Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

4 hours ago, String fellow said:

Maybe this development will rekindle the debate about the apparent link between factory farming and Cov-19, and reaffirm the belief amongst some that the virus is nature's revenge against the human race for using these methods. Two of the rather more dubious reasons for this belief are that it mainly kills overweight people (who perhaps eat lots of meat) and that coronavirus anagrams to carnivorous. Btw, is 'mutatating' an example of the word 'mutating' mutating?

5G and anagrams are what’s causing all of this shit, get me off.

• Haha 1

Just now, Md9 said:

Secondary or primary? Dreading if/ when my kids schools get shut from 1 person from one of their classes getting it 

Secondary near me is, in the event of a case, sending home only the children directly next to the child in question. 

Weird, the discrepancies between policy. 

8 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Secondary near me is, in the event of a case, sending home only the children directly next to the child in question. 

Weird, the discrepancies between policy. 

They are only sending home the year which he child has it in my kids school. And if they have siblings in a different year they can still go in

Edited by Md9

9 minutes ago, Md9 said:

They are only sending home the year which he child has it in my kids school. And if they have siblings in a different year they can still go in

I mean directly next to in the classroom. So if one child of the 300ish year get it only. 2 or 3 go off. 

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

If you're short sighted you don't need your glasses to navigate a shop, I am too so can confirm that for you.  But, I guess like you, I prefer to keep my glasses on and I don't wear contacts so I've bought some washable masks that fit better and don't fog me up.  You've had months of mask wearing to spot this issue and plan around it, if it's still catching you off guard after all this time and causing you not to wear your mask properly don't get bitchy at me for giving you the advice you very clearly need.

I'm short sighted and definitely need my glasses to get around a shop. Make sure I'm always wearing my contacts if I'm likely to be going in one.

• Like 1

As a wearer of glasses, I find that stress causes them to steam up when wearing a cheapo mask. Strangely, I always get stressed when going to a bank or post office. The result is that the cashier could give me monopoly money and I wouldn't even notice. I'd be hopeless as a banker robber!

1 minute ago, String fellow said:

As a wearer of glasses, I find that stress causes them to steam up when wearing a cheapo mask. Strangely, I always get stressed when going to a bank or post office. The result is that the cashier could give me monopoly money and I wouldn't even notice. I'd be hopeless as a banker robber!

Me too when I check my balance :unsure:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

If there’s one thing I’ve discovered in the last year it’s that I really hate the libertarian attitudes that have been prominent amongst some during this crisis. Members of the awkward squad, “defending” the pettiest of rights and making out like they’re some kind of freedom fighters.

Magnified by a large dose of Dunning Kruger effect and gross illusory superiority. 

6 hours ago, Rain King said:

My oldest has been off school for the last week due to a case in his year. Now my youngest has got to stay off as a child in his year has it. Tomorrow's going to be fun trying to work whilst two children are taking lessons on Teams 😬.

I feel your pain. Son was sent home for a couple of weeks as positive cases in his year. Went back in for 2.5 days and was sent home for another couple of weeks as another kid got it who was supposed to be self isolating! Rather annoying. 

23 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Why wow? Imagine if everyone did that.

It could be even worse.  Imagine if people at work had a brew as well.  Imagine if people went to school and college, if they went to shops, and if they went to a single next door neighbour.  If we don't stop people going next door for a brew, how will we ever get the human interaction rate down by the crucial 5% that will (apparently) make all the difference?

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Wow to your post in reality

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

LiJ9C3o1.png

The consent form for school kids in Liverpool. Can't see many people signing up and using it, if your child tests positive the whole family has to self isolate, so financially they'll all be worse off.

Same thing happening with screening schemes for asymptomatic cases in universities. People who feel fine don't want to be told to stay home.

5 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

It could be even worse.  Imagine if people at work had a brew as well.  Imagine if people went to school and college, if they went to shops, and if they went to a single next door neighbour.  If we don't stop people going next door for a brew, how will we ever get the human interaction rate down by the crucial 5% that will (apparently) make all the difference?

I suggest we reintroduce a new window tax, can't have people waving and speaking to passers by, coupled with a revolutionary front door tax, to prevent people leaving their abodes. Have this cleared up in no time at all.

So Wales out of their 'fire-break' today, from looking at what will change their isnt really that much - looks like the country essentially goes to Tier 2 as pubs, restaurants and non essential shops reopen but mixing with other households is severely limited.

Guessing it will be something similar in England in early December when current lockdown measures end here.