Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Looking forward to Rodgers first quotes of the 2020/21 pre-season where he says how difficult this transfer window will be for signing players during a financial crisis. 

I wish the club would just come out and say it like it is so that fans understand where we are at. It looks ridiculous that clubs across Europe are putting good players up for sale and we still haven’t made a signing with only 4 weeks to go to our first game of next season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Looking forward to Rodgers first quotes of the 2020/21 pre-season where he says how difficult this transfer window will be for signing players during a financial crisis. 

It's true though and I do think that collectively as a fan base we are all being incredibly naive to think otherwise. Having seen the side implode in form and confidence since the restart we are all desperate to see reinforcements, but realistically most teams in the world are going to be doing way less business. Dortmund's Sporting Director Michael Zorc said their club is 45m worse off because of Covid-19, and that's coming from a club that is more competitive and better run than we are. 

The mooted Trincao deal sounded much more like what we should expect - a two year loan deal means no upfront investment. I could see quite a few of these happening all around the league and even more Ryan Bennet style moves too where we loan from another Premier League club just to make up the numbers.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I wish the club would just come out and say it like it is so that fans understand where we are at. It looks ridiculous that clubs across Europe are putting good players up for sale and we still haven’t made a signing with only 4 weeks to go to our first game of next season. 

But the minute we do that, any position of strength is lost. We can't hardball Chelsea as we've announced we're skint. Why would we publicly announce anything related to that? Just so fans stop nagging and moaning for a signing? Let the club do their work. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

6330dcbd784d07eca890ce68fbe81732.jpeg

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

But the minute we do that, any position of strength is lost. We can't hardball Chelsea as we've announced we're skint. Why would we publicly announce anything related to that? Just so fans stop nagging and moaning for a signing? Let the club do their work. 

They know we are skint for transfers this summer. It’s not all whispers and shadows in the football world, the football industry is as bad as Housewives of Cheshire for gossip and knowing everyone else’s business.

All we’ve heard from Brendan is how the team needs reinvestment and we need new players to freshen up the squad. Fans are starting to get frustrated and twitchy because we need at least 3 players to improve the squad and so far we’ve had nothing. They don’t need to air things out in public but people would appreciate the clubs position more if they moderate fan expectations. 

Edited by GingerrrFox

4 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

They know we are skint for transfers this summer. It’s not all whispers and shadows in the football world, the football industry is as bad as Housewives of Cheshire for gossip and knowing everyone else’s business.

All we’ve heard from Brendan is how the team needs reinvestment and we need new players to freshen up the squad. Fans are starting to get frustrated and twitchy because we need at least 3 players to improve the squad and so far we’ve had nothing. They don’t need to air things out in public but people would appreciate the clubs position more if they moderate fan expectations. 

If fans can't grasp from the global pandemic and national recession that transfer activity will be reduced, then a statement will do nothing to ease that. The club do their transfer business on the quiet, fans need to accept that and be patient.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If fans can't grasp from the global pandemic and national recession that transfer activity will be reduced, then a statement will do nothing to ease that. The club do their transfer business on the quiet, fans need to accept that and be patient.

Well if the manager of the first team isn’t singing from the same hymn sheet as the rest of the club you can see why some fans would be confused. He is the mouthpiece of the club with the media. He’s saying we need signings and are actively trying to get the best players possible, that really isn’t the case atm. We are looking at budget options to reduce spending at this time. 

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

Well if the manager of the first team isn’t singing from the same hymn sheet as the rest of the club you can see why some fans would be confused. He is the mouthpiece of the club with the media. He’s saying we need signings and are actively trying to get the best players possible, that really isn’t the case atm. We are looking at budget options to reduce spending at this time. 

Who else in European football has gone crazy in the transfer market ? There has been little activity. Its a peculiar window. Normally, this would be the off season where players/managers/agents are off on their holidays. We just happen to have a very short period between the end of last season and the start of the next.There is no reason at this moment in time to get twitchy. Bigger deals take time to complete.  

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

And do you have any proof/source that we aren't trying to sign the best players possible? I'm sure the recruitment/Brendan have planned out a list of the best possible players we can obtain within the financial ability that we have. If BR had come out and said "we don't need to strengthen the squad" or "we're signing the shit no one else wants" there'd be an uproar. 

I do think the whole league will struggle. Particularly teams like us who need some real quality added. I am slightly concerned about the window, and the more I think about it the better it is we probably get Chilly sold so we can start to attempt to bring some players in. We go into this season under prepared, and it could be an absolute horror show. A little bit nervous I must say. 

