Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 minute ago, simFox said:

Of course, but you only pay tax on the profit and if you pay yourself minimum wage and put everything else as company expense and pay a dividend whilst renting office space etc, you can still work it pretty well and buy stuff for work like cars. It's not rocket surgery!

If you're going to defraud the taxman by putting private cars through the books, it's easier and safer to do it via an unincorporated business.  The penalties for getting a benefit in kind wrong are a lot greater than for wrongly "estimating" private use of a non-company vehicle.  

If you're talking about deliberately underdeclaring income - ie. fraud - what difference does it make what the trax rate is, or whether you are incorporated or not?  

And for that matter, what has it to do with coronavirus?

12 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

If you're going to defraud the taxman by putting private cars through the books, it's easier and safer to do it via an unincorporated business.  The penalties for getting a benefit in kind wrong are a lot greater than for wrongly "estimating" private use of a non-company vehicle.  

If you're talking about deliberately underdeclaring income - ie. fraud - what difference does it make what the trax rate is, or whether you are incorporated or not?  

And for that matter, what has it to do with coronavirus?

Why would anyone put a private car through the books that's used for work?

Anyway, back to Rona.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

It's not just that that there is to bash the government with though is there?

Oh how the times change Stan, look at us agreeing about politics:wub:

Here's a Daily Mail article to balance that freak occurrence out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8919695/Rapid-coronavirus-test-trials-missed-50-cent-positive-cases.html

'Liverpool's mass-testing scheme is branded a 'shambles' as Covid-stricken patients are allowed to mix with the uninfected in hour-long queues'

A potentially extremely serious development in Denmark.  Covid-19 passed from the human population to an animal - the mink, since when it has mutated.  BBC news this morning reporting that the new strain has now been contracted by around 200 people in Denmark.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54818615

If this new strain becomes widespread in the population and spreads beyond Denmark we could be back to square one as it is possible that the vaccines currently in development will be ineffective against the new strain.  Early days yet but if we have learned anything from the spread of Covid-19 from Wuhan we should be taking this very seriously.

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8919695/Rapid-coronavirus-test-trials-missed-50-cent-positive-cases.html

'Liverpool's mass-testing scheme is branded a 'shambles' as Covid-stricken patients are allowed to mix with the uninfected in hour-long queues'

Haha it hadn't escaped my attention ;)

9 hours ago, String fellow said:

Anyone who listened carefully to what was said at last Saturday's press conference will realise that the PM did not introduce the second lock-down based on solely on the 4k/day deaths headline figure. It based on numerous data, all pointing to the strong likelihood that the NHS would be overwhelmed this winter if nothing was done to reduce the R number. The heat maps showed that some hospitals were already seeing more COVID-19 admissions than during the first wave. So to just seize on that one figure to bash the government with, when they are clearly doing their very best to minimise fatalities, seems to me wholly unjustified. Guardian readers - please feel free to mock me as much as you want!

Ah, you would make a fine politician, avoiding answering questions and blathering on once again.

I asked you in a previous post was it right for the government to mislead the population as in regard the 4000 deaths?

If they are going to spout such ridiculous numbers then of course the general public will seize on that when it’s proved to be false information given by the people in charge of our country and the current crisis.

I think most people, myself included realise the seriousness of the situation so there is really no need to conjure up such outrageous numbers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, simFox said:

Why would anyone put a private car through the books that's used for work?

Anyway, back to Rona.

assuming you are buying a non basic vehicle, you will find the co car tax will screw you over. - the current anomoly of hybrid vehicles with v low co2 figures which are v unrepresentative of how people actually use them will soon be sorted aswell imo 

8 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

that occurred to me - surely they must have realised this would happen ??

58 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

So jealous watching the rugby in Australia. Heading into summer with a sense of normality.

Noticed that too - oh for a climate where you can spend most of your time outside ........

34 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Surely you're not suggesting MP's feather their own nests. Nooo, they'd never do such a thing.

Nest feathering is one thing. Declaring the biggest, featheriest nest owner the protector of over feathering is quite the other. 

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I doubt he had a medical condition, but I didn't think they were allowed to ask you for proof, nor was it a legal requirement to carry proof?

Regardless of the rules and legal requirements, that guy was being a cock for the sake of it I reckon.

Asking for police badge numbers FFS.
Bell end.

