Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

https://media.btp.police.uk/r/17345/man_charged_with_threatening_behaviour_and_assaul

This says they were responding to reports that he'd coughed at people, its on a train so they should have plenty of footage if he did. Been charged with threatening behaviour and assaulting a police officer

That puts a different stance on it.

As an aside, I was crashed into a couple of months back in a RTC by someone driving an untaxed vehicle, I was injured but not enough to go to hospital, I called the police for some assistance as the bloke was dodgy and was trying to leave the scene as fast as possible, the police response was 'Go online and get a crime number', while myself and my car are sat smashed to bits at the side of the roadlol Yet they can deploy 6 officers to take 1 bloke off a train!

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

The policeman is in the wrong, there is no law and you have to carry proof. Stating you aren't wearing one for health reasons is enough.

Having said that, I don't believe for one second he has a health condition. He's just being a **** to get a video out of it, just like all the other knobbers who purposely go around looking to get a rise out of the police for the purposes of getting a video of it. 

I don't think companies are under any obligation to take you either. So if they say get off, medical condition or not, and you don't get off, then they can refuse travel.

That last bit surely isn't true. Ignoring the aspersions cast about the chappy fella, if he had say autism, or whatever other disability exempts you, you'd essentially be refusing them travel on the grounds that they're autistic which would be discrimination. 

2 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

That last bit surely isn't true. Ignoring the aspersions cast about the chappy fella, if he had say autism, or whatever other disability exempts you, you'd essentially be refusing them travel on the grounds that they're autistic which would be discrimination. 

Copied from the gov.uk website:

The government will work with operators to make it mandatory for passengers to wear face coverings when using public transport in England, the Transport Secretary Grant Shapps announced today (4 June 2020).

The changes will be made under legislation such as the National Rail Conditions of Travel and Public Service Vehicle Regulations for buses. While the government expects the vast majority of people to comply with the changes, operators will be able to refuse travel or issue penalty fines for those who fail to wear a face covering, in a similar way to the rules on having a ticket for travel. British Transport Police will also support the implementation of these changes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

That's weird you've quoted me but it is @Babylon's post.

14 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Copied from the gov.uk website:

The government will work with operators to make it mandatory for passengers to wear face coverings when using public transport in England, the Transport Secretary Grant Shapps announced today (4 June 2020).

The changes will be made under legislation such as the National Rail Conditions of Travel and Public Service Vehicle Regulations for buses. While the government expects the vast majority of people to comply with the changes, operators will be able to refuse travel or issue penalty fines for those who fail to wear a face covering, in a similar way to the rules on having a ticket for travel. British Transport Police will also support the implementation of these changes.

Yes, but read the rest of it. There are exceptions to the rules. 

8 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

We all know there are exceptions, but the question posed was can travel be refused, and the answer is yes.

... That isn't what he said. Like... At all. 

He said  if they refused travel to a person with an exemption, then they'd be breaking discrimination laws. Which is true enough. :unsure:

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

Perhaps I'm not being clear, forget masks for a moment. These are private companies who can refuse travel for any number of reasons. Let's say, for instance this chap was asked nicely by a conductor and decided to be a willy puller about it, as we've seen him being in the clip. They can chuck him off for being a willy puller, doesn't matter if he's a willy puller with asthma. 

IF... the police office has been called in due to that, and not so much the mask, then it's a different story to just someone refusing to wear a mask.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Perhaps I'm not being clear, forget masks for a moment. These are private companies who can refuse travel for any number of reasons. Let's say, for instance this chap was asked nicely by a conductor and decided to be a willy puller about it, as we've seen him being in the clip. They can chuck him off for being a willy puller, doesn't matter if he's a willy puller with asthma. 

IF... the police office has been called in due to that, and not so much the mask, then it's a different story to just someone refusing to wear a mask.

I'm sure there will be some human rights issues in there, i'm no expert so I'll reserve comment, but from what I've been reading it's not very straightforward and the chap who decided to start man handling better be sure of his actions.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, simFox said:

I'm sure there will be some human rights issues in there, i'm no expert so I'll reserve comment, but from what I've been reading it's not very straightforward and the chap who decided to start man handling better be sure of his actions.

Companies are well within their rights to remove people from their services. It may be "public transport" but it's a private company running it, the train or bus is their property and on the purchase of a ticket you agree by their rules. 