31 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's true though and I do think that collectively as a fan base we are all being incredibly naive to think otherwise. Having seen the side implode in form and confidence since the restart we are all desperate to see reinforcements, but realistically most teams in the world are going to be doing way less business. Dortmund's Sporting Director Michael Zorc said their club is 45m worse off because of Covid-19, and that's coming from a club that is more competitive and better run than we are. 

The mooted Trincao deal sounded much more like what we should expect - a two year loan deal means no upfront investment. I could see quite a few of these happening all around the league and even more Ryan Bennet style moves too where we loan from another Premier League club just to make up the numbers.

Its evidently going to have an impact and thankfully we didn't spuff that Maguire money as I'm sure that has helped ease the burden. We did earn £30m more in 2019/20 than 2018/19 from finishing 5th and i think we have to look to sell Chilwell and then we are likely able to bring in 2-3 players in in the £20-25m bracket. Add in a few free transfers or loans and thats more than adequate to see us trying to progress.

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I do think the whole league will struggle. Particularly teams like us who need some real quality added. I am slightly concerned about the window, and the more I think about it the better it is we probably get Chilly sold so we can start to attempt to bring some players in. We go into this season under prepared, and it could be an absolute horror show. A little bit nervous I must say. 

But as a league we are in way better shape than most of Europe due to the obscene TV revenue we get, hopefully we might start to get the same sort of value that other European teams give one another when buying and selling players, rather than blasting PL clubs for loads more due to their wealth. In theory PL clubs should be able to cope and prosper during this.

28 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

They also average 81000 per home game that’s a lot of lost revenue and projected revenue 
Plus the amount of players on over €100k per week 

Witsel €16m a year 

Reus on €10m a year 
sancho €11.4m 

Hummels €7.5m

Gotze €7m

Haaland €7.5m

Brandt €6.4m

28 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:
0% chance of Trincao signing 4 . Not what I want 2 say but facts is facts #lcfc

Leicester City

Lincoln City 

who are the other two lcfcs he could sign? And how does a player sign 4 different clubs? 
I agree with Sean 0% chance of this happening, the voice of the fans has done it again.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

But as a league we are in way better shape than most of Europe due to the obscene TV revenue we get, hopefully we might start to get the same sort of value that other European teams give one another when buying and selling players, rather than blasting PL clubs for loads more due to their wealth. In theory PL clubs should be able to cope and prosper during this.

Good point, And I don't think we have spent any of the Maguire money yet? I know we don't have anyone sat on the shoulders of the recruitment staff but It just appears sometimes from the outside that we're dragging our heels. I know we like to be quite tactical about the way we recruit, but it can be a bit tedious sometimes. I'm sure once the first comes a few will follow. I just worry a little about the demand this season will have on the squad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Good point, And I don't think we have spent any of the Maguire money yet? I know we don't have anyone sat on the shoulders of the recruitment staff but It just appears sometimes from the outside that we're dragging our heels. I know we like to be quite tactical about the way we recruit, but it can be a bit tedious sometimes. I'm sure once the first comes a few will follow. I just worry a little about the demand this season will have on the squad.

You could argue we knew he was going and that's why we over £100m last summer but we'd signed Justin, Tielemans and Perez before he was sold and only Praet did we sign afterwards for £18m. We were prepared to buy a centre half both in the summer and January for £25-30m so there was evudently money available and rightly so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

You could argue we knew he was going and that's why we over £100m last summer but we'd signed Justin, Tielemans and Perez before he was sold and only Praet did we sign afterwards for £18m. We were prepared to buy a centre half both in the summer and January for £25-30m so there was evudently money available and rightly so.

Yeah there was a big bid for tarkowski that seems to have been forgotten about as well. Any non spending must be in relation to the pandemic revenue but as leicester city alone I cant see how that would affect us that badly most of our revenue comes from tv money which hasn't been affected too badly with a delayed rebate. King power are struggling but they still remain billionaires and has been said several times they havent put money in for a number of years now.

Most clubs seem to not be doing a lot of business so far and I cant see that weve missed out on any targets yet, so its just a waiting game. Even someone like Malang Sarr is still without a club.

On chilwell I've heard stuff that says no contact and stuff that says its imminent. I'm inclined to believe the latter since Chelsea cant sell Emerson and are focusing on Havertz. I imagine someone who posted the info on Friday might have some motive to drive interest into his page ahead of the launch of the fpl.

• Like 2

I can accept that we perhaps won't do as much business this window, but fresh faces are needed as we still have some glaring faults which came about under Puel that remain in place... our ability to break down a deep block. If we are to recruit 1 or 2 players... as long as it focuses on this issue, I think we will be sitting pretty.