Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

To be fair I am in support of the masks if they help prevent the spread, I just thought the police were a little over the top. As far as I'm aware I didn't think it was law to wear one nor that evidence was needed as proof of a medical condition. The copper will probably find himself suspended come tomorrow evening, the videos will go viral in the next 12 hours.

To be fair I’ve no idea what the law is in the UK. I know here in Oz restrictions are much more grounded in actual laws, and the police don’t tend to take any stick. We are starting to get the same types here though.

I have every sympathy for people under extreme economic duress as a result of this pandemic, but I have no time for anyone not complying with measures designed to get back to something approaching normality just to be awkward. They are just undermining the efforts of the majority of people who are prepared to make small sacrifices to be able to go about their business free of more draconian restrictions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

To be fair I’ve no idea what the law is in the UK. I know here in Oz restrictions are much more grounded in actual laws, and the police don’t tend to take any stick. We are starting to get the same types here though.

I have every sympathy for people under extreme economic duress as a result of this pandemic, but I have no time for anyone not complying with measures designed to get back to something approaching normality just to be awkward. They are just undermining the efforts of the majority of people who are prepared to make small sacrifices to be able to go about their business free of more draconian restrictions.

They are about as Draconian as they get! Anyone watching that thinking it's ok needs their head wobbling, we are now arresting people publicly for not wearing a mask and resorting to physical abuse in the process.

What an ugly inhuman bunch we've become. Makes me sick to the core. Disgraceful.

1 hour ago, simFox said:

They are about as Draconian as they get! Anyone watching that thinking it's ok needs their head wobbling, we are now arresting people publicly for not wearing a mask and resorting to physical abuse in the process.

What an ugly inhuman bunch we've become. Makes me sick to the core. Disgraceful.

Mate, the guy was getting hysterical about being asked to comply with a simple health directive during a global pandemic. If it was a 1950s movie, someone would have slapped him and he would have immediately come to his senses. He wasn’t being shot in the back or having the life choked out of him.

Having said that I don’t think the officer handled the situation at all well. I felt sorry for him as he was obviously an older chap dealing with what looked like a younger, fit and aggressive individual determined to be awkward and surrounded by his entourage. He shouldn’t have tried to tackle him alone. He should have waited for help so that the guy could be dealt with more elegantly.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Mate, the guy was getting hysterical about being asked to comply with a simple health directive during a global pandemic. If it was a 1950s movie, someone would have slapped him and he would have immediately come to his senses. He wasn’t being shot in the back or having the life choked out of him.

Having said that I don’t think the officer handled the situation at all well. I felt sorry for him as he was obviously an older chap dealing with what looked like a younger, fit and aggressive individual determined to be awkward and surrounded by his entourage. He shouldn’t have tried to tackle him alone. He should have waited for help so that the guy could be dealt with more elegantly.

pretty well sums it up

the policeman must have many years of experience but it didn’t show .........

I can’t really work out the problem with letting the virus run riot in scouseland though .........

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, simFox said:

Yes - it’s truly shocking that some people think it’s more important to stage a protest on video and to delay people going about their normal business than simply explaining why they don’t need to wear a mask. 

of course one of the alternatives is to lock everything back down again ........ 

the few people who consider their ‘freedoms’ more important than their fellow passengers health should probably be left to it - the risks that the few pose is probably not material in the wider picture, 

presumably the transport company can deny service to whomever they want to without needing to give a reason ?  If you don’t want to comply with the regs then find a different way to get around.  No one forced him to get on the train ......

3 hours ago, simFox said:

Just remember 2+2=5 and you'll be fine.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

****ing hell!

7 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

The same w@nkers complaining about such a trivial imposition as wearing masks will be crying crocodile tears over the economy and how lockdowns are violating their human rights by stopping them going down the pub. Rebels without a cause.

It's ironic, the guy is sitting there saying 'you have no right to talk to me' to a police officer lol

Then at the end the guy filming is getting his knickers in a twist cos a copper trying to deal with an angry twat wouldn't give some randomer his name. Absolute twats. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's ironic, the guy is sitting there saying 'you have no right to talk to me' to a police officer lol

Then at the end the guy filming is getting his knickers in a twist cos a copper trying to deal with an angry twat wouldn't give some randomer his name. Absolute twats. 

Amazing. Are you saying he deserved the treatment he got for acting like a bellend? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

****ing hell!

I do find it hilarious these people who think they are so smart because they've probably read some bollocks on the internet that they think means they can "outsmart" a policeman. Enjoy your night in the cells and criminal record pal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Amazing. Are you saying he deserved the treatment he got for acting like a bellend? 

Yes, assuming the transport police have the right to enforce mask wearing on public transport and remove a disruptive passenger. If the copper was acting within his remit the guy deserved everything he got for being a "bellend" and breaking the law.

(My understanding of the law in this case is limited, so if the policeman acted unlawfully then no he didn't deserve it.)

12 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Yes, assuming the transport police have the right to enforce mask wearing on public transport and remove a disruptive passenger. If the copper was acting within his remit the guy deserved everything he got for being a "bellend" and breaking the law.

