Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, simFox said:

I don't understand why you keep asking this?

We just went through a massive lockdown which pretty much destroyed any social interaction for weeks. Now we have local lockdowns which is just social destruction lite. I gave you an example of someone being fined for having a birthday party which i find abhorrent. Our entertainment industry is in tatters, i have never actually been to a festival, but i understand many people thrive on these events. Nightclubs aren't open so our young people are resorting to illegal raves, which are now being followed up with fines of upto 10k. Our young people need an outlet.

The government are dictating how many people households are allowed to have round and Comrade Sturgeon has banned music in pubs.

People are actually afraid to go out - plenty of examples of this. Quarantines are affecting international travel and the holiday/travel industry and people's ability to take a much needed break abroad.

It's not all just about you, maybe you are a psychological Alpha, but some people are not and they need fun and music and seeing smiles on peoples faces, singing and dancing all that stuff. But it's ok because you can go down the pub with a mask on. Might be ok for you, but it's not for many others, including those who rely on it as a source of income.

I dont like how this pandemic is being handled with an authoritarian approach, i.e. punishment, coercion and psychological fearmongering, control and restriction on freedoms. We aren't children.

I keep asking because it’s massively melodramatic and I’ve seen absolutely no evidence of any of it. I’ve been to the pubs a couple of times and had no issues, shopping is no more a hassle than it’s ever been. The only group I feel bad for is the 70+ who obviously will still be in danger and have to take precautions for their safety, but if you feel so hard done by because you can’t get fleeced at an overpriced nightclub, can’t go on holiday for a year or can’t listen to music in a pub, my best advice is to dry your eyes and grow a bit of backbone. I bet those who lived through the Blitz would sympathise with the stripping of your liberty. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, simFox said:

But we aren't adapting. we've just shut them down. Don't limit it to my five minute rant, there are many more. Even WFH has impacted people's social interactions, personally i struggle with WFH, i need to disconnect from my workplace, same way that i cant exercise at home, i need to go to a gym (they took too long to reopen)

No we as humans have to adapt. 

You cite a birthday party in a back garden. The lady could have held it in a public space such as a park where up to thirty people can get together. 

Gyms - get outside and get some weights in. Cardio easy to do outside. Team sports back playing at grassroots level. 

Work From Home - offices are back open, individual workplaces decisions on that what the government can’t be criticised for. 

Nightclubs - there’s a clear greater good there. 

Music in a pub? Not an essential. Ironically I saw a live act in a pub last week singing. 

We have to adapt to the hand played to the human race right now. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Covid question - someone asked me and I didn't know what to say. 

They have a runny nose and a cold basically. A cough that is only there to clear his throat. Nothing more. Feels fine and they said they don't have a fever. Should they get a test?

I've got a bit of cough, something that normally you wouldn't even think about, I suffer from allergies anyway and my son had a cold last week so I'm not overly concerned and won't go for a test unless it gets worse. I did go through the symptoms checker on NHS website and it said it was unlikely. 

I wouldn't go for a test with those symptoms but I guess I might be more cautious if I lived in an area with increased cases though. 

3 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

We are currently in kos and the hotel we are in ( which is running at 50 percent capacity) is now panicking because it looks like we might be asked to come back  shortly because of what's happened in Wales and Scotland.  But the truth of it is is that they take it WAY more seriously over here and take every precaution possible that we don't do in England, yet countries that rely on the tourism like here are being punished for it.

Another frustrating thing is that the government love this 20 in a 100000 infection as being the target a country cannot go above, yet Greece to my knowledge,never has.

Plus, these people on these flights from Zante, how can anyone with any conviction say it came from Greece? Someone who gets on a flight and goes away for 7 days could have taken it with them with no symptoms when they left, and the symptoms came out whilst on holiday. 

It all stinks a bit really to me when our infection rate currently nationally is higher than these countries, yet we haven't been barred from a lot of places.  Plus, we can impose restrictions here on specific places, but we cant do the same to abroad?

Agreed the 20 in a 100000 threshold is ridiculous, may as well ban all foreign air travel and be done with it.

The aviation industry will take a long long time to recover from this.

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Isn't the symptom for Covid-19 a continuous cough? 

And the others being a high temperature or loss of smell/taste. 

You can check if a test is needed on the gov website. Usually in first 5 days of symptoms a test is required. 

That was one of his questions...what is a continuous cough and what isn't? 

13 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

As if you of all people are questioning the usefulness of posting bullshit from America coupled with some less-than-witty one liner. lol

Sorry, evidently I wasn't clear.

