Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

The Politics Thread 2020

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sturgeon didn't break ministerial code, concludes inquiry set up by Sturgeon and led by former Sturgeon advisor.

Wasn’t this debacle meant to ‘save the union’ according to many conservative commentators? What a waste of time. The United Kingdom is done fellas so lets face reality and shave off the top like a balding man with a pair of clippers. 

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sturgeon didn't break ministerial code, concludes inquiry set up by Sturgeon and led by former Sturgeon advisor.

I'm a full on, bawz deep, SNP supporter and even I don't buy into the BS that she didn't lie here. 

She "forgot" how and when she found out that her mentor and former friend had allegations of sexual misconduct against him?! C'mon now....

17 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sturgeon DID mislead parliament, finds democratic committee.

She has a history of refusing to accept democratic decisions, so I guess she'll be sticking with the conclusion of inquiry set up be herself and led by her former advisor. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bovril said:

Scotland used to be the normal one in the Union. At this rate N. Ireland is going to end up as the most stable of the four countries in the UK. 

Unfortunately it appears that electing a single issue party bent on independence with no idea how to run a country (even the devolved bits) is not a great plan.

28 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Unfortunately it appears that electing a single issue party bent on independence with no idea how to run a country (even the devolved bits) is not a great plan.

You're possibly correct there but the alternative is electing a party that have no interest in Scotland whatsoever and have to make do with the scraps from the table. 

19 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm a full on, bawz deep, SNP supporter and even I don't buy into the BS that she didn't lie here. 

She "forgot" how and when she found out that her mentor and former friend had allegations of sexual misconduct against him?! C'mon now....

30 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You're possibly correct there but the alternative is electing a party that have no interest in Scotland whatsoever and have to make do with the scraps from the table. 

So although an SNP supporter would you actually vote for independence if a referendum was held again? 

13 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

So although an SNP supporter would you actually vote for independence if a referendum was held again? 

... I should add though that I don't think its the right time to push for another IndyRef. Which everything going on we should hold off but I will never vote no. 

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

... I should add though that I don't think its the right time to push for another IndyRef. Which everything going on we should hold off but I will never vote no. 

I think some Scots underestimate what a shit show it would be at first, which surprises me after the chaos of Brexit. And I say that as someone who understands why they are dissatisfied with Westminster rule. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

I think some Scots underestimate what a shit show it would be at first, which surprises me after the chaos of Brexit. And I say that as someone who understands why they are dissatisfied with Westminster rule. 

I'm not sure that's true anymore. Certainly in the lead up to the referendum there was probably alot of ignorance around how difficult it would be initially but i do think that Brexit has served as somewhat of premonition of how tough it will be and in all honesty, has probably damaged our chances. This is partly why I think we should hold off a few years. 

• Like 1

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm not sure that's true anymore. Certainly in the lead up to the referendum there was probably alot of ignorance around how difficult it would be initially but i do think that Brexit has served as somewhat of premonition of how tough it will be and in all honesty, has probably damaged our chances. This is partly why I think we should hold off a few years. 

I imagine it'll happen eventually with young people from all four nations showing less enthusiasm for the union. Hopefully it'll end up with a Benelux type situation with the 3 GB nations independent but working closely together. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Do the SNP just want independence from England or do they want that and to sign up to the EU?

The general consensus is that we would prefer to be part of the EU. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The general consensus is that we would prefer to be part of the EU. 

I remember being desperate for Scotland to vote to remain thinking it would help the UK remain within the EU.  Now that 'we've' voted to leave I'd back the SNP....if i was scottish that is.

Edited by purpleronnie

6 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I remember being desperate for Scotland to vote to remain thinking it would help the UK remain within the EU.  Now that 'we've' voted to leave I'd back the SNP.

You would be forgiven for thinking that considering one of the NO campaigns biggest selling points was that remaining within the UK was the only way to ensure our EU status.