Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

20 hours ago, marbles said:

idiot, in my opinion

I actually like Americans very much; friendlier than the average Brit in my experience. Not a huge fan of the country though and how much attention it gets here compared to our nearer neighbours. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Dems maintain control of the US Senate.

House of Representatives is still waiting on a fair few races to be sure either way.

Gen Z is changing the world... in Aus, UK and noe USA... it is going to be a long time before the heartless greedy Tories are back in power

On 11/11/2022 at 20:41, urban.spaceman said:

Exactly. In this world of fake news and people just inventing themselves what is the difference between @elonmusk and @elonmusk. Anyone can be anyone

Edited by yorkie1999

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

A Place In The Sun presenter Johnny Irwin reveals he has terminal cancer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63620684

I went to school with Johnny, he was in the year below me and lived in the next village.

A really charming and charismatic kid and no surprise he ended up on the TV.

That's so sad :(

• Sad 3

Yeah came on here to post about Jonnie, really sad news, always one of my fave presenters (along with Jasmine) so lovely to read they are very close friends, and never knew he was a Leicester lad until now.

Keep fighting lad!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm so here for Jeff Bezos pledging to give the bulk of his wealth to good causes starting by awarding 100 million dollars to Dolly Parton 

I'm reserving my praise for when he gives a few quid to Jane McDonald.

1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Matter of time, he's got enough cash to get to her sooner or later.

What do you think she'll spend it on? I reckon Jane will be bursting with ideas as to how to benefit society

I imagine she'll fund a project to support Jimmy Carr.

Am not surprised with this, to be honest.

Have heard a good amount of stories like this with different mental health services; it does seem like agency staff are often the problem in such situations at times.

Have personally witnessed agency staff, who were meant to supervise vulnerable patients via 'one-to-one', snoozing whilst working at the LRI.

it's disgusting really; am sure others like @Parafoxagree.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-63589011

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Am not surprised with this, to be honest.

Have heard a good amount of stories like this with different mental health services; it does seem like agency staff are often the problem in such situations at times.

Have personally witnessed agency staff, who were meant to supervise vulnerable patients via 'one-to-one', snoozing whilst working at the LRI.

it's disgusting really; am sure others like @Parafoxagree.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-63589011

I have too many frightening stories to tell about agency staff.

Some finish one shift and go straight to another, in a care home for example.

A care home staff member recently told me how an agency worker arrived for their  first ever shift in that home, and almost instantly, 'disappeared' They found him curled up asleep on a sofa.

This is a home for vulnerable adults with learning difficulties too.

• Sad 1