Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

11 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Some people still seem to think we peaked under Pearson and his team, I loved Nigel here as manager and Walsh was fantastic with his transfers, but can some not appreciate the fact we have been more successful as a club with the staff there in not just the past 12 months, but in the last 5 years? 

I’m not disregarding what Pearson and co. did, it was probably the most defining era in our modern history, but the point I’m trying to make is we are in safe hands, have faith in the current squad, management team, the transfer team, board and beyond. 

We’ve been successful because of the shrewd investment and long term commitment of the owners. As long as the Duty Free business isn’t hit too hard in the longer term by the pandemic we’ll be fine.

13 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

And theyve not sold a single one, if they were skint I'd inagine they'd look at that first....

MacDonald’s are cash strapped at the moment.

2 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

We’ve been successful because of the shrewd investment and long term commitment of the owners. As long as the Duty Free business isn’t hit too hard in the longer term by the pandemic we’ll be fine.

Any one that has passed through BKK airport would have seen the amount of Chinese Customers in the DF outlets.  China is going through some big changes at the moment with the CCP wanting to stop the outflow of money spent by their citizens. This before COVID-19 curtailed foreign travel in and out of China. This will impact on KP.  The luxury high end stores in Vienna are on their knees right now as they rely on the Chinese too.

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Any one that has passed through BKK airport would have seen the amount of Chinese Customers in the DF outlets.  China is going through some big changes at the moment with the CCP wanting to stop the outflow of money spent by their citizens. This before COVID-19 curtailed foreign travel in and out of China. This will impact on KP.  The luxury high end stores in Vienna are on their knees right now as they rely on the Chinese too.

the CCP isn't bothered about their citizens travelling to Thailand ….. 

I think we have been hurt by covid as much if not more than others. Cant imagine there being much in the way of money for new signings unless someone leaves first. 

Training ground a huge project and clearly some ambitions for ground etc. May be a feeling that there is a strong enough squad to work with again?

6 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

I think we have been hurt by covid as much if not more than others. Cant imagine there being much in the way of money for new signings unless someone leaves first. 

Training ground a huge project and clearly some ambitions for ground etc. May be a feeling that there is a strong enough squad to work with again?

I thought most of our operational money came through Sky. We also earned more prize money this year, so I would assume we are in a better position than most.

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

the CCP isn't bothered about their citizens travelling to Thailand ….. 

With respect my partner is from Shanghai and is reliably informed on what is going on in China by friends and family. The CCP are making it very difficult for their citizens to spend and transfer money outside of China - fact.  Why Thailand would be exempt I have no idea.

13 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Possibly. Although I think our wider squad is quite bloated anyway. So many players on our books who never ever get picked or near the team. Some of these are on hefty wages. I think we need to clear out before we can buy. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

What are you basing these assumptions on? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

With respect my partner is from Shanghai and is reliably informed on what is going on in China by friends and family. The CCP are making it very difficult for their citizens to spend and transfer money outside of China - fact.  Why Thailand would be exempt I have no idea.

given the current situation yes, no one is encouraged to leave mainland china. after covid, i suspect there will be discouragement about visiting/studying in some western countries on a political level. Thailand wouldn't be included in that. this was my point

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What are you basing these assumptions on? 

Since January Ric. It's not a criticism of the club but we decided against going all out for Champions League football with greater force in the market. 

We have invested massively in the training ground, stadium plans underway and tieing down certain players on larger contracts all adds up.

Were in a global pandemic supported by a global based business who have to have suffered in this time financially.

I have no more facts than anyone else it seems but just an observation. Clearly hope we can add to a playing side with quality additions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

they have spent a fortune on them - how many are worth what they paid ??

that's my point ……..

It's a long process but when they start going out to stud there a few that will make them a lot of cash. 

Just now, Blanchflower78 said:

Since January Ric. It's not a criticism of the club but we decided against going all out for Champions League football with greater force in the market. 

We have invested massively in the training ground, stadium plans underway and tieing down certain players on larger contracts all adds up.

Were in a global pandemic supported by a global based business who have to have suffered in this time financially.

I have no more facts than anyone else it seems but just an observation. Clearly hope we can add to a playing side with quality additions. 

We are notorious for not signing players in January, although this was a massive mistake we tried to get Demiral for £30m and matched Lverkusen for Tapsoba but he wouldn't get a work permit. Our net spend over recent years has been sensible, we've done this by moving on an asset for stupid money and reinvesting it. Maguire we demanded £80m up front and according to the media we got it. We spent very little of it and once again our net spend for the summer was sensible.

The training ground is being paid for by a 6 year loan is it not? We are trying to reduce our wage bill for fringe players and I imagine Chilwell will go and yet again we will spend around £20-30m net spend. I'm not concerned yet.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

given the current situation yes, no one is encouraged to leave mainland china. after covid, i suspect there will be discouragement about visiting/studying in some western countries on a political level. Thailand wouldn't be included in that. this was my point

But it’s not just Covid. COVID (and Trump) has caused a huge problem for the Chinese Economy ( as with all Countries) and the CCP are looking to halt the outflow of cash.  This is fact.  KP Duty Free Sales were Highly reliant on Chinese Citizens which for now no longer shopping in BKK Airport. Any how this is a Football Forum so let’s leave it there.