneil

southampton- ings and ward prowse

i know that’s fairly unrealistic but think we should go for these types of signings, all are at good ages too! 

3 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Gabriel from lille would be a good defensive addition. In l'equipe they are reporting that an english club has bid over the 22m euros that napoli have bid. Be good if its us. 

Pretty certain it's Everton. Ancelotti publicly said they were in for him.

Regarding the target man debate, I personally would make sure that the next centre back we buy is massive and throw him forward for last 5 if we need to.

Dont think Evans or Soyuncu would create much panic but a 6”4/6”5 unit would do the trick especially if we ping some diagonals to the back stick 

10 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Regarding the target man debate, I personally would make sure that the next centre back we buy is massive and throw him forward for last 5 if we need to.

Dont think Evans or Soyuncu would create much panic but a 6”4/6”5 unit would do the trick especially if we ping some diagonals to the back stick 

I dont know, Soyuncu has the pace too.... you could be onto something! I'm of to the bookies to whack a hundo on him for next years top goalscorer. 

Quality over quantity.

The depth is already there, it’s just a case of getting some deadwood out and making it stronger.

Overloading the team with relegated players isn’t necessary. The likes of Brooks, Buendia and Cantwell are all decent talents, but are they the type of players who will bring you 10-15 goals a season? Doubtful. Cantwell for instance, we have Maddison, we don’t need Cantwell too.

We need about four signings, a bit more strength down the spine of our team. LCB, DM/CM and two attacking players of some kind. 

If 3-5-2 becomes a persistent thing though, do we really need an out and out winger? I’d rather get another player who is flexible, can play wide, can play upfront and will guarantee you 10-15 goals. The likes of Brooks, Sarr, Buendia and McNeil probably won’t give you that.

LCB - Malang Sarr, Jack O’Connell or Nathan Ake

DM/CM - William Carvalho, Ibrahima Diallo or Baptiste Santamaria(Linked before)

CAM - Adam Lallana(Free transfer)

WG/ST - Kevin Volland or Gerard Moreno(We need to show ambition)

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I'm sorry, did you say VESTERGAARD THE NEANDERTHAL, 7 FEET TALL AND 200 KILOS

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Quality over quantity.

The depth is already there, it’s just a case of getting some deadwood out and making it stronger.

Overloading the team with relegated players isn’t necessary. The likes of Brooks, Buendia and Cantwell are all decent talents, but are they the type of players who will bring you 10-15 goals a season? Doubtful. Cantwell for instance, we have Maddison, we don’t need Cantwell too.

We need about four signings, a bit more strength down the spine of our team. LCB, DM/CM and two attacking players of some kind. 

If 3-5-2 becomes a persistent thing though, do we really need an out and out winger? I’d rather get another player who is flexible, can play wide, can play upfront and will guarantee you 10-15 goals. The likes of Brooks, Sarr, Buendia and McNeil probably won’t give you that.

If we could get the likes of Sarr and Aouchiche on free transfers it would give us a better ability to then spend more on a top class left footed right winger.

My optimum window without selling a key player (including Chilwell) but moving on fringe players would be:

LCB - Malang Sarr on a free or Bella-Kotchap from Bochum £5-10m

DM - Ibrahima Diallo £20m

AM - Adil Aouchiche free or Angel Gomes tribunal (less than £10m), failing either of those then Lallana on a free

RW - Calvin Stengs £30m, Viktor Tsyhankov or David Brooks

If we raise more than £5-10m getting rid of Silva, Slimani, Amartey, Kapustka, Diabate etc (maybe move Gray on for £12-15m) then i'd also like a young striker to compete with Vardy and Iheanacho. Boadu would be the ultimate pick but he'll cost as much as Stengs and without us flogging a first team asset then that's unrealistic to be looking at a £60-70m net spend window even if we do qualify for CL. Patson Daka from Salzburg might cost less but another who is likely lined up to move to Leipzig.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Quality over quantity.

Brooks got 7 in 30 for Bournemouth the season before his injury. 

Obviously you never know how a player will respond to serious injury, but the talent is there with him.

Agree with Buendia/Cantwell, don't think we should pursue them, but Brooks is a different kind of prospect imo.

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we could get the likes of Sarr and Aouchiche on free transfers it would give us a better ability to then spend more on a top class left footed right winger.

My optimum window without selling a key player (including Chilwell) but moving on fringe players would be:

LCB - Malang Sarr on a free or Bella-Kotchap from Bochum £5-10m

DM - Ibrahima Diallo £20m

AM - Adil Aouchiche free or Angel Gomes tribunal (less than £10m), failing either of those then Lallana on a free

RW - Calvin Stengs £30m, Viktor Tsyhankov or David Brooks

If we raise more than £5-10m getting rid of Silva, Slimani, Amartey, Kapustka, Diabate etc (maybe move Gray on for £12-15m) then i'd also like a young striker to compete with Vardy and Iheanacho. Boadu would be the ultimate pick but he'll cost as much as Stengs and without us flogging a first team asset then that's unrealistic to be looking at a £60-70m net spend window even if we do qualify for CL. Patson Daka from Salzburg might cost less but another who is likely lined up to move to Leipzig.

A LCB is definitely a must, I know you like mentioning Malang Sarr a lot but it’s definitely a signing that would make sense. If not him then I’d rather get someone with Premier League experience, O’Connell has been class and if his form continues I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes the England squad. Depending who gets relegated, the likes of Ake, Godfrey and Mings will be mentioned, Ake would make the most sense though.

A back up for Ndidi is a must, especially if Mendy goes.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Lallana is our first signing of the transfer window, will give us more experience and he’ll be a decent back up for Maddison.

As for forwards I’d just get a better upgrade on Gray. It all depends what we do going forward though, if we go back to 4-2-3-1 then an out and out winger is a must, I’d happily take David Brooks. If 3-5-2 is the way forward then there’s no point signing an out and out winger, get someone in who is flexible like Perez but will be more of a goal threat. If we want to stay in and around the top 5 we have to show ambition, getting in a winger/forward who will get 10-15 goals could prove crucial in terms of challenging for a European place.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, les-tah said:

2 wingers/Wide Midfielders is absolutely critical to the starting 11.. Will be football suicide if we don't spend money out wide for next year.  Obviously need to be sensible and get the right players but 2 consistent Elite Top performing week in week out Wide men will be the the most important thing we do in terms of the starting 11.

The only way I can see this happening is if we end up selling someone. We simply can't afford to buy two 35 million+ wide players with all the squad depth we will need to add.

13 hours ago, kingfox said:

Quality over quantity.

I agree with this. I don't think the odd one hurts but if Norwich have 5/6 players good enough to improve us then why are they going down with a whimper?

10 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

I really don't see all this depth you need to add tbh, it's more players to enhance the starting eleven. The best way to add depth to your squad is to incrementally add players who make your first eleven better which demotes the under performing players into squad player roles. Very rarely do clubs make a success of adding depth quickly, look at the mess Rodgers made of that at Liverpool with the Suarez money, Spurs are another example with the money they got for Bale. If you can add a couple of players of real quality this window and follow that up with another 1 or 2 next summer that's the better way to build a squad imo.

i agree ..  You get quality players good enough for you 11 then the non performing/Out of form players become your squad players until they earn a place in the 11.