If you go down city and don't comply with their rules, you'll run the risk of being ejected from the ground. So, the train company just says he was being a willy puller, they denied him travel and had him removed. 

• Like 1

It's amazing how many people suddenly have these health conditions and it's funny how so many seem to correlate with the Facebook plomkers "It's a plandemic, I'm not being told what to do". 

Prime example... Facebook "friend" says she can't wear a mask as it causes her stress to have her face covered. Has holloween pictures of her covered head to toe in masks etc. Loves to constantly tell everyone our rights are being removed... yawn. 

• Like 2

Not looking good is it. I saw that clip(scouser) and then one in Australia about police arresting(busting down door) someone protesting Covid on facebook.

Something inside me snapped a bit watching that cop. Don't know if its going to be much longer before there's going to be an outright war on the cops. Especially if they don't find a way to resolve conflicts non violently.  Fear and violence only take you so far before they turn against you. In my country I can easily see this turning into a Northern Ireland 2.0 type war.

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

No sympathy...The passenger forced the confrontation,most likely also by bystander...his mate....Wanted a Fun day on  socialo media..

This is the way to deal with it....... Ask the person to put on a mask or show cause. If person fails to comply call for additional backup as in 2+ officers. Stand back and wait for back up. Remove physically from train(if necessary). The cop was incompetent and out of control of the situation before he even got there. Sounds a lot like "some" of the police killings here in the US. Mano a mano is not a good plan.

25 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Not looking good is it. I saw that clip(scouser) and then one in Australia about police arresting(busting down door) someone protesting Covid on facebook.

Something inside me snapped a bit watching that cop. Don't know if its going to be much longer before there's going to be an outright war on the cops. Especially if they don't find a way to resolve conflicts non violently.  Fear and violence only take you so far before they turn against you. In my country I can easily see this turning into a Northern Ireland 2.0 type war.

The smashing the door down in Melbourne is a scary abuse of power. You expect that sort of reaction to serious criminals not someone making comments on Facebook that don’t agree with Chairman Dans plans to deal with the virus. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SO1 said:

This is the way to deal with it....... Ask the person to put on a mask or show cause. If person fails to comply call for additional backup as in 2+ officers. Stand back and wait for back up. Remove physically from train(if necessary). The cop was incompetent and out of control of the situation before he even got there. Sounds a lot like "some" of the police killings here in the US. Mano a mano is not a good plan.

In the Good ol' days...One Word from a policeman was suffice, In some cases Civilian would help, If any lary Idiot would Kick off..!!!

Please dont tell me ,we are better off...

34 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

In the Good ol' days...One Word from a policeman was suffice, In some cases Civilian would help, If any lary Idiot would Kick off..!!!

How long back are we going to the good old days where everyone respected one another and there was no animosity?

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

How long back are we going to the good old days where everyone respected one another and there was no animosity?

Oh there was animosity,and not everyone respected one another,or their surroundings.....Its just the Good decent hard- guys -ASBO balance,has lost its equilibrium....and the over zealous lary idiots, minority has got a tad larger,and the rules & regulations have Bent in their favour....

Oh dont get me wrong,  I was es much a Rebel & questioned many an Action from all points of the Compass from People in authority, or in contrast Groups that wanted or tried to instigate some type of aggrovation.....

But that train Passenger knew and was just waiting & ready for confrontation.....

Plus this BS over to Wear a Face mask or not, in a govt.declared pandemic.....!!!

What the fk are people trying to prove...!!! By demanding they shouldnt be forced to wear masks

.Then be prepared to  starve !!!..miss out, on the relaxed-only lockdown regulations,be shutout of todays Covid Norm....

Be an unhelpfull,uncaring,egoist,selfish.....Bastard!!!    Add idiot.!!!

But then again, its only my humble opinion....

• Like 1

Haven’t had a chance to look back over the last few pages but have I missed something as seems to be more radio announcements today about Leicester being a high risk area and not to meet in gardens it houses.  Someone told me today that some Sunday league teams have been told they can’t train again and will review on the 11th? I haven’t really kept up with what’s going on as we keep our selfs to our selfs other than work and starting school but didn’t think Leicester was to bad at the minute 

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I laid it out in the comment after that what should have been the proper procedure. If that had been followed we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.