Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

The thing that confuses me is the "it's the asymptomatic people who are the real danger, cos they could spread it without anyone knowing."

But if they're not sneezing or coughing (the definition of asymptomatic as far as I'm concerned), how are they spreading it? I guess kissing or sharing food and drink, but you only do that with people you're most intimate with, i.e., you're probably going to get infected by them some how anyway. Yet they shouldn't be a danger to people in general, even workmates and friends.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

The thing that confuses me is the "it's the asymptomatic people who are the real danger, cos they could spread it without anyone knowing."

But if they're not sneezing or coughing (the definition of asymptomatic as far as I'm concerned), how are they spreading it? I guess kissing or sharing food and drink, but you only do that with people you're most intimate with, i.e., you're probably going to get infected by them some how anyway. Yet they shouldn't be a danger to people in general, even workmates and friends.

Exactly. 

Individuals wash their own hands, don't rub eyes or nose with hands that have just been to a shop...don't share drinks or pick at meals of others.... there's not much more than can be asked. 

Everyone just needs to be considerate, that's all. No need for economic.armagedden

• Like 2

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2020/09/statement-from-the-chief-public-health-officer-of-canada-on-september-2-2020.html

Canada advising people to either masturbate or wear a mask during sex

Sexual health is an important part of our overall health. However, sex can be complicated in the time of COVID-19, especially for those without an intimate partner in their household or whose sexual partner is at higher risk for COVID-19. Like other activities during COVID-19 that involve physical closeness, there are some things you can do to minimize the risk of getting infected and spreading the virus.

The lowest risk sexual activity during COVID-19 involves yourself alone. If you choose to engage in an in-person sexual encounter with someone outside of your household or close contacts bubble, there are some steps you can take to reduce your risk. The most important step is to establish a trusting relationship with your sexual partner. When engaging in sexual activity you can reduce your risk by:

Monitoring yourself for symptoms of COVID-19 and not having sex if you or your partner is experiencing symptoms;

Limiting your use of alcohol and other substances so you and your partner(s) are able to make safe decisions;

Skipping kissing and avoiding face-to-face contact or closeness; consider using a mask that covers the nose and mouth; 

Being aware if you or your partner may be at higher risk for more severe outcomes of COVID-19. This includes: people of any age with underlying medical conditions; people with compromised immune systems; and people living with obesity.

As usual, engaging in safer sex practices, including using condoms, knowing your own STI status and the status of your partner.

Current evidence indicates there is a very low likelihood of contracting the novel coronavirus through semen or vaginal fluids. However, even if the people involved do not have symptoms, sexual activity with new partners does increase your risk of getting or passing COVID-19 through close contact, like kissing. Remember as with all social interactions, try to keep your number of close contacts low if possible.

By taking these precautions and staying conscious of the risks we assume, Canadians can find ways to enjoy physical intimacy while safeguarding the progress we have all made containing COVID-19."

7 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2020/09/statement-from-the-chief-public-health-officer-of-canada-on-september-2-2020.html

Sexual health is an important part of our overall health. However, sex can be complicated in the time of COVID-19, especially for those without an intimate partner in their household or whose sexual partner is at higher risk for COVID-19. Like other activities during COVID-19 that involve physical closeness, there are some things you can do to minimize the risk of getting infected and spreading the virus.

The lowest risk sexual activity during COVID-19 involves yourself alone. If you choose to engage in an in-person sexual encounter with someone outside of your household or close contacts bubble, there are some steps you can take to reduce your risk. The most important step is to establish a trusting relationship with your sexual partner. When engaging in sexual activity you can reduce your risk by:

Monitoring yourself for symptoms of COVID-19 and not having sex if you or your partner is experiencing symptoms;

Limiting your use of alcohol and other substances so you and your partner(s) are able to make safe decisions;

Skipping kissing and avoiding face-to-face contact or closeness; consider using a mask that covers the nose and mouth; 

Being aware if you or your partner may be at higher risk for more severe outcomes of COVID-19. This includes: people of any age with underlying medical conditions; people with compromised immune systems; and people living with obesity.

As usual, engaging in safer sex practices, including using condoms, knowing your own STI status and the status of your partner.

Current evidence indicates there is a very low likelihood of contracting the novel coronavirus through semen or vaginal fluids. However, even if the people involved do not have symptoms, sexual activity with new partners does increase your risk of getting or passing COVID-19 through close contact, like kissing. Remember as with all social interactions, try to keep your number of close contacts low if possible.

By taking these precautions and staying conscious of the risks we assume, Canadians can find ways to enjoy physical intimacy while safeguarding the progress we have all made containing COVID-19."

Thanks. I'll avoid the crude details of exactly how, but i once got raging tonsillitis off a bird, back in my pomp. 

10 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Rites of passage really. You pluck up the courage to go in a chemist to buy a mask and you leave with a bottle of Lucozade.

• Haha 4

May well be over the hump of the "second wave" over here in Korea - after 300/400 cases daily throughout last week, today is 195 and dropping. Thanks, dare I say it, to decisive action from local bigwigs and a public (other than the religious fundies) who actually realise that other people matter and not just themselves.

I remember someone saying that the Y2K bug will always be remembered as merely a blip thanks only to the work done behind the scenes to guard against it and compared it to what we're seeing now. Seems about right.

5 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

People will spread it through sneezing in general I guess. Also by touching their face or mouth, then touching surfaces, it'll spread that way.

They reckon asymptomatic people are hardly spreading it though, so that could be good news.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

do I have to wear a mask while masturbating? Asking for a friend....

14 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Whilst there is little occurrence of the virus, there will, surprise, surprise ....be little transmission 

once the weather really turns and people are inside more then we will see where we are going on this ....

I think most people have spent a lot of time indoors throughout this whole thing.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/you-might-be-able-to-hug-your-family-by-christmas-says-matt-hancock-cfb8j08r5

'You might be able to hug your family by Christmas, says Matt Hancock'

I can't read the whole article, but just **** off Mattlol

What a fvcking moron lol  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

I think this is the most ridiculous academic nonsense I have read for ages. Humans being humans most of us who actually read it to the end would say practicing what is in this article will help to restrict transmission. But people starting a relationship will do what they feel is right to do because nobody else will ever know and it is none of their business to interfere anyway. I am all for caution for most of us by maintaining social distancing and looking after the most vulnerable like family members of mine who have a heart condition. But just imagine the reaction if a Tory cabinet minister or one of their advisors told us this is what we are supposed to do. We might even witness one of them get sacked for the first time.

I predict there will actually be a spike in new births from Christmas time, nine months after the lockdown started.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

****ing hell!

The same w@nkers complaining about such a trivial imposition as wearing masks will be crying crocodile tears over the economy and how lockdowns are violating their human rights by stopping them going down the pub. Rebels without a cause.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WigstonWanderer said:

The same w@nkers complaining about such a trivial imposition as wearing masks will be crying crocodile tears over the economy and how lockdowns mean they can’t earn a living. Rebels without a cause.

To be fair I am in support of the masks if they help prevent the spread, I just thought the police were a little over the top. As far as I'm aware I didn't think it was law to wear one nor that evidence was needed as proof of a medical condition. The copper will probably find himself suspended come tomorrow evening, the videos will go viral in the next 12 hours.