Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

How can the club be the best at closed door matches?

It’s yet to be seen whether or not we will be playing our games behind closed doors at home or at neutral grounds, but it occurred to me that the club have a big opportunity to make the best closed door experience for the players and the fans. 

So far we’ve seen Blow up sex dolls in the crowd in Korea and a silent Dortmund ground. I don’t think any team so far has really nailed it. 

What can the club do? I guess some things will work better than others but a few ideas, some are terrible but just thinking aloud:

• Keep the post horn gallop and have birch introduce the teams still

• ‘employ’ either a drummer or a group of distanced fans to sing. Could be I guess up to 100 folks spread out. 
• fill empty seats with fan banners and flags 

• have Kasabian on at half time

• Play recorded fan songs (don’t love this idea but what do you think?)

• find some way for fans watching at home to play audio back to the stadium (hard, costly)

What else can you think of that the club can do to make closed door matches more fun, more motivational for the players and intimidating for the opposition. 

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

33000 inflatable dinosaurs?

Unique idea, might not work if it’s windy 😁. Otherwise might need to employ Nugent to chase them off the pitch. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

open up the hospitality boxes for NHS workers for free, sponsored by a company?

Leicester City Fans only though.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

How about that noise thing that does the rounds on WhatsApp -  the one when you press play on a seemingly innocuous video only  to be greeted by very load moaning noises of a woman clearly enjoying herself

The amount of times that has caught me out, in the bloody living room with a family full room😖😖😖😖

Project fans onto the seats or mesh netting over the seats, then pipe crowd noise in as well. Have queued scenes for goals, penos etc..

You could also offer away fans for the other team at a price 😉

Get some of them automated tennis ball machines at strategic points around the ground and fill em with coffee cups, toilet rolls, half eaten hot dog and so on. Have a site you log onto and pay to have a go at firing one off ala The Golden Shot at the away player of your choice.

Edited by blabyboy

What about those drop-down murals from the CL campaign? One of those in each stand with piped crowd noise from behind it. Maybe we can get a “Tony Adams moment” from one of our boys?! 

Edited by TrentFox
  • Like 1

I might be shot down for this but watching the wolfsburg game today they are pumping in fake crowd noise and it instantly makes it more watchable. I like BM fake fans (cardboard) idea and it looks at a glance better than all those empty seats.

I personally think the crowd ambience is a good idea. Get a base line crowd running, play chants, and have someone who can put in an ooh if we come close, goal cheer if we score and encouragement when we are on top.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I might be shot down for this but watching the wolfsburg game today they are pumping in fake crowd noise and it instantly makes it more watchable. I like BM fake fans (cardboard) idea and it looks at a glance better than all those empty seats.

I personally think the crowd ambience is a good idea. Get a base line crowd running, play chants, and have someone who can put in an ooh if we come close, goal cheer if we score and encouragement when we are on top.

Would be a fun job to control the sounds!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Monk said:

Would be a fun job to control the sounds!

I'd love to play the old Tony Adams 'ee-aww ee-aww' sound effect at particularly poor opposing players. 

The effect of one guy alone in a booth would make it even more offensive

Or the old DLT   quack quack oops noise for an effort blazed over the bar

*Both noises only familiar with over 40s

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Haha 1

I was thinking about the exact same topic this morning. 

Who would Jamie ‘taunt’? lol Moments such as the last-gasp goal that Nacho scored against Everton to break his near year-long PL duck and keep our winning-run going would just not have had the same resonance in an empty stadium. Would the goal had even been possible without the crowd urging the players to urgently get the ball forward? The reality is that fans are such as intrinsic part of football that though we do not actually get onto the pitch during games (except for the occasional streaker or oddball lol), I firmly believe that we can influence events on the field. Obviously, I understand (and agree with) the need to protect the health of the population, it would be such a substantively different (and I daresay, poorer) ball game.

Either way, up the City! :scarf:

Edited by NaijaFox

2 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

How do you replicate disgruntled home fans filing out early to beat traffic? lol

Post out 23000 beers to season ticket holders, so it makes the whole thing more bearable.

Infact sod that. Post me 23000 beers and hopefully I'll forget this whole thing ever happened. Gutted that we will never know if today was the day we finally lifted the FA CUP. Pissed off that even if the CL happens next season it's gonna be an all round shite experience.

What concerns me most are the reaction of the players to certain situations on the pitch and how that may come across without any fan noise to drown it out?  

For instance, Oliver makes a poor decision, is hounded by players and all hell lets loose.  Are we going to be in a position where we can hear every last word?  

Surely if they televise these games in some way there will be a lag in the timing so that they can dub these instances out. lol