Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Took the dog for a walk at lunch time and it felt like any other day lol

I suppose day time during the week is going to be a bit busier than March/April because more people will be working - also people are probably less scared. I imagine night times and weekends will look a lot more similar the March/April though.

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

The Guardian-loving lefties here will moan if the PM eases lock-down restrictions over the Christmas period, and they'll moan if he doesn't!

You're surely not suggesting they're the most unhappy, moany, constantly-offended people on the planet????? 

42 minutes ago, Buce said:

Have you ever considered getting a life?

Welcome back, Comrade Bruce lol

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Took the dog for a walk at lunch time and it felt like any other day lol

I suppose day time during the week is going to be a bit busier than March/April because more people will be working - also people are probably less scared. I imagine night times and weekends will look a lot more similar the March/April though.

To be fair, there is nothing stopping people going outside, especially at lunchtime when its the only chance for most people to actually see sunlight given its dark in the morning / at night.

Edited by Nalis

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

To be fair, there is nothing stopping people going outside, especially at lunchtime when its the only chance for most people to actually see sunlight given its dark in the morning / at night.

Oh totally, I don't blame people at all. Was more the sight of constant traffic that surprised me, was rare to see a car on the road back in lockdown 1.0 haha.

I was out at lunch for that exact reason so I have absolutely nothing against others getting out and getting some sweet sweet vitamin D.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You're surely not suggesting they're the most unhappy, moany, constantly-offended people on the planet????? 

Welcome back, Comrade Bruce lol

Careful, Geoff, that almost sounded sincere... lol

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I forgot that non-lefties just take everything in their stride and don't get too panicked about anything, ever!! What a life! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

The Guardian-loving lefties here will moan if the PM eases lock-down restrictions over the Christmas period, and they'll moan if he doesn't!

Moaning about the moaners moaning before they even get a chance to moan.....top quality irony-free moaning from the twine-like chap!

Have  a song as a reward....

33 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Yet I'm the most irritatingly cheerful, Panglossian, constantly offensive person on the planet....

Must be because I'm a Private Eye and New Statesman-loving lefty who only bothers with the Guardian on a Saturday. :dunno:

As humans we tend to always look for the positive out of a negative, easy example lose a game of football but we are encouraged by 'x' player or formation or this & that but the Government extend the Furlough scheme to ease the worry of potential redundancy & provide some sort of stability forecast & all sanity goes out the window.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

And now kids after school sport is also cancelled ......... 

On what grounds ??

the kids are inside a classroom together all day but they can’t play together outdoors .... thats just madness 

Not as mad as you can take a stroll around your golf course with a mate but you can't have a club in your hand :unsure:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I fear this is what'll happen to any gym owners that don't close their business in Leicester, I know one or two said they won't.

21 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

A bit of an overkill sending the entire force. 

One can only hope that the police use this kind of heavy manpower every time to deal with violent criminals, burglaries, assaults etc as they did to close down a gym in Essex today and arrest the owner. Rules are rules yes but still

My barbers was going to stay open, but they've now decided against it as they'd be bankrupt if they stayed open for so many hours and got a huge fine. They had a FB video go viral about the struggles of a small business but FB have now deleted it.

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

One can only hope that the police use this kind of heavy manpower every time to deal with violent criminals, burglaries, assaults etc as they did to close down a gym in Essex today and arrest the owner. Rules are rules yes but still

Yet when I was in a RTC with injuries earlier on in the year, where the other driver gave me vague details (Which I suspected were false) before quickly driving off (luckily I managed to get photos of the numberplate), the police told me to go online to get a crime numberlol

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I fear this is what'll happen to any gym owners that don't close their business in Leicester, I know one or two said they won't.

A gym in Bedford had the same punishment. Owner and everyone in the gym at the time was fined. 

• Sad 1

Just now, dsr-burnley said:

Why was the arresting policewoman wearing her mask underneath her nose?  Perhaps the gym owner can sue!

The gym owner was too busy repeating over and over again that they are a living person yadda yadda. Frankly I wanted to arrest her by the end of the clip.

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

As if!

35 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

They've been issued a fine. 

Everyone issued a fine should crowdfund together and challenge it.

I'm sure plenty of ambitious lawyers fancy taking on the system in a test case

Based on what?