Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

4 minutes ago, marbles said:

How can it be fixed though?

How can there be meaningful discussion when the majority have no interest in it?

I don't think it's something to be fixed. Ultimately if politics was simply causing trouble then that's a reflection of where things are at. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

So, which is best - blue or red (and why) ? 

Lingerie for women?  Red 100%!

Just brings out the sexiness in women and screams "you want this, come get it you bad man".

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Totally agree to an extent, but in tough times like this, people can often find themselves lashing out, usually in a space where is causes least damage. Also most of the fighting, or insults are a result of trolling, which in a subject people find so emotive its obviously going to illicit strong reaction, I've reacted myself in the past. I've never reacted badly to say, Fazzer7, despite the fact I agree with almost nothing he says.

Yes and that is absolutely fine. Those of us on the right politically are always going to have and express different views. I would hope I've never reacted badly and personally to anyone on here, I've never intentionally meant to, despite being on the receiving end a few times. Anyway I hope political debate continues here.

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Looks like some posters are going to have to work a bit harder for their rep points now.

No more nipping into the Politics thread just to say "The Tories are a bunch of cvnts" and then walking off with your standard half a dozen likes :D

Yes. I don't think i've earned any there, only these lol Do they count :D

14 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Personally I’ve really valued the thread over the years as it’s helped me read up on so many points of views.

That's where I was at too. I certainly read way more then I contributed (if I even did contribute) There's some very knowledgeable people on here and I valued their take on things. Ironically, I tended not to contribute (or didn't contribute, whichever wss the case) because I didn't want to be abused or get into slanging matches - and it seemed expressing political views necessarily led to that. So obviously I regretfully agree with the decision to remove the thread.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Men who wear blue tend to be rapists, racists and paedophiles.

sir-jimmy-savile-190393441.jpeg

s-l500.jpeg

harold-shipmanJPG.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

C83DAE17-463C-4FCB-B5BE-CFB3715FF5CE.jpeg.1ec4c3e8bf08866f92590dec3cb91a94.jpegm8B4AA702-A845-4EF8-B4F4-9AADC503E9F8.jpeg.6fde8fa2cec8210999db880307e7da89.jpeg381BB929-DA40-4827-95BD-FE8EAC75D4E4.thumb.jpeg.cf12dbaacdfc0311cccd1b19633b5fa9.jpeg

Something wrong with the colour palette on my device 

The fact that you both had to Google image Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris and Harold Shipman lol

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, marbles said:

How can it be fixed though?

How can there be meaningful discussion when the majority have no interest in it?

It can be fixed. You deal with the trolls, not those reacting to the trolls, but it seems there no interest in that. I'm sure Mark is much better a running a forum than any of us, but sometimes you need an outside view. The ways it's previously been dealt with is like a referee letting every challenge go and the wondering why eventually that results in a big scrap. How long was UpTheLeagueFox allowed to wind people up for example? He's not the only one. You could argue people shouldn't react, but as I previously said, with such an emotive subject it'll happen. Trolling is against forum rules, but completely ignored. And you could ask, why not report people, well I've snapped back at trolls, and got banned, I've also reported them, and got banned because the mods don't like having to deal with reported post (whereas if they actually dealt with the trolls in the first place, they'd get less reports). BTW I'm now on a 10 post a day limit because if I report a troll I'm in the wrong and if snap at them i am too. 

We're all accountable for what goes on in those threads, and it's a shame it ever gets to a stage where people fight, but at the end of the day the forum is moderated for a reason, like a football match is refereed, and it comes down to how any misbehaving is dealt with, and IMO its not been dealt with well. Mark bans people, he limits posts like he has mine, but he let's troll run riot and that's why he's never got a grip on the situation.

3 hours ago, Captain... said:

It's a real shame the politics thread has closed for 2 reasons. Firstly this stuff is so very important, secondly this forum is the only place outside my echo chamber where I see political opinions. Having a random bunch of people whose only connection is there football team is a really interesting collection of opinions and views.

I would fully support a politics subsection of general chat with a 1 strike and you're out policy. I think most of the main contributors tend to be respectful of others opinions but the way things are going emotions are going to run higher as more and more people feel the pressure of the cost of living crisis. 

I fully understand the reasons why Mark shut the thread down, it's just a real shame.

I too understand the reason behind the closure. It's a shame that those of us on FT with some balance and intellect that have an interest in politics, have been side-lined as a result of the less knowledgeable knee jerkers that, frankly, don't know anything other than what they read in the red tops that form their opinion. 

Politics is a volatile subject as is religion/beliefs and will always create diverse opinions. 

The problem has been in the incarnations of political threads is the lack of respect and the obvious trolling that has gone on.

As Captain has pointed out, it was an important topic because politics IS IMPORTANT. It was an interesting read and a place I have aired views and challenged others. Where I have learned things. Seen some very intelligent and well formulated posts. Had my own views and opinions challenged by what other posters have written.

Maybe someone called Hancock a twat. Are they wrong?

Never mind.

What's done is done. Shame that some ignorant, uninformed individuals are the reason.

Although that said, why don't we close the MD thread as there 3 times as many uninformed, insulting trolling, knee-jerkers on there that there ever has been on the Politics thread.

• Like 2