Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

The Politics Thread 2020

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

So they've been picked in an emergency situation resulting in there being no open tender for the contract, but they're delivering exactly what they said they would. Ain't the size of the dog in the fight boys, it's the size of the fight (and big ****ing contacts) in the dog. 

Next outrage please. 

To the point you go on LinkedIn, ask if anyone knows of any available PPE. For delivery or to be picked up 

33 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

To the point you go on LinkedIn, ask if anyone knows of any available PPE. For delivery or to be picked up 

Well if your big boy contacts are in china, but ppe is needed immediately, then why not try your luck?

Some would call it using your noggin.

47 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Well if your big boy contacts are in china, but ppe is needed immediately, then why not try your luck?

Some would call it using your noggin.

Some would call it incredibly amateurish.

Well done on their success but you can see why it’s been questioned with such actions. Along with them being a dormant company at Companies House for a good period 

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

****ing hell.

I know, right?

Apparently though, "the inverted red triangle is a symbol used by antifa, so it was included in an ad about antifa", and "we would note that Facebook still has an inverted red triangle emoji in use, which looks exactly the same" so it's purely coincidental according to the White House. Apparently.

The bods over at Facebook didn't think so, though:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53098439

19 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

A lot of the people saying it's worrying that Rashford 'politically outmanouevered' the Government or whatever they want to call it, would be calling for the Governments head if they had doubled down and refused to offer out the meal vouchers. We'd see the usual cries of 'Tory *****' 'Ivory Towers' etc. I for one am glad they decided to offer out the vouchers and ensure kids don't starve to death.

There is an underlying argument here as well though - the parents of these kids are already recieving benefits - so why can they not feed the kids?  Either you buy that they are not getting enough, or they are but are wasting it on other things.  You quickly come back to the idea that we are effectivley giving food vouchers which removes agency from the parents to manage their benefits.

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

There is an underlying argument here as well though - the parents of these kids are already recieving benefits - so why can they not feed the kids?  Either you buy that they are not getting enough, or they are but are wasting it on other things.  You quickly come back to the idea that we are effectivley giving food vouchers which removes agency from the parents to manage their benefits.

This, I think, is something the media (BBC) have been skipping around. There is a wider debate to have on this but as usual we're only presented with part of the story. 

Said the same yesterday, but the issue was raised and ignored long before Rashford got involved. 

14th April - delays in food vouchers reported - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-52283067

21st April - delays in vouchers leave schools providing emergency food for families - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-52325332

4th May - 96% of surveyed headteachers say the system isn't working properly - https://www.channel4.com/news/96-of-head-teachers-say-lockdown-free-school-meal-scheme-not-working-properly

5th June - Ex Tory education Minister writes to children's minister to extend scheme - https://schoolsweek.co.uk/extend-free-school-meal-vouchers-over-summer-holiday-says-senior-tory-mp/

18 hours ago, David Guiza said:

'Presidential' Keir starting to take effect on the YouGov polling. 

image.thumb.png.e496628b9716ea9cf658d19d42d3b2ee.png

Will be interesting to see how he does when he actually has to come up with some policies.  It's pretty easy to sit on the sidelines in a crisis and throw bricks.

12 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Will be interesting to see how he does when he actually has to come up with some policies.  It's pretty easy to sit on the sidelines in a crisis and throw bricks.

Damned if he does, damned it he doesn't... 

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Damned if he does, damned it he doesn't... 

As with all politicians because they'll always be an opposite opinion. I guess it's just who shouts the loudest or these days has the most followers on social media.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

As with all politicians because they'll always be an opposite opinion. I guess it's just who shouts the loudest or these days has the most followers on social media.

I meant that if Starmer was sitting back doing nothing, no doubt @Jon the Hat would be complaining saying 'why isn't the opposition leader doing anything?' or words to that effect.

In my humble opinion. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I meant that if Starmer was sitting back doing nothing, no doubt @Jon the Hat would be complaining saying 'why isn't the opposition leader doing anything?' or words to that effect.

In my humble opinion. 

I am glad he is standing up and being an actual opposition leader, as I have said many times, our parliament relies on good opposition.  I was more making the point that he is in honeymoon period where that is enough.  So I wouldn't be too excited about polls at this stage.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

In my humble opinion. 

....and vice versa, That's just politics you see it on here all the time.

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

....and vice versa, That's just politics you see it on here all the time.

Yes and no, I was very anti- Corbyn, and relieved the country saw through him.  Starmer is a lot more to my liking, and less likley to be a disaster should he win an election.  Not that likley imo as I think Boris would be moved on if the polls were like this heading into a GE.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yes and no, I was very anti- Corbyn, and relieved the country saw through him.  Starmer is a lot more to my liking, and less likley to be a disaster should he win an election.  Not that likley imo as I think Boris would be moved on if the polls were like this heading into a GE.

That's just you though there's plenty around the country who liked Corbyn but hate Boris and don't particularly go for Starmer and vice versa. i was just pointing out that, maybe stating the obvious they'll always be an opposite view of a particular politicians skills, competence, affability, successes, failures etc, etc and will be happy to point it out.

I wasn't criticising just pointing it out in an apolitical way as in not connected to or in favour of any particular party.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

51 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

What an escalation of bizarreness this is.

Possibly the worst example of child poverty imaginable followed by someone somehow construing this as racist and in the same sentence telling them to ‘go back to Pakistan’. How does a discussion around food vouchers get to this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

What an escalation of bizarreness this is.

Possibly the worst example of child poverty imaginable followed by someone somehow construing this as racist and in the same sentence telling them to ‘go back to Pakistan’. How does a discussion around food vouchers get to this?

I'm.comfused, I would love to go Scarborough.

Are people in Scarborough racist?

I sort of agree of people.that are said to go back to there homelands, but the context have to be in light not being from racist stuff

Edited by Dr The Singh