Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

I just looked up the last Covid-19 watchlist report 

Leicester is 90.9 positive tests per 100,000. 

So correct me if I’m thick here 

90.9 / 100,000

9.09 / 10,000

0.909 / 1,000 

0.0909 / 100 

So that’s like 1 person has Covid in every 1,100? Over the last seven days on average 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

3 hours ago, Manini said:

In the office today for the first time since mid March (my own accord, nobody held a gun to my head). We have 500 staff in Leeds, there’s currently me and 3 other people in the whole office who are here and speaking to the girls on reception there’s been no more than 5 people in at any one time since we reopened it 2 weeks ago. This can’t be sustainable, surely, the company must be losing money on this place hand over fist and it wouldn’t surprise me if we got rid of it all together. The commercial property market must be on its arse if this is anything to go by. 

Just you and the girls on reception in the whole entire office you say? 

:claudio:

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I just looked up the last Covid-19 watchlist report 

Leicester is 90.9 positive tests per 100,000. 

So correct me if I’m thick here 

90.9 / 100,000

9.09 / 10,000

0.909 / 1,000 

0.0909 / 100 

So that’s like 1 person has Covid in every 1,100? Over the last seven days on average 

That’s correct, that was why I couldn’t get my head around taking countries off the safe to travel list when they went above 20/100,000, that’s 200 cases in every million. 

14 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Johnson, Whitty and Vallance press conference tomorrow. I'm due to go away for the only thing resembling a holiday I'll get this year on Thursday so stick your house on them announcing something that completely fvcks my ability to do that.

Fingers crossed for you, I’m due to go away in a weeks time so pretty worried at the moment 

5 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Fingers crossed for you, I’m due to go away in a weeks time so pretty worried at the moment 

Ta mate, same for you. It's grim hanging on not knowing whether you're going to be able to actually go where you're planning. Couldn't have gone any other time before now so just got to hope for the best...

29 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Johnson, Whitty and Vallance press conference tomorrow. I'm due to go away for the only thing resembling a holiday I'll get this year on Thursday so stick your house on them announcing something that completely fvcks my ability to do that.

14 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

We were due to go Centre Parcs last week in October to celebrate Mums 70th. Ten of us in two lodges for 3 days. Got a call from Centre Parcs today telling us to cancel it and re-book for next year. Apparently with all the restrictions in place they said it really wouldn't be worth us going. Great :rolleyes:

Hope you two manage to get a decent break with no issues :thumbup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fktf said:

I just don't think there's a workable solution once you start to get into the details.

Whatever the Govt (or any Govt) do, there'll be millions screaming for something different.

They try and help X - they're accused of not doing enough for Y

There's risks in whatever they choose and they'll be hammered either way.

Locking down to reduce deaths, the economy suffers and that's wrong.

Try and re-energise the economy, deaths rise and that's wrong.

Just seems impossible to find something to please the masses.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Izzy said:

We were due to go Centre Parcs last week in October to celebrate Mums 70th. Ten of us in two lodges for 3 days. Got a call from Centre Parcs today telling us to cancel it and re-book for next year. Apparently with all the restrictions in place they said it really wouldn't be worth us going. Great :rolleyes:

Hope you two manage to get a decent break with no issues :thumbup:

Sorry to hear that, we were due to do the same thing in April for my mum's 60th. Can't really fault them for how they dealt with our case but shocking they've given you this news so late.

23 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Ta mate, same for you. It's grim hanging on not knowing whether you're going to be able to actually go where you're planning. Couldn't have gone any other time before now so just got to hope for the best...

I’m the same can’t go during the summer months, booked my upcoming holiday way back in last October, I’m a worrier anyway and am struggling with the uncertainty 

7 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Sorry to hear that, we were due to do the same thing in April for my mum's 60th. Can't really fault them for how they dealt with our case but shocking they've given you this news so late.

Yeah its a bit shit with 4 weeks notice. I think the problem is they know we're a group of 10 from 3 separate households and this rule of 6/social bubble thing means we wouldn't have been able to do activities/eat/swim etc. together. 

But it is what it is I guess. If it's just you/your family going away on Thursday then hopefully you'll have no problems :fc:

4 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Deaths involving COVID-19 have increased for the second consecutive week in England and Wales.

There were 139 fatalities which mentioned coronavirus on the death certificate - up from 99 the previous week, according to the latest figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

COVID-19 deaths still only accounted for 1.5% of all deaths

I love how the media has gone from reporting daily death to weekly deaths to give it that little bit more fear factor. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I love how the media has gone from reporting daily death to weekly deaths to give it that little bit more fear factor. 

Exactly, todays daily figures are shouted loud and proud by the media, almost boastfully which is borderline sick in itself. In contrast the figures over the past three days are whispered very vedy quietly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Whatever the Govt (or any Govt) do, there'll be millions screaming for something different.

They try and help X - they're accused of not doing enough for Y

There's risks in whatever they choose and they'll be hammered either way.

Locking down to reduce deaths, the economy suffers and that's wrong.

Try and re-energise the economy, deaths rise and that's wrong.

Just seems impossible to find something to please the masses.

Oh I'm very sympathetic towards the difficulties of leading at this time. It must few difficult. 

I've no sympathy for the dishonesty and, at times, outright lying that they've been doing. They could stop the relentless lying and dishonesty. That might please quite a few folk. 

Something for all those who seem to be focussing on only deaths to think about. I'm sick of repeating that the danger is not just dying, but people don't seem to be able to see past the death numbers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-54106272

Yes she's asthmatic, but she's only 32, and was pretty fit and active before Covid. When people talk about shielding the vulnerable so that they can get on with their lives do they also include people like this? How many millions of them are there, like her?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

They should report on the statistics below.

58 minutes ago, String fellow said:

According to the BBC, there were 71 deaths in the last 24 hours, the highest number since July 1st. Why play down this news? For many, it will be seen as a very ominous sign of things to come. 

Or not, if people analyse data correctly.

Valance's "prediction" (or whatever he refers to it as, in essence, a PREDICTION) shows his numbers in blue.  We're way off it.  Perhaps he will back down tomorrow, but if he continues to beat his drum, he's losing credibility imo.

Screenshot_20200929-184159_Samsung Internet.jpg

48 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is the 10pm parliament bar curfew exemption true or is it just a attention-grabbing headline? 

If so, that really is a kick to the balls and doesn't help eradicate the 'one rule for us, one rule for them' attitude... 

Got me thinking that there must be loads of old money member clubs who are able to flout the rules somehow.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Is the 10pm parliament bar curfew exemption true or is it just a attention-grabbing headline? 

If so, that really is a kick to the balls and doesn't help eradicate the 'one rule for us, one rule for them' attitude... 

It was true as it classed as a work place like a canteen on a work site. They changed it as soon as it came to light in the headlines, still a huge kick in the balls though isn't it.

Now, onto the fact that we apparently subsidise the alcohol and food in the HoC with our taxes, ridiculous if true.