Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

How can the club be the best at closed door matches?

On 23/05/2020 at 19:48, Pliskin said:

Joking apart, I’m well up for buying something daft to put in our seats. We probably won’t ever get an opportunity like this again. Or perhaps union FS could erect and pls Tifo banner off they have any? My favourite being “let slip the dog’s of war” gives me goosebumps just saying it on my head.

is that larry bird on your signature gif?

24 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

Until someone gets there d!ck out lol 

This is why I always laugh when people say "But look at Scandinavia!" in reference to anything good they are doing that we should adopt... for example how quickly they eased lockdown.

- Highly intellectual countries where people use common sense/manners (the majority, not minority) 

- Have had that drilled into them from school age

Vs

- Britain......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 23/05/2020 at 16:35, Stadt said:

Please no gimmicks. It’s a shitty situation so just accept that it’s sterile and lifeless without fans, don’t dress it up.

We're talking about a club that dished out 30,000 Vardy masks, I'm not sure we'll go under the radar through the rest of the fixtures lol

• Haha 1

It really is such an opportunity for the geeks on the club’s payroll to step up to the plate. Piped crowd noise. Digital links to the advertising hoardings. Use of the large screens. Fireworks over the stands for goals. So much potential. If they haven’t all got together and dreamed up some quality and whacky surprises, they should all be furloughed indefinitely. 

• Sad 1

Haha I knew that would get a laugh, I mean obviously its good the crowd are in union, and I do like some songs that get sung, but its the abuse side I am not so fond off, but I recognise its fun for people, thats why I think its good we have different ways of watching the game in this era, tv, normal stands, family stands etc.

https://theathletic.com/1855176/?amp#click=https://t.co/Pwt6UsjZyw

The Premier League has plans to show fans on big screens when goals are scored in an attempt to convey a sense of celebration in empty stadiums, it has emerged.

Supporters watching at home would be projected into their team’s ground at appropriate moments so that atmosphere is generated for players and broadcast viewers. It has been described as “live reaction from the living room”. The Danish Super League has already used giant screens connected via video conferencing tool Zoom to bring fans into the game (top image).

The proposals were laid out for the first time at a meeting of Premier League executives on Thursday and met with approval. The details are yet to be finalised, and sources stressed announcements would be communicated nearer the start date of June 17, but it is clear the Premier League is looking at innovative ways to compensate for matches going behind closed doors.

Another novel initiative raised during the conference call was the prospect of bespoke netting being stretched out across lower tracks of seating, which would allow clubs to drape flags or slogans that would be captured by the TV cameras.

The wraparound would be designated to each club to use as they wished, allowing for specific colours or images to be chosen, while there may also be Premier League messaging — in support of the National Health Service, possibly — and a patch open to sell for commercial opportunities. It is not clear whether this would be for new sponsors or to appease current club partners whose branding may otherwise be missed because of the empty stadium.

The top-flight directors were shown draft designs which were said to look “impressive”.

The meeting also heard how crowd noises will not be pumped into the grounds themselves, but are set to be made available via the red button for fans watching on TV. “It would be wrong to play fake sound in the stadium for integrity reasons but this allows people personal choice,” said a source. “Bundesliga matches have felt a little like under-23s level, and the Premier League are conscious of enhancing the experience for millions around the world.”

But one initiative that did not gain any traction was the possibility of half-time interviews with managers. The Premier League sounded out opinion before Thursday’s meeting and realised it was a non-starter.

6 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

What if it rains tho?

Probably better to use plastic...

We don't need any more plastic fans... will the cutouts be allowed to leave 10 mins before the end to miss the traffic....

• Like 1

Good news from the FCC the other night was the club seemed pretty much against any gimmicks for these games. Including piped in crowd noise.

Sky would still have the option to put noise in of course but in my opinion it was god to see the club not wanting to dress these matches up as anything that they aren't. 

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Good news from the FCC the other night was the club seemed pretty much against any gimmicks for these games. Including piped in crowd noise.

Sky would still have the option to put noise in of course but in my opinion it was god to see the club not wanting to dress these matches up as anything that they aren't. 

So fairly against the fan cut outs etc? Was there any particular reason why?

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Actually looking at the notes again it was the PL providing guidelines that they don't want anything "staged". Nothing more than that sorry, I wasn't on the call myself. 

Fair enough on that, the "staged" vibe is a big issue. I'll try and find the notes and have a read myself 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Fair enough on that, the "staged" vibe is a big issue. I'll try and find the notes and have a read myself 

There aren't any public notes that I know of, the ones I were referring to were taken by the UFS lads on the call. I can share bits if you want but there's not much revolutionary in there really.