• Like 1

Just now, Izzy said:

Regardless of the rules and legal requirements, that guy was being a cock for the sake of it I reckon.

Bell end.

Oh without a doubt, definitely didn't have a medical condition either IMO.

But what if he did? The police, the rules and the legal requirements just seem to mix and match.

27 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I doubt he had a medical condition, but I didn't think they were allowed to ask you for proof, nor was it a legal requirement to carry proof?

Makes you feel warm and secure knowing the police are out patrolling the supermarkets to catch people not wearing masks!

25 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Bell end.

I've seen worse examples of being a bellend to the police. In this instance he was a little aggressive, but then was simply asking them to explain what he was clearly misunderstanding about the rules in order for him to follow them better, and either got contradictory answers or no answer at all. When he asked whether he could obtain a card to shows he's exempt and was met with a reply of "Leave the store please", well I expect better from our police. If they are met with someone asking a genuine question about what they've done wrong, or asked for guidance on a matter I expect them to offer help, no just be dismissive.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

There's a 99% chance this guy is just a bellend. We know it, and the police know it. I imagine the police have been dealing with these types of bellends for months now, can't blame them for coming across as short of patience. Trouble is, this could all be cleared up with a simple "I'm exempt" card from local GP's but for some reason every time the idea gets brought up someone who'd needs one pipes up with something along the lines of but then people would know I have a medical issue and that makes me feel _____ (fill in the blank). Vast majority of people don't give a monkeys what's wrong with you, surely it's better to not have to face situations like this when you don't wear a mask. :unsure: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Oh without a doubt, definitely didn't have a medical condition either IMO.

But what if he did? The police, the rules and the legal requirements just seem to mix and match.

15 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

There's a 99% chance this guy is just a bellend. We know it, and the police know it. I imagine the police have been dealing with these types of bellends for months now, can't blame them for coming across as short of patience. Trouble is, this could all be cleared up with a simple "I'm exempt" card from local GP's but for some reason every time the idea gets brought up someone who'd needs one pipes up with something along the lines of but then people would know I have a medical issue and that makes me feel _____ (fill in the blank). Vast majority of people don't give a monkeys what's wrong with you, surely it's better to not have to face situations like this when you don't wear a mask. :unsure: 

The bloke just needs to print one of these exemption forms off the Gov.UK website or download the template to his phone. If he'd have produced this when confronted then no problem (but he 'left it at home' :rolleyes:). 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

The bloke just needs to print one of these exemption forms off the Gov.UK website or download the template to his phone. If he'd have produced this when confronted then no problem (but he 'left it at home' :rolleyes:). 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

Shows how much I've been paying attention for the last few months tbh, last time I heard exemption forms brought up there was *outrage* over having to disclose personal problems. :D

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Izzy said:

100%, and I get that, but it's not law is it? They were saying it's an arrestable offence and that page also states it's not necessary by law. They also tell him he's breaking the law...

'Exemption cards or badges

Some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.

This is a personal choice, and is not necessary in law.

If you would like to use an exemption card you can use the PDF attachments on this page.

Those who have an age, health or disability reason to not wear a face covering should not be routinely asked to provide any written evidence of this. Written evidence includes exemption cards.;

In essence either make it law or don't allow police officers to lie and threaten arrest for something that isn't against the law.

• Like 1

With reference to mink farming in Denmark and its apparent link to a mutation of COVID-19, we in the UK should be proud of fact that we banned this barbaric industry about 20 years ago. Personally, I hope that the killing of all their farmed mink will also kill off their mink industry.

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

100%, and I get that, but it's not law is it? They were saying it's an arrestable offence and that page also states it's not necessary by law. They also tell him he's breaking the law...

'Exemption cards or badges

Some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.

This is a personal choice, and is not necessary in law.

If you would like to use an exemption card you can use the PDF attachments on this page.

Those who have an age, health or disability reason to not wear a face covering should not be routinely asked to provide any written evidence of this. Written evidence includes exemption cards.;

In essence either make it law or don't allow police officers to lie and threaten arrest for something that isn't against the law.

Quite. The police are there to uphold the law, not make it up as they see fit or administer an interpretation based on the mood that takes them.

It's not actually illegal to be a bellend. If it was, we would all be in jail.

Edited by simFox
  • Like 1