Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Lost count of how many instances there is of this conduct (if you can call it that) in the current government. Disgusting. 

They have no shame, disgusting waste of money

47 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

You dont have to provide proof because there is no proof, there is not a reason on earth why you cannot wear a loose mask over your face, unless you are unable to walk more than 5 metres and require home oxygen. The reason people don't wear masks is because they are self centred entitled pieces of [deleted], and there isnt a card for that.

I suppose even in these days of mental health awareness, there are bound to be people who believe that there is no mental illness at all and anyone with mental health issues is "a self entitled piece of ...".

I find that after a short time in a mask, I feel the need for a deep breath.  Now, I don't have asthma, but I wouldn't dare to presume that tohose that do have asthma and claim to have the same sort of effect, only worse, are all "self entitled ..." (you know the rest).

20 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

I suppose even in these days of mental health awareness, there are bound to be people who believe that there is no mental illness at all and anyone with mental health issues is "a self entitled piece of ...".

I find that after a short time in a mask, I feel the need for a deep breath.  Now, I don't have asthma, but I wouldn't dare to presume that tohose that do have asthma and claim to have the same sort of effect, only worse, are all "self entitled ..." (you know the rest).

Won't hear it, plenty of healthcare staff have mental health issues and we've all been working in FFP3 since Feb. People can wear a mask on the bus.

The mental health excuse is such a pathetic cop out.

Also, asthma does not prevent you from wearing a loose surgical mask. If your asthma was this bad you would be dead already.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Won't hear it, plenty of healthcare staff have mental health issues and we've all been working in FFP3 since Feb. People can wear a mask on the bus.

The mental health excuse is such a pathetic cop out.

Also, asthma does not prevent you from wearing a loose surgical mask. If your asthma was this bad you would be dead already.

I don't have asthma.  But if you say that not a single person with asthma is affected by wearing a mask, and that not a single person with asthma (apart from pieces of [deleted]) have any anxiety issues about their asthma and a mask, then I suppose I should believe you.

Question.  When someone does come into hospital struggling to breathe with a panic attack, whether they have asthma or otherwise, is it the recommended option to say "put that mask on you self entitled piece of ..."?   

1 hour ago, dsr-burnley said:

I don't have asthma.  But if you say that not a single person with asthma is affected by wearing a mask, and that not a single person with asthma (apart from pieces of [deleted]) have any anxiety issues about their asthma and a mask, then I suppose I should believe you.

Question.  When someone does come into hospital struggling to breathe with a panic attack, whether they have asthma or otherwise, is it the recommended option to say "put that mask on you self entitled piece of ..."?   

Although overwhelming anxiety attacks are horrible, "panic attacks" are not dangerous and they do not cause people to be admitted to hospital as an emergency, so I don't know what you're getting at.

Asthma is a narrowing (swelling) of the airways, usually caused by an allergy or by pollution, a loose surgical mask is going to no way relate to the condition.

People spout such uniformed rubbish it amazes me. Just suck it up and protect each other FFS.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Lost count of how many instances there is of this conduct (if you can call it that) in the current government. Disgusting. 

While there are people who don't even have a place to call home in this country the least they could do is be actual conservatives and save money instead of just taking it all for themselves. 

18 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I've seen worse examples of being a bellend to the police. In this instance he was a little aggressive, but then was simply asking them to explain what he was clearly misunderstanding about the rules in order for him to follow them better, and either got contradictory answers or no answer at all. When he asked whether he could obtain a card to shows he's exempt and was met with a reply of "Leave the store please", well I expect better from our police. If they are met with someone asking a genuine question about what they've done wrong, or asked for guidance on a matter I expect them to offer help, no just be dismissive.

18 hours ago, Izzy said:

He said he left his proof of medical condition at home so that's his fault.

I think the Police were spot on. If the bloke wants to walk around without a mask, the emphasis is on him to obtain the necessary document to show he's exempt.

Or order your shopping on-line or click and collect.

I reckon he just wanted an argument and to film it cos he's a twat.

I assume we're talking about the gentleman and wife in the supermarket video? 

We don't have any background knowledge that I'm aware of? However the police shouldn't be asking him to leave the store unless its been an ask of the store manager and if it was an ask why wasn't he/she there?

Also the police are in the wrong asking what medical condition he has not to mention everything goes against the equality act.

8 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Although overwhelming anxiety attacks are horrible, "panic attacks" are not dangerous and they do not cause people to be admitted to hospital as an emergency, so I don't know what you're getting at.

Asthma is a narrowing (swelling) of the airways, usually caused by an allergy or by pollution, a loose surgical mask is going to no way relate to the condition.

People spout such uniformed rubbish it amazes me. Just suck it up and protect each other FFS.

So you've never suffered with GAD, people take medication and the mask can seriously set it off, its debilitating and though it doesn't kill you it is a serious condition. Going to the hospital while having a panic attack is not unusual.

I think a lot of people have had panic attacks so know what they are like, now imagine you get them everyday or just consistent anxiety along with the agitation, nervousness and irritability.

You shouldn't downplay a condition you clearly don't know much about. Anxiety is horrible.

21 minutes ago, simFox said:

So you've never suffered with GAD, people take medication and the mask can seriously set it off, its debilitating and though it doesn't kill you it is a serious condition. Going to the hospital while having a panic attack is not unusual.

I think a lot of people have had panic attacks so know what they are like, now imagine you get them everyday or just consistent anxiety along with the agitation, nervousness and irritability.

You shouldn't downplay a condition you clearly don't know much about. Anxiety is horrible.

