Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

The guy can't defend, which is a big problem for a centre back.

It’s a difficult one really cuz he’s shown quality displays at time but thinking about it anyway I’d probably rather have a player on the up come in than one who’s regressing. 

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

The guy can't defend, which is a big problem for a centre back.

Harsh to be honest. 

I don’t think we need him however. 

8 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Would anyone take John Stones here? I know he’s got a mistake in him, but personally think he’d be quite decent for us at a sensible price.

Don’t think he’s gonna be at Man City much longer with Eric Garcia coming through. 

He’s the English David Luiz. No thanks. 

• Like 1

Basically all our good attacking players are best played centrally. Vardy, Iheanacho, Perez, Barnes. We either go balls out and ditch wingers totally, or we sign at least 1 really good winger. I really can't see any one winger that we could sign who would immediately be "the one" for us, but that's why we have scouts.

12 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I would hate to see us spend 20M on a defender or a holding midfielder.  Attacking options need to be priority 1, 2 and 3.

Hard disagree, in the ideal situation where we get CL, we're looking at 60 games with our only backups to Evans and Soyuncu being Morgan who is really, really old, and Benkovic, who is still an unknown quantity. Centreback is definitely priority 2 or 3. 1 being Mahrez's heir.

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Basically all our good attacking players are best played centrally. Vardy, Iheanacho, Perez, Barnes. We either go balls out and ditch wingers totally, or we sign at least 1 really good winger. I really can't see any one winger that we could sign who would immediately be "the one" for us, but that's why we have scouts.

...Cengiz Under!!!

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Massive hype and playing at a prem club means a big price 

I doubt we really would be interested unless we sold someone for big money. Just ashame we didn’t go for him last summer. 

20 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Would anyone take John Stones here? I know he’s got a mistake in him, but personally think he’d be quite decent for us at a sensible price.

Don’t think he’s gonna be at Man City much longer with Eric Garcia coming through. 

No wouldn't take him. Very overrated and not been able to perform at the top level with either Man City or England.

Everton got the much better deal in selling him for £50m and replacing him with Mason Holgate. I would like Holgate here but no chance Everton would be selling to us and he too would cost £50m now.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

No wouldn't take him. Very overrated and not been able to perform at the top level with either Man City or England.

Everton got the much better deal in selling him for £50m and replacing him with Mason Holgate. I would like Holgate here but no chance Everton would be selling to us and he too would cost £50m now.

I’m surprised how well Holgate has done this year to be fair, he’s filled out a little bit and looks a proper centre half. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Cengiz Under!!!

Injury prone though :/. One thing I can commend our scouting staff for is how consistently they have picked out fit, healthy players the last couple years that never seem to pick up nasty, niggly injuries.

From seeing how we played yesterday with 3 at the back, should we be prioritising wingers/inside forwards who can play in a front 3 this summer? Or players like Gosens and Kostic who can operate at wing back? 

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

From seeing how we played yesterday with 3 at the back, should we be prioritising wingers/inside forwards who can play in a front 3 this summer? Or players like Gosens and Kostic who can operate at wing back? 

...perhaps the formation we finished with yesterday isn't the way Rodgers wants to play!!!

Although successful, I suspect Rodgers preferred style is the one prior to Christmas just with a better squad..

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...perhaps the formation we finished with yesterday isn't the way Rodgers wants to play!!!

Although successful, I suspect Rodgers preferred style is the one prior to Christmas just with a better squad..

Possibly. He’s got to have a look at things tho and decide whether it’s better to go with his preferred system or the one that suits the players better. 

Maybe it’s a case of we play 3 at the back until the end of the season to reap short term rewards but he’s moulding the squad to be more suited to his 433 in the long term. 

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Yes. Need a class CB too for that though.

Not gonna happen but would love us to sign Saint-Maximin. I just like the way he plays and he’s the best dribbler in the league. We really are missing someone who can beat a man. X 

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Any chance we could go in for Weghorst from Wolfsburg. Feel like a target man could be the way to go when Vardy hangs up his boots 

Sort of player Rodgers would never go for in a million years.