Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

And you wonder why people criticise the Govt? 

It’s an incredible curveball at them but this constant incompetence on matters such as this is staggering 

Well yeah I do wonder why people criticise the government for things like this given that civil servants in Whitehall or wherever are responsible for these things day to day. I get that in this country, ultimately, the buck stops with ministers and every government cops flak for other people's incompetence but it's detrimental to our governance because there's little accountability below ministers because they're there to be hidden behind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

How?!

Ridiculous incompetence again.

This is just as bad as when they were only including Pillar 1 data to totals, instead of Pillar 2 as well.

The British public have no idea where we stand now, it’s just a tiresome boring farce.

8 hours ago, kingfox said:

The British public have no idea where we stand now, it’s just a tiresome boring farce.

You stand exactly where you stood yesterday. If you're under restrictions, carry on following them, if you aren't, carry on doing whatever you're doing. 

Don't understand the drama. :unsure:

A balls up of epic proportions which sadly is of no surprise to anyone given the buffoons in charge of this response.

This puts us on the same path and trajectory as some countries in mainland Europe, and given Paris and Madrid are almost at level 5 lockdown already, I'd imagine we will have to do at least that if not more given how much worse our tracing ability is. "But it's not a lockdown, it's a circuit breaker!" will be the official response. 

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

A balls up of epic proportions which sadly is of no surprise to anyone given the buffoons in charge of this response.

This puts us on the same path and trajectory as some countries in mainland Europe, and given Paris and Madrid are almost at level 5 lockdown already, I'd imagine we will have to do at least that if not more given how much worse our tracing ability is. "But it's not a lockdown, it's a circuit breaker!" will be the official response. 

At risk of getting party political, I doubt that the hypothetical Labour health minister or prime minister would have got round to checking the computer skills of the NHS IT department.  Hancock can't do all the work himself.  Some things have to be delegated.

If, of course, you were referring to the buffoons at Public Health England, or whoever else may have produced these stats, then that's a different matter.

14 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

And you wonder why people criticise the Govt? 

It’s an incredible curveball at them but this constant incompetence on matters such as this is staggering 

the story is that the test and trace ‘database’ is actually an excel spreadsheet and this was run using columns rather than lines - columns run out at 16 odd thousand so the spreadsheet wouldnt update in the end as it became ‘full’

I mean its incompetence of the highest degree - the rest of the world will be laughing uncontrollably at us - a world class test and trace system is a spreadsheet ??  And one done the wrong way around in any case !!  It should be a database system that is accessible by all who need access simultaneously. 

they’ve put you and your loved ones in danger with their incompetence and the use of some of the commercial partners selected should be scrutinised - there should be consequences 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Horrific incompetence again but on the plus side that brings down the death per test number even further. 

deaths will follow as the month progresses - they already are - what is an acceptable ‘deaths per day seven day average’ for people ?? 

Edited by st albans fox

57 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

At risk of getting party political, I doubt that the hypothetical Labour health minister or prime minister would have got round to checking the computer skills of the NHS IT department.  Hancock can't do all the work himself.  Some things have to be delegated.

If, of course, you were referring to the buffoons at Public Health England, or whoever else may have produced these stats, then that's a different matter.

Yes and no.

There was a decision made by Hancock et al to include external, private contractors to the testing process. Using the services of Serco, Mitie, G4S, Sodexo and Deloitte, in charge of the collection of statistics.

PHE's direct work is largely based upon care homes, hospitals and other state-based facilities. 

We don't know at which stage the error has occurred to dictate 'blame'. However, it's a tiresome repeat of incompetence which the current govt are responsible in the same manner the football manager takes criticism for the way his players play. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

the story is that the test and trace ‘database’ is actually an excel spreadsheet and this was run using columns rather than lines - columns run out at 16 odd thousand so the spreadsheet wouldnt update in the end as it became ‘full’

I mean its incompetence of the highest degree - the rest of the world will be laughing uncontrollably at us - a world class test and trace system is a spreadsheet ??  And one done the wrong way around in any case !!  It should be a database system that is accessible by all who need access simultaneously. 

they’ve put you and your loved ones in danger with their incompetence and the use of some of the commercial partners selected should be scrutinised - there should be consequences 

deaths will follow as the month progresses - they already are - what is an acceptable ‘deaths per day seven day average’ for people ?? 