I'm not saying it's not news that should be posted on here (personally I like having lots of Repubs talking bollix available just so people can see exactly how much bollix they talk), I'm saying that I'm not sure why The Hill did a piece on it when it's about as suprising as Wes Morgan losing a 100m sprint to Usain Bolt.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Sorry, evidently I wasn't clear.

I'm not saying it's not news that should be posted on here (personally I like having lots of Repubs talking bollix available just so people can see exactly how much bollix they talk), I'm saying that I'm not sure why The Hill did a piece on it when it's about as suprising as Wes Morgan losing a 100m sprint to Usain Bolt.

Probably for the same reason people continually post orange man bad stuff on here. Not like any of that is surprising eh. 

44 in 1 million isn't that low odds for a particular single day. Your odds of catching a cold on a particular single day are pretty slim too but over a year or two it's much smaller.

44 in 1mil is 1 in 22,727 chance per day or 1 in 62 chance of getting it over a year and bare in mind this is the number at its lowest and we're waiting to see how winter will affect that number going up right now.

Got to say, I know more than 62 people, most people probably do. Which means the chance I'll know someone who'll get it over the next year even at its lowest point of spread on those odds is very high. If the numbers go back up as the weather gets colder then those odds will only go up.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

44 in 1 million isn't that low odds for a particular single day. Your odds of catching a cold on a particular single day are pretty slim too but over a year or two it's much smaller.

44 in 1mil is 1 in 22,727 chance per day or 1 in 62 chance of getting it over a year and bare in mind this is the number at its lowest and we're waiting to see how winter will affect that number going up right now.

Got to say, I know more than 62 people, most people probably do. Which means the chance I'll know someone who'll get it over the next year even at its lowest point of spread on those odds is very high. If the numbers go back up as the weather gets colder then those odds will only go up.

Ah ok, it's odds per single day. That's such a ridiculously misleading headline. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

I missed your post, cheers for the explanation!

3 PSG players test positive.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11820/12061805/neymar-among-three-psg-players-to-return-positive-coronavirus-tests

I know its been said a thousand times, but surely a lot people have had this virus but we just don't know about it (or can't prove it etc.)

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If those numbers are correct in the article, that's very surprising.

Not surprisingly at all. The pandemic finished weeks ago. Once the US switches gear and we find the school children aren't dieing, things will move quickly.

The moderna directors cashed in their stocks, so not expecting stellar sales for their new vaccine when it's released, probably because it won't be needed by then.

Antoine want to see the Florida graphs? No lockdown, world was going to end, blood on his hands etc. Look no different to anyone elses, I think it's time we called time in this charade and took out lives back.

Edited by simFox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, simFox said:

Not surprisingly at all. The pandemic finished weeks ago. Once the US switches gear and we find the school children aren't dieing, things will move quickly.

The moderna directors cashed in their stocks, so not expecting stellar sales for their new vaccine when it's released, probably because it won't be needed by then.

Antoine want to see the Florida graphs? No lockdown, world was going to end, blood on his hands etc. Look no different to anyone elses, I think it's time we called time in this charade and took out lives back.

Slight amendment. We'll take our lives back. 

Already, I'm finding more and more normality at the office, at my kids' junior football team and laughably today at my hairdressers (totally zero regard for covid sanitisation and msocial Distancing) regardless of the daily madcap rules and regulations that get blurted out about gardens and quarantine and meeting friends and codes of conduct in stadiums. 

The point was made the other day by the totally insane but equally wonderful David Icke. Half a million on Bournemouth beach and 'they' declare a 'major incident'  - whatever that means. But wtf could 'they' do when declaring the major incident? Absolute sweet fanny Adams.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Slight amendment. We'll take our lives back. 

Already, I'm finding more and more normality at the office, at my kids' junior football team and laughably today at my hairdressers (totally zero regard for covid sanitisation and msocial Distancing) regardless of the daily madcap rules and regulations that get blurted out about gardens and quarantine and meeting friends and codes of conduct in stadiums. 

The point was made the other day by the totally insane but equally wonderful David Icke. Half a million on Bournemouth beach and 'they' declare a 'major incident'  - whatever that means. But wtf could 'they' do when declaring the major incident? Absolute sweet fanny Adams.

Lads I know and where I live have been drinking indoors for months, sometimes up to 30 or 40 of them. Some of the people at work who were doing it properly at the beginning of lockdown are even starting to go to round friends houses and actively starting to mix indoors again. I work outdoors and we've not really social distanced at all, it's impossible to in all honesty. It feels like not many people are taking the restrictions seriously anymore.