Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

America is truly dead if they are that thick to have him be the republican nominee for president. 

I read yesterday that Murdoch was NOT going to support him this time round, which if true means he definitley wont win.

Either way we have a few years of shameful ignorance and behaviour ahead that is unfathomably supported by 70+ million Americans.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I quite like the new Snapchat version of politics on FT. Someone posts something vaguely political and within an hour or two it's gone lol 

It's a shame it's gone, or that any new politics discussion is now outlawed. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

I can get why the mods don't want to police it, but did it ever get that vitriolic that we had to do away with it entirely?

Just let posters go at each other. A bit of heated debate is good IMO.

Not that I saw, but can understand if the particular thread was deleted if it did. But to take away the whole conversation because of it, and not allow any further conversation is a bit too much in my humble opinion. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

I can get why the mods don't want to police it, but did it ever get that vitriolic that we had to do away with it entirely?

Imo it wasn't about having one thread where people can agree or disagree and have a go. It was the fact that politics bled into other areas of the forum and the Mods were sick of seeing right this left this etc etc instead of us all just being Leicester fans (and a few random guests). 

I love politics and the discussions around it as much as everyone and have read pretty much every politics thread since I joined here, but I can sure as hell see why Mods would get fed up with it. Not helped by the fact a few know they act like bells then kick up a fuss when they get banned with a big innocent act. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Imo it wasn't about having one thread where people can agree or disagree and have a go. It was the fact that politics bled into other areas of the forum and the Mods were sick of seeing right this left this etc etc instead of us all just being Leicester fans (and a few random guests).

Good point.   I also felt it was undermining the unity we were all basically supposed to feel.

I don't really want to know too much about my fellow supporter's political views, as I'll probably disagree with 50% of them.   I love football because it takes me away from all of life's problems and differences.   I love the feeling that for 90 minutes a week, we're all together with one purpose and aim.

4 hours ago, Innovindil said:

I love politics and the discussions around it as much as everyone and have read pretty much every politics thread since I joined here, but I can sure as hell see why Mods would get fed up with it. Not helped by the fact a few know they act like bells then kick up a fuss when they get banned with a big innocent act. 

Which other threads, just out of interest?

There's some that I don't agree with politically, but agree with when it comes to Leicester. And vice-versa.

10 hours ago, deep blue said:

The topic is "General  chat".  By definition that should include politics as an acceptable  topic.  Perhaps the honest solution is to rename it "General (but excluding political) chat".

And all other topics as well, by that logic. 

12 hours ago, deep blue said:

The topic is "General  chat".  By definition that should include politics as an acceptable  topic.  Perhaps the honest solution is to rename it "General (but excluding political) chat".

Easiest solution is to take my block list and ban all those on it for being trolls or just ridiculously stupid. There’d never be an issue after that. It’d be a virtual Thanos finger click that would deliver a better online world.

21 hours ago, RoboFox said:

18 hours ago, Innovindil said:

The Politics Thread has been shut numerous times. I'll hold my hands up that I was part of the reason once, for an ongoing argument with UpTheLeagueFox. He was a troll and I reacted to it numerous times. It's been shut numerous times since with different people being involved on each occasion. You might say politics is the one factor that connects all this, but people can have sensible discussions on the subject, it been proven by the fact the last thread had lasted as long as it had. The one thing that connects all the fights and all the bans and the threads closing is trolls. The mods, or more specifically Mark, ban and restrict poster who get into arguments in the politics thread but take no action against the trolls. So they continue troll and that creates more fight, more bans, more restrictions etc. Deal with the source and the problem goes away. Politics can be emotive, especially in tough times and the last thing somebody who is struggling thanks to this shit show of a government needs is some idoit taking the piss out of them or making light of it. We can all have a laugh about other things, we can even have a laugh about politics if its in the right way, but not to purposely wind others up. You can troll people on other subject and they probably brush it off, but I'm afraid when it comes to something that affects people lives so dramatically then you will get reactions. Simple solution but it won't happen because they'll have to admit they got it wrong.

Just seen Royal Mail are looking to stop Saturday deliveries, I don't know why they don't just post general letters once a week instead of doing it every single working day

and have vans going round for special/signed deliveries for parcels and important letters through the week.

I think there systems are outdated tbh

Edited by whoareyaaa