Oh my god is this true?!

It would certainly explain the problem!

with all this talk of cases, can somebody show me some actual figures that show we are in a pandemic, as the death figures surely don't. 

1 person per million per day are the current figures, to put that into perspective,  thats 32 King power stadiums at full capacity and 1 person in all those stadiums has died.

I must be seriously missing something here because any world leader that trashes a country's economy and puts in restrictions on its citizens is either a lunatic or a full on dictator.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

with all this talk of cases, can somebody show me some actual figures that show we are in a pandemic, as the death figures surely don't. 

1 person per million per day are the current figures, to put that into perspective,  thats 32 King power stadiums at full capacity and 1 person in all those stadiums has died.

I must be seriously missing something here because any world leader that trashes a country's economy and puts in restrictions on its citizens is either a lunatic or a full on dictator.

A pandemic means it’s in every continent I think. 

17 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

I’m beginning to get confused by what is confusing you ??

do you own a night club or work for a company involved in events or hospitality?

my business has been decimated by this and I could easily go broke over the next six months but I understand what’s going on - I appreciate the big picture and the decisions being made 

I asked earlier what an acceptable daily death rate across a weekly period is ?  I think this matters 

and are we also prepared for the NHS to be overwhelmed ?

i remember clapping their efforts back in April and May - maybe I shouldn’t have bothered - according to many posters on here, they weren’t actually doing anything because we are ok to go back to that situation 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m beginning to get confused by what is confusing you ??

do you own a night club or work for a company involved in events or hospitality?

my business has been decimated by this and I could easily go broke over the next six months but I understand what’s going on - I appreciate the big picture and the decisions being made 

I asked earlier what an acceptable daily death rate across a weekly period is ?  I think this matters 

and are we also prepared for the NHS to be overwhelmed ?

i remember clapping their efforts back in April and May - maybe I shouldn’t have bothered - according to many posters on here, they weren’t actually doing anything because we are ok to go back to that situation 

let me unconfuse you.

I don't work in the hospitality sector, and theoretically no death is acceptable,  but to ruin the lives of millions of people and to allow cancer patients to die through lack of treatment and to trash a country's economy based on "cases" is madness.

The NHS was not overwhelmed and it will not be now, the death figures we have seen since June and what we are seeing now are comparable to the last five years, I will ask again can somebody show me some actual figures that justify the actions being taken.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

I know what it means.

The figures don't add up , ok let's look at the uk epidemic,  any one care to give me some death figures that justify what is happening right now.

There's currently 22,961 cases per day and 33 deaths per day, although they're not sure about the cases because they've had to open a new spreadsheet page on a piece of 10 quid software that's working everything out.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/05/covid-cases-and-deaths-today-coronavirus-uk-map

7 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

let me unconfuse you.

I don't work in the hospitality sector, and theoretically no death is acceptable,  but to ruin the lives of millions of people and to allow cancer patients to die through lack of treatment and to trash a country's economy based on "cases" is madness.

The NHS was not overwhelmed and it will not be now, the death figures we have seen since June and what we are seeing now are comparable to the last five years, I will ask again can somebody show me some actual figures that justify the actions being taken.

I think the government have got to a point where they don't know what to actually do and there's a refusal to believe we can try to get back to a normal existence.

9 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

let me unconfuse you.

the deaths would be higher now if the actions werent took

20 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Or, at least, one cannot prove that they wouldn't be higher, which really should render the whole discussion moot with so much at stake.

As we discussed on Saturday, it all depends on how seriously you take the pcr test.

The science shows that this test is not fit for purpose in the context of what it is being used for.