Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

The Politics Thread 2020

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Embarrassing.

She's so thick and inarticulate, she cannot even pronounce the word "anti-semitic", never mind make a half-decent effort at defending the indefensible to "support her side".

I suspect that she might be the thickest MP ever to enter parliament. Quite some achievement with people like Bridgen and Francois in the running. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Embarrassing.

She's so thick and inarticulate, she cannot even pronounce the word "anti-semitic", never mind make a half-decent effort at defending the indefensible to "support her side".

I suspect that she might be the thickest MP ever to enter parliament. Quite some achievement with people like Bridgen and Francois in the running. 

Last week she was being asked on twitter about an article she wrote defending Ken Livingstone on some issue from years ago, and when being asked to clarify her position her response was - brace yourself - "get your knee off my neck".

Which she doubled and tripled down on in the conversation, which is worth a read. 

How do these people get into these positions of power?

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Last week she was being asked on twitter about an article she wrote defending Ken Livingstone on some issue from years ago, and when being asked to clarify her position her response was - brace yourself - "get your knee off my neck".

Which she doubled and tripled down on in the conversation, which is worth a read. 

How do these people get into these positions of power?

As I recall, she was shoehorned into Leicester East at the last minute before the general election, after Vaz became, er, unavailable.

Seen as reliable voting fodder by the Corbynistas who then controlled the NEC - boosting their faction's numbers in parliament.

I'll bet there were some in the constituency who had their heads in their hands at the time, never mind now.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

May's gone rogue.

Totally right as well - it’s a position of political independence. Cummings is also in stealth clearing out the civil service (again roles of political independence). In process spending millions in building his SPAD army. Democracy must be upheld. 

25 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Even though I find myself agreeing with most of what he says, James O'Brien infuriates me. Smarmy bastard.

He does it in a ‘I told you so’ preach 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Totally right as well - it’s a position of political independence. Cummings is also in stealth clearing out the civil service (again roles of political independence). In process spending millions in building his SPAD army. Democracy must be upheld. 

He does it in a ‘I told you so’ preach 

I used to listen to him on LBC to get a different approach to topics from that of Nick Ferrari, in the end i just kept getting infuriated with his way of handling callers. He once wouldn't allow a man to discuss a revolutionist approach to something, kept cutting in and in the end cut him off, lost all respect for him after that. 

Turbo twat.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

An absolutely fantastic question which needs to be asked of a lot of politicians across the board! 

The simple answer is people vote for them. 

The fact people are idiots and vote based on party politics rather than the individual involved is both a huge issue with our political system but also within the psyche of voters. 

There's so many idiots across all parties that shouldn't get near Westminster but do so based on representing the right party. In Leicestershire alone we have Webb and Bridgen. Different parties, but both thick as pig shit.

Under Boris's plan

Changes, planned for September, include:

• A wider range of commercial buildings will be allowed to change to residential use without the need for a planning application
  • Builders will not need a normal planning application to demolish and rebuild vacant and redundant residential and commercial buildings, if they are rebuilt as homes
  • Homeowners will be able to build additional space above their properties "via a fast track approval process" and subject to neighbour consultation

•  

They'll love the 2nd item in Leicester they already have shown how they loved to demolish well built attractive commercial buildings to put bland get rich quick blocks.

I only hope they go for the 1st option more.

Said it before. Read Isabel Hardman's book 'Why We Get The Wrong Politicians' 

You'd have to question anyones motions to be a MP - it's said to cost in the region of £100k to have a successful election campaign, the pay is above the national average but below the figures expected of Oxbridge/Russell group graduates. 

It points out the very muddy waters of lobby groups and how politicians are assigned to minister roles with a lack of expertise. By the time they learn about say housing and understand the challenges, the cabinet is shuffled. 

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

Under Boris's plan

•  

They'll love the 2nd item in Leicester they already have shown how they loved to demolish well built attractive commercial buildings to put bland get rich quick blocks.

I only hope they go for the 1st option more.

The 3rd item will have rights to light surveyors rubbing their hands. 

20 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

She might as well speak in morse code.

.. / ... ..- .--. .--. --- ... . / - .... .- - / ... --- -- . / .--. . --- .--. .-.. . / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / .--- ..- -.. --. . / - .... .- - / --- -. / -... .- .-.. .- -. -.-. . / -- .- --- / -.. .. -.. / -- --- .-. . / --. --- --- -.. / - .... .- -. / .... .- .-. --

https://morsecode.world/international/translator.html

:ph34r:

Some planning reform is definitely needed but developers are the most unscrupulous crooks going. Even with quite stringent regulations they still apply for awful shoebox builds and they sometimes still get through. 

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Some planning reform is definitely needed but developers are the most unscrupulous crooks going. Even with quite stringent regulations they still apply for awful shoebox builds and they sometimes still get through. 

.....nearly always get them through in Leicester.

Just now, davieG said:

.....nearly always get them through in Leicester.

The development going up where Filbert street was is going to look a bit like a prison