(My understanding of the law in this case is limited, so if the policeman acted unlawfully then no he didn't deserve it.)

On that matter:

https://fullfact.org/online/police-mask-fines-arrests/

This is investigating the claims on Facebook that the police have no powers to enforce mask wearing. The pertinent bit below, but it just shows how misinformation spreads and leads to bellends thinking that because they read something on Facebook it's true and they can challenge the police when they can't.

The regulations that will impose the face-covering rules for shops in England have not been published yet, but those making them mandatory on public transport have been. They explicitly give police officers the power to enforce the law and to remove people from transport if they don’t comply, and say that not complying can be punished with a fine.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/592/regulation/5/made

The law states that bellend should be removed from the train.

• Like 2

The policeman is in the wrong, there is no law and you have to carry proof. Stating you aren't wearing one for health reasons is enough.

Having said that, I don't believe for one second he has a health condition. He's just being a **** to get a video out of it, just like all the other knobbers who purposely go around looking to get a rise out of the police for the purposes of getting a video of it. 

I don't think companies are under any obligation to take you either. So if they say get off, medical condition or not, and you don't get off, then they can refuse travel.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captain... said:

On that matter:

https://fullfact.org/online/police-mask-fines-arrests/

This is investigating the claims on Facebook that the police have no powers to enforce mask wearing. The pertinent bit below, but it just shows how misinformation spreads and leads to bellends thinking that because they read something on Facebook it's true and they can challenge the police when they can't.

The regulations that will impose the face-covering rules for shops in England have not been published yet, but those making them mandatory on public transport have been. They explicitly give police officers the power to enforce the law and to remove people from transport if they don’t comply, and say that not complying can be punished with a fine.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/592/regulation/5/made

The law states that bellend should be removed from the train.

Reasonable excuse

4.  For the purposes of regulation 3(1), the circumstances in which a person (“P”) has a reasonable excuse include those where—

(a)P cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering—

(i)because of any physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability (within the meaning of section 6 of the Equality Act 2010(1)), or

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The policeman is in the wrong, there is no law and you have to carry proof. Stating you aren't wearing one for health reasons is enough.

Having said that, I don't believe for one second he has a health condition. He's just being a **** to get a video out of it, just like all the other knobbers who purposely go around looking to get a rise out of the police for the purposes of getting a video of it. 

I don't think companies are under any obligation to take you either. So if they say get off, medical condition or not, and you don't get off, then they can refuse travel.

The antagonist didn't say he had an underlying health condition it was his mate shouting it.

Edit he might have said it before the filming started. But at what point does he become a confrontational and antagonistic person and it becomes a public disturbance/nuisance offence?

Edited by Captain...

3 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

The police (from what I can see) have had an absolute shocker there, whether you agree with the mask wearing or not that was a completely over the top reaction.

What's not clear is how long he's been antagonistic before the camera starts, but yes it did escalate quickly and wasn't handled well, but I expect from experience the policeman knows that he isn't going to reason with him he's going to have eject him from the train eventually just get on with it and kick him off.

Although using pepper spray in a confined space is probably not a good idea.

• Like 1

Why we ever gave the police these kind of powers, enforced mask wearing, for our own good no less.

Advisory yes, mandatory with fines and penalty's, no thanks.

Maybe he is a bellend that didn't want to wear one, maybe he has some kind of diagnosed mental health issue that he's on medication for, asthma or anything - it's one guy on a train and we've deployed 5 or so officers to haul him off and arrest him as if he's selling drugs to kids. It doesn't sit right with me, this is not how we should be treating our citizens.

Someone mentioned the people in the blitz, the difference was the people in the war died to give us our freedoms, we're denying our freedoms to save lives. The irony being that the people who's lives we are trying to save don't even want us too.

4 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

If face coverings are so good at making us "safe" why were we not wearing them in March when 1200 people a day were dying.

Probably because we didn’t have enough for the NHS so, at that point in time due to that **** up, they probably thought if the NHS don’t have them it would be carnage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joachim1965 said:

If face coverings are so good at making us "safe" why were we not wearing them in March when 1200 people a day were dying.

You mean when we were told how "ineffective they were" could even serve as transmitters if they are touched or put down, the virus particles are smaller than the filters etc..

The main reason we are using them now is that they serve a political purpose of "making progress" and steps towards normality. The reality is that the pandemic did it's thing and left. Masks should be guidance only and worn by people that are either worried (placebo) or want to fulfill some moral obligation to society by protecting people from themselves or maybe those that just like to extol their virtue publicly with a proud facial parade of mask wearing. So basically the uneducated, stupid and moronic.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

The police (from what I can see) have had an absolute shocker there, whether you agree with the mask wearing or not that was a completely over the top reaction.

Agree. 2 wrongs doesn't make a right.

You can't overstep the mark just because the fella is a tit.

8 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

The same w@nkers complaining about such a trivial imposition as wearing masks will be crying crocodile tears over the economy and how lockdowns are violating their human rights by stopping them going down the pub. Rebels without a cause.

No sympathy...The passenger forced the confrontation,most likely also by bystander...his mate....Wanted a Fun day on  socialo media..

• Like 2