Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Would 100% have him

Hasn’t he been starting most games for Roma? I’m not actually sure on that but I think he has.

If so, he’s not coming here to be 3rd choice surely... unless we started playing 3 at the back regularly. He won’t want to sit on the bench most weeks!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Hasn’t he been starting most games for Roma? I’m not actually sure on that but I think he has.

If so, he’s not coming here to be 3rd choice surely... unless we started playing 3 at the back regularly. He won’t want to sit on the bench most weeks!

Yeah he has, guess it depends on if we'll use 3 at the back more next season. We'll have European games too though, I still think he'd get a lot of pitch time.

One injury to a CB and we look in trouble at the back IMO.

• Like 1

Would Palace still want silly money for Zaha? I know his name gets banded about so much and he hasn't had the best of seasons but my theory is;

None of our wingers are imposing figures, they don't demand the ball at all.

Zaha is used to being the focal point of a team, takes responsibility. Much like Fernandes who was the main man at Sporting and has come in and took that experience to Utd. 

He can also play as a forward in our more recent 352 formation. 

• Like 1

Still think the three critical signings are a wide player to start on the right who can score & assist, another attacking midfielder to encourage competition/allow rotation, and a left-footed CB, ditto. All three are necessary for us to progress.

Nice to have: a striker like Edouard or Jovic who could realistically be Vardy’s successor in a year or two, and a physically imposing CM to compete with Ndidi, Praet & Tielemans.

Would love all five! Suspect we’ll end up at three or four.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yeah he has, guess it depends on if we'll use 3 at the back more next season. We'll have European games too though, I still think he'd get a lot of pitch time.

One injury to a CB and we look in trouble at the back IMO.

...totally agree!!!

However three at the back is Rodgers Plan B. We more likely will not be going down that road.

On 10/07/2020 at 13:09, Leicester_Loyal said:

Chris Smalling anyone?

Done very well at Roma, could easily be our 3rd choice CB and then slot in as our 3rd CB for the games using 3 CBs.

Sign him up, I can't face having Bennett or Wes as starting CBs next game, we need a 3rd option who's a good player. The other pair are fine for squad fillers, but that's their limit.

• Like 1

Jamal Lewis! With Norwich now relegated, let's pounce. Yes, he'd be back up to Chilwell - but fullbacks are so important these days that you can't afford to have a substantial drop in quality in this position if your first choice is unavailable. 

Fuchs isn't up to it anymore. Time to say thank you and goodbye. Ok he's signed a 1 yr deal, but let's keep him on the other side of that white line. 

• Like 1

If any of these players are in or near our standard 11 next season, we're in big big trouble:

• Wes
  • Amartey
  • Gray
  • Albrighton
  • Perez (If he'd scored or assisted 2 or 3 more I'd rate him a lot more highly)
  • Mendy
  • Fuchs
  • James
  • Bennett

We need a good 60-75 million spending, a CB, a world class winger and then another winger as a bench player for starters (Possibly Lallana?). Depending on where Justins future lies, we'll need another full back too IMO, this could end up being someone from the U23s, I don't take much notice of them so not sure if anyone in there can step up for a few games next season. If not, we could do with some versatile, who can play full back, wing back and on the wing too.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If any of these players are in or near our standard 11 next season, we're in big big trouble:

• Wes
  • Amartey
  • Gray
  • Albrighton
  • Mendy
  • Fuchs
  • James
  • Bennett

We need a good 60-75 million spending, a CB, a world class winger and then another winger as a bench player for starters (Possibly Lallana?). Depending on where Justins future lies, we'll need another full back too IMO, this could end up being someone from the U23s, I don't take much notice of them so not sure if anyone in there can step up for a few games next season. If not, we could do with some versatile, who can play full back, wing back and on the wing too.

Isn't it scary that this represents basically our entire bench?

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

• Wes
  • Amartey
  • Gray
  • Albrighton
  • Mendy
  • Fuchs
  • James
  • Bennett

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

We’ve also got these returning from loan spells. 

Slimani

Silva

Ghezzal

Diabate

Benkovic 

We genuinely could do with 10 new players. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

• Wes
  • Amartey
  • Gray
  • Albrighton
  • Mendy
  • Fuchs
  • James
  • Bennett

Apart from Perez, who is obviously much more effective behind a striker, I have to agree. Fuchs and Albrighton will always have a special place in our history, but if we are looking to push for top 6 on a consistent basis, which is hard enough of a task anyway, we need better depth. It has been obvious for at least two seasons. The starting eleven is clearly capable of top 4 form, but the dearth of quality beyond that has undoubtedly played a part in not being able to sustain that form over a season, not withstanding the loss of confidence/mentality from both squad and it seems manager