Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Just now, jeffschlupp said:

Left sided CB, on about 45k a week, contract expires next summer. We'd get him for a very low fee or even on a cheap loan with option if the club would rather a stopgap to Benkovic.

Very underwhelming as a third choice though and not a massive fan of it.

Also might be an indication of us managing our budget accordingly, which is fine. I'm in danger of sounding like a broken record but just throw £10m at Malang Sarr and be done with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Can we stop this nonsense that KPI losing a bit of tourism affects us massively.

The club does not receive direct funding from its owners, apart from rather minimal sponsorship monies - it's no secret that KPI partnering with the Thai tourist board has helped us and them big time in this regard anyway. KPI as a group is worth upwards of $5bn anyway, and are astute enough to have begun diversifying their business and will have planned for situations like this. Top and Aimon are experienced businesspeople and supported by other top people in Thailand - look at their investments in skyscrapers, hotels, polo, racing, Thai sport. They've been trying to ease their reliance on duty free for a while now.

And it's rare that PL clubs get big investment from owners full stop. The Kroenkes, Glazers, Joe Lewis, FSG don't make big investments or have big sponsorship deals at their clubs. The only reason they can spend more than us is because they make more in commercial revenue and are consistently in Europe to gain access to bigger TV rights money pools.

As for us, the stadium plans are on hold. The training ground is paid for by a loan from KPI which remains unchanged. The only major contracts since last summer have been for Barnes, Choudhury and now Maddison, excluding the manager - that's less than we usually hand out in any given year since promotion.

The club doesn't spend in January because it's not a value market. They sit back and watch other teams spunk money at overpriced players in desperation, then patiently wait to sign key targets in the summer.

The club is completely self-sufficient. Despite what everyone seems to think, we didn't need to sell Maguire last summer to pay for the four signings we made. If he'd torn his ACL at Stoke the week before he left, then based on what many think, we'd been in an £80m financial black hole at the moment.

The simple fact is they bid £30m for two CBs over the last two windows and didn't pay a penny for anyone. Rodgers has not signed a massive contract for that to take away from his own transfer budget, and Maddison has not signed on without the promise of investment in more quality.

It will be a typical summer for us. Every club has probably lost about £30m over the next couple of seasons given rebates due and loss of matchday revenue (we have a low reliance on this of just £15m or so a season, even in CL years). But we were probably £20-30m up on last summer anyway given we didn't spend our usual £20-30m net spend last summer, it was more like £10m.

We'll be fine. Expecting 5 signings if Chilwell goes, at a total of about £100-120m.

Interesting thoughts, sincerely hope you're right 👍

24 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Roma Juan Jesus To Leicester linked

calciomercato

Great a Brazilian Ryuan Bennettos. Just what we need a poor mans David Luiz.  Would rather stick with Wes.

• Like 1

Turkish journalists are trying to free Caglar from his incarceration.

edit: Oh I see, Juan Jesus must be the replacement :rolleyes:

Edited by Dahnsouff

2 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Can we stop this nonsense that KPI losing a bit of tourism affects us massively.

It will be a typical summer for us. Every club has probably lost about £30m over the next couple of seasons given rebates due and loss of matchday revenue (we have a low reliance on this of just £15m or so a season, even in CL years). But we were probably £20-30m up on last summer anyway given we didn't spend our usual £20-30m net spend last summer, it was more like £10m.

We'll be fine. Expecting 5 signings if Chilwell goes, at a total of about £100-120m.

actually, the bigger teams with bigger matchday and commercial revenues are disproportionately affected.  spurs, arsenal especially so.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

The club does not receive direct funding from its owners, apart from rather minimal sponsorship monies - it's no secret that KPI partnering with the Thai tourist board has helped us and them big time in this regard anyway. KPI as a group is worth upwards of $5bn anyway, and are astute enough to have begun diversifying their business and will have planned for situations like this. Top and Aimon are experienced businesspeople and supported by other top people in Thailand - look at their investments in skyscrapers, hotels, polo, racing, Thai sport. They've been trying to ease their reliance on duty free for a while now.

And it's rare that PL clubs get big investment from owners full stop. The Kroenkes, Glazers, Joe Lewis, FSG don't make big investments or have big sponsorship deals at their clubs. The only reason they can spend more than us is because they make more in commercial revenue and are consistently in Europe to gain access to bigger TV rights money pools.

As for us, the stadium plans are on hold. The training ground is paid for by a loan from KPI which remains unchanged. The only major contracts since last summer have been for Barnes, Choudhury and now Maddison, excluding the manager - that's less than we usually hand out in any given year since promotion.

The club doesn't spend in January because it's not a value market. They sit back and watch other teams spunk money at overpriced players in desperation, then patiently wait to sign key targets in the summer.

The club is completely self-sufficient. Despite what everyone seems to think, we didn't need to sell Maguire last summer to pay for the four signings we made. If he'd torn his ACL at Stoke the week before he left, then based on what many think, we'd been in an £80m financial black hole at the moment.

The simple fact is they bid £30m for two CBs over the last two windows and didn't pay a penny for anyone. Rodgers has not signed a massive contract for that to take away from his own transfer budget, and Maddison has not signed on without the promise of investment in more quality.

This.

With regards to net spen I think we got a bit lucky with £80mil for maguire and not getting a replacement in because cags at that point was nowhere near the first team. You could probably wipe that money down to £40mil if BR didn't start seeing something he liked in him instead of spending for a replacement.

2 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Am I alone in thinking AMN would be a shrewd  signing for us, too? 

We could do worse, and he covers a variety of positions so could be really useful.

The issue is, if we are a little short of money, we can’t be spending £20m on him realistically. 

I think AMN would want to start and I don't rate him to the point where he'd be starting week in, week out.

He's a good player but I think the money could be better spent elsewhere.

He sees himself as a winger and I imagine he will be looking for a club where he can start regularly on the wing.

My mate actually knows him very well and says he's an absolutely top bloke. He had said that Bayern were in for him, apparently?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

The thing is tho, is we don't need him to be amazing at one position, he's good at right back, left back and centre midfield, where we need cover for all positions. The first 11 quality isn't necessarily an issue, it's the quality of depth/competition.

I think we could nurture him into a very useful player for us if available at a good price, if we go for wing backs too he'd be a great option, which I personally feel is his best position. 

I couldn't disagree more, we don't need squad players. We need to improve our XI as it showed it couldn't stand up to a full season at the top. Need a RW and a striker, plus cover at centre half.

• Like 4