Again, panic attacks are in no way dangerous and people should not be presenting at hospital with them. If a mask makes your anxiety worse, bad luck. I value the safety of the public more than that individual's feelings.

I suffer with anxiety myself fyi.

2 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Again, panic attacks are in no way dangerous and people should not be presenting at hospital with them. If a mask makes your anxiety worse, bad luck. I value the safety of the public more than that individual's feelings.

I suffer with anxiety myself fyi.

Bollocks do you, if you did you would not be saying that. Utterly clueless considering you work in a hospital, you should know better about mental health.

You are downplaying mental health like it's something you can just visit your doctor for. Many people don't trust medical in confidence and don't want mental health issues on their record, so getting a doctor's letter isn't feasible. Some people self medicate, some people are going through severe stress or emotional issues, addictions, financial risks, breakups, homelessness, etc. 

It's ok saying "just get through because i have" people deal with things differently or have varying levels of coping or being triggered. Life is complicated and so are humans, if someone can't wear a mask for whatever reason, no one on here can judge that person or demand to know why. There's a reason why it's written in guidance, by people with a better understanding than you clearly have.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, simFox said:

Bollocks do you, if you did you would not be saying that. Utterly clueless considering you work in a hospital, you should know better about mental health.

You are downplaying mental health like it's something you can just visit your doctor for. Many people don't trust medical in confidence and don't want mental health issues on their record, so getting a doctor's letter isn't feasible. Some people self medicate, some people are going through severe stress or emotional issues, addictions, financial risks, breakups, homelessness, etc. 

It's ok saying "just get through because i have" people deal with things differently or have varying levels of coping or being triggered. Life is complicated and so are humans, if someone can't wear a mask for whatever reason, no one on here can judge that person or demand to know why. There's a reason why it's written in guidance, by people with a better understanding than you clearly have.

I know far more about mental health than you. I also know far more about what the world is currently facing than you.

Yeah I cant talk to you, like arguing with a brick wall. Wear a mask.

Edited by z-layrex

I went to Costco last week and my mask wouldn't pinch my nose, the metal thing in the top was like a plastic that didn't bend, so my glasses were streaming up badly, I couldn't see what I was buying, so I had to put it below my nose, the guy at the counter insisted I put it above my nose. I did while I was at the till, but still, it's not always people just being difficult.

Just now, simFox said:

I went to Costco last week and my mask wouldn't pinch my nose, the metal thing in the top was like a plastic that didn't bend, so my glasses were streaming up badly, I couldn't see what I was buying, so I had to put it below my nose, the guy at the counter insisted I put it above my nose. I did while I was at the till, but still, it's not always people just being difficult.

I hang my glasses on my shirt because they steam up too. I can't see well at all without them. This pandemic is really an inconvenience isn't it?

4 minutes ago, simFox said:

That's easy enough to solve though:  If you wear contacts, put them in.  If you don't wear contacts take control of the situation and buy some reusable masks with enough support to allow you to wear your glasses without them steaming up, that way you aren't at the mercy of unpredictable disposables.  Or just go without glasses for a few minutes.  It's really not rocket science, you've had months to work this problem out.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Izzy said:

He said he left his proof of medical condition at home so that's his fault.

I think the Police were spot on. If the bloke wants to walk around without a mask, the emphasis is on him to obtain the necessary document to show he's exempt.

Or order your shopping on-line or click and collect.

I reckon he just wanted an argument and to film it cos he's a twat.

Excuse me I am a twat..!  

Please don't compare bellends with twats..it's insulting!!

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

Not sure why everyones getting their knickers in a twist with this, it’s not like this is an isolated case there are consultant firms leeching money from the system in all industries. I would hazard a guess that a good majority of the NHS budget is being creamed by consultant firms that have zero links to a Tory member, let’s get our heads out the drama sand guys.

On aside, where did this chap learn his maths as 8x165 doesn’t make 670.000.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

That's easy enough to solve though:  If you wear contacts, put them in.  If you don't wear contacts take control of the situation and buy some reusable masks with enough support to allow you to wear your glasses without them steaming up, that way you aren't at the mercy of unpredictable disposables.  Or just go without glasses for a few minutes.  It's really not rocket science, you've had months to work this problem out.

Eh? I turned up at Costco and put the bloody mask on, I'm short sighted and just drove 30mins to get there. I used the mask for the half an hour I was there and threw it away when I left. I just put up with it for a bit like anyone would and adjusted it a bit to cope, get a life mate.

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

Not sure why everyones getting their knickers in a twist with this, it’s not like this is an isolated case there are consultant firms leeching money from the system in all industries. I would hazard a guess that a good majority of the NHS budget is being creamed by consultant firms that have zero links to a Tory member, let’s get our heads out the drama sand guys.

On aside, where did this chap learn his maths as 8x165 doesn’t make 670.000.

Oh that's fine then. If everyone else does it, why not do it as well? We're only the government, meant to be setting an example of moral conduct and just essentially doing the right thing.

Fed up of this 'oh they do it in other industries so it's fine for us to do it'? Wasn't this 'what-aboutery' heavily criticised when COVID first came about whenever a non-Tory would bring something up?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, simFox said:

Your such a good little humanoid aren't you. 

He's bloody marvellous ,& a legend compared to Mask-shy ASBOS..

I know who's trench I would jump into with..!!   The shit is I might get fking shot before I find one..

Maskless wonders the dirge of our age..

Grandad what did you do in the

Covid-mask-wars..??

• Like 1