Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

5 hours ago, kingfox said:

People bang on about Leon Bailey from Leverkusen but I’d prefer Kevin Volland.

10 goals, 8 assists this season.

Would give us an option similar to Perez, where you could play him as a winger or a striker.

...isn't that the problem at the moment!!

Perez is very divisive, in respect of his contribution to the squad and a popular belief is that he should be playing in a central position.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...isn't that the problem at the moment!!

Perez is very divisive, in respect of his contribution to the squad and a popular belief is that he should be playing in a central position.

Volland is a proven goalscorer, makes assists, can play anywhere across the front 3 and could easily take some pressure off Vardy.

1 hour ago, jaqo88 said:

Anyone have any thoughts on Leon Bailey? Saw headline suggesting he could be available for £20-30m this summer and we could do with a winger...

Just saw that on sky sports news. If he is available for that fee we 100% should be in for him. Hes absolutely rapid and would be an upgrade on our current wingers. Can see all the big clubs being in for him though, especially at that price. Could even see Man City going for him as a Sane replacement. 

On 06/06/2020 at 15:03, Ric Flair said:

Haha ive only mentioned Diallo because we bid for him in January and it was decided he stayed put until the summer. He is the obvious choice to join, we often line transfers up in advance. 

reports in France weve discussed a deal and hes available for 20m.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-arsenal-everton-transfer-4280207

Would be a very Leicester transfer.

Edited by Abrasive fox

18 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

reports in France weve discussed a deal and hes available for 20m.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-arsenal-everton-transfer-4280207

Would be appreciated very Leicester transfer.

This has all the hallmarks of a transfer we'd do. Tried to do it in a previous window, in January but all parties agreed to return to the negotiating table another time and let him stay there for the rest of the season.

Fits the profile of the sort of player we like to invest in, he looks very talented.

Guest SO1
3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This has all the hallmarks of a transfer we'd do. Tried to do it in a previous window, in January but all parties agreed to return to the negotiating table another time and let him stay there for the rest of the season.

Fits the profile of the sort of player we like to invest in, he looks very talented.

Ndidi replacement? Looks great on YT. God we need goals. Players who can put the ball in the net or l'm going to go out of my mind with the relentless negativity on the forum. Looks pretty rapid can he double as a winger?:P

31 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Ndidi replacement? Looks great on YT. God we need goals. Players who can put the ball in the net or l'm going to go out of my mind with the relentless negativity on the forum. Looks pretty rapid can he double as a winger?:P

Not a replacement, just back up and competition. Ideally to compete in the CL but we might not even have Europa League at this rate.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Not a replacement, just back up and competition. Ideally to compete in the CL but we might not even have Europa League at this rate.

...can't see him on the bench!!!

Ndidi with a better range of passing, it would be hard not to see him start every game. Playing him and Ndidi would leave a situation with Maddison or Tielemanns rotating or Praet just taking up space on the bench. Great to have strength in depth but running up a large wage bill.

12 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Diallo wouldn’t come and displace Ndidi, and with European football, his signing won’t make too much of a dent in the wage bill. If we don’t get Europe then there is probably no need to sign him, or Wilf might be more likely to go (I doubt he would tho) 

I think the idea tho is he just comes in for rotation/back up and one for the future. Taking Mendy’s role in the squad rather than Ndidi’s. 

..I really can not see him coming hear to sit on the bench!!!

If he is negotiating with other teams I am sure he will be looking at the team that guarantee first team football.

9 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Bailey, Edourd, Diallo and Demirel! Sell chillwell and bring in Luke Thomas to replace 

First mistake young Luke Thomas made and the idiots of FT would be on his back like a tramp on a fiver. 

For some reason our fanbase have different standards when it comes to our young players. 

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

First mistake young Luke Thomas made and the idiots of FT would be on his back like a tramp on a fiver. 

For some reason our fanbase have different standards when it comes to our young players. 

...it's a bit like your own child playing for us!!!

You are more on his case because he is one of our own. You want him to gain success so much, you become hyper critical.

12 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Would anyone take John Stones here? I know he’s got a mistake in him, but personally think he’d be quite decent for us at a sensible price.

Don’t think he’s gonna be at Man City much longer with Eric Garcia coming through. 

The guy can't defend, which is a big problem for a centre back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

The guy can't defend, which is a big problem for a centre back.

Harsh to be honest. 

I don’t think we need him however. 

8 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Would anyone take John Stones here? I know he’s got a mistake in him, but personally think he’d be quite decent for us at a sensible price.

Don’t think he’s gonna be at Man City much longer with Eric Garcia coming through. 

He’s the English David Luiz. No thanks. 

• Like 1

Basically all our good attacking players are best played centrally. Vardy, Iheanacho, Perez, Barnes. We either go balls out and ditch wingers totally, or we sign at least 1 really good winger. I really can't see any one winger that we could sign who would immediately be "the one" for us, but that's why we have scouts.

12 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I would hate to see us spend 20M on a defender or a holding midfielder.  Attacking options need to be priority 1, 2 and 3.

Hard disagree, in the ideal situation where we get CL, we're looking at 60 games with our only backups to Evans and Soyuncu being Morgan who is really, really old, and Benkovic, who is still an unknown quantity. Centreback is definitely priority 2 or 3. 1 being Mahrez's heir.

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Basically all our good attacking players are best played centrally. Vardy, Iheanacho, Perez, Barnes. We either go balls out and ditch wingers totally, or we sign at least 1 really good winger. I really can't see any one winger that we could sign who would immediately be "the one" for us, but that's why we have scouts.

...Cengiz Under!!!