Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

14 hours ago, StanSP said:

Lost count of how many instances there is of this conduct (if you can call it that) in the current government. Disgusting. 

Problem is the majority of people will never see this or similar information that has come out.

The BBC and other mainstream news outlets will never make a big deal about this. It might get briefly reported on like this times reporter is doing, but they’ll quickly move on to another topic.

There are people who actually think the Govt are doing a good job.

Edited by Shane

14 hours ago, StanSP said:

Lost count of how many instances there is of this conduct (if you can call it that) in the current government. Disgusting. 

Is it even legal? Something like this is leaked every week. I can't believe people aren't rioting at this stage.

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

Fair argument for this national lockdown being uneccessary then? Seems to be dropping from the local lockdowns before. :huh:

They will point to the low r number after the lockdown and say it was because of their action and take the plaudits. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Oh that's fine then. If everyone else does it, why not do it as well? We're only the government, meant to be setting an example of moral conduct and just essentially doing the right thing.

Fed up of this 'oh they do it in other industries so it's fine for us to do it'? Wasn't this 'what-aboutery' heavily criticised when COVID first came about whenever a non-Tory would bring something up?

It’s not fine no but your looking for a shock and awe reaction because this happens to be linked to the subject of Corona virus.

Im saying consultant fees are ridiculous for any given industry be it Government related MOD, NHS, Education etc or non Government related ie a PR consultant firm coming into a Telecoms company will be getting paid these types of wages it’s hardly warrants a hand over mouth reaction.

If there is wrong doing here ‘from alleged, leaked documents’ I’m sure it will be investigated.

6 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Fair argument for this national lockdown being uneccessary then? Seems to be dropping from the local lockdowns before. :huh:

Would these figures actually reflect the effects in the week leading up to lockdown as opposed to the week we've just had, in which case it lends itself to being more unnecessary than necessary...

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

They will point to the low r number after the lockdown and say it was because of their action and take the plaudits. 

This.

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

It’s not fine no but your looking for a shock and awe reaction because this happens to be linked to the subject of Corona virus.

Im saying consultant fees are ridiculous for any given industry be it Government related MOD, NHS, Education etc or non Government related ie a PR consultant firm coming into a Telecoms company will be getting paid these types of wages it’s hardly warrants a hand over mouth reaction.

If there is wrong doing here ‘from alleged, leaked documents’ I’m sure it will be investigated.

Not looking for that at all, but it's quite clearly a dodgy thing to do, regardless of how often it happens in other industries. I don't see why there's an issue in having it mentioned. The fact it's a repeated thing that's reared its ugly head consistently by this government throughout this virus (and no doubt several times before it came about) is seriously concerning though. Do you not find it worrying that people are hired because of who they know, not what they know, and huge amounts of money being spent wasted on them??

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Not sure why everyones getting their knickers in a twist with this, it’s not like this is an isolated case there are consultant firms leeching money from the system in all industries. I would hazard a guess that a good majority of the NHS budget is being creamed by consultant firms that have zero links to a Tory member, let’s get our heads out the drama sand guys.

On aside, where did this chap learn his maths as 8x165 doesn’t make 670.000.

But it's close when you allow for tax.

Edited by Buce

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not looking for that at all, but it's quite clearly a dodgy thing to do, regardless of how often it happens in other industries. I don't see why there's an issue in having it mentioned. The fact it's a repeated thing that's reared its ugly head consistently by this government throughout this virus (and no doubt several times before it came about) is seriously concerning though. Do you not find it worrying that people are hired because of who they know, not what they know, and huge amounts of money being spent wasted on them??

I do hear and agree with you Stan but We are also assuming this is why she got the appointment despite the lady having an impressive CV, a quick google sees her credentials and I’m guessing she earn’t the Lifetime Achievement Award of the Bio Industry Association UK despite being married to a Tory, unless Gabriel has another tweet of leaked documents of course

56 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Perhaps a dip off the back of the half term just gone? Kids off, parents off work to look  after them?

16 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Well that's fvcking retarded.  It's a legal requirement but you don't have to provide any proof of exemption if you aren't wearing one?  How on earth is that supposed to be in any way enforceable as a law, then?  Utterly idiotic.

You can’t, they are hoping people aren’t total nobbers about it. One look on social media as all the plandemic morons tells you, that hope is lost on that score.

Baffles me why the cops were called, one trip to the supermarket and I must see 30 people without masks. It’s a regular occurrence, so it makes me wonder why they were called. He’s also at the ready with his phone.

Educated guess he’s another one of those tits going about looking for confrontation.

1 hour ago, The Guvnor said:

The latest news about coronavirus mutating in the mink farm in Denmark is extremely worrying.Chris Whitty stating it is mutatating in a dangerous way.

Maybe this development will rekindle the debate about the apparent link between factory farming and Cov-19, and reaffirm the belief amongst some that the virus is nature's revenge against the human race for using these methods. Two of the rather more dubious reasons for this belief are that it mainly kills overweight people (who perhaps eat lots of meat) and that coronavirus anagrams to carnivorous. Btw, is 'mutatating' an example of the word 'mutating' mutating?

6 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Maybe this development will rekindle the debate about the apparent link between factory farming and Cov-19, and reaffirm the belief amongst some that the virus is nature's revenge against the human race for using these methods. Two of the rather more dubious reasons for this belief are that it mainly kills overweight people (who perhaps eat lots of meat) and that coronavirus anagrams to carnivorous. Btw, is 'mutatating' an example of the word 'mutating' mutating?

Mutating, purely a typo error. 

12 minutes ago, String fellow said:

We've had a few patients now on our icu who worked on chicken farms.

3 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

We've had a few patients now on our icu who worked on chicken farms.

I have listened to some experts who have given some reassurance that only around thirty or so genomes have changed in the virus which is a relatively small amount , I am no expert but Chris Whitty's concern would suggest something more sinister maybe evolving.

29 minutes ago, String fellow said:

What? lol

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Buce said:

Ok, let's have a bit of a straw poll: If restrictions are still in place, who will/will not abide by them?

We will be doing so.

I will follow most of them and will continue to be sensible as I have done for months now. I'll wear a mask, I'll socially distance where possible and I'll try to minimise my trips to the shops purely to try and lower the numbers out and about. I will continue to visit family and my Godchild (but probably only once each), regardless of whether they're in the same 'social bubble' or whatever it's now called. I'll also happily pop round a mates house to watch the football if the situation occurs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I will follow most of them and will continue to be sensible as I have done for months now. I'll wear a mask, I'll socially distance where possible and I'll try to minimise my trips to the shops purely to try and lower the numbers out and about. I will continue to visit family and my Godchild (but probably only once each), regardless of whether they're in the same 'social bubble' or whatever it's now called. I'll also happily pop round a mates house to watch the football if the situation occurs.

Sorry, I meant at Xmas.

Amended.

Just now, Buce said:

Sorry, I meant at Xmas.

Amended.

In that case I'll hopefully be able to go down the pub Xmas eve and follow all the rules.

Xmas day we don't have anyone coming round so I guess we'll be following them then too! If I had an elderly grandparent or relative though who had nowhere to go, I'd happily have them round here, no way would I let them spend the day alone, but I wouldn't go to the pub on Xmas eve if they were coming round.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

I have listened to some experts who have given some reassurance that only around thirty or so genomes have changed in the virus which is a relatively small amount , I am no expert but Chris Whitty's concern would suggest something more sinister maybe evolving.

We're all going to be wiped out my giant zombie mink.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

In that case I'll hopefully be able to go down the pub Xmas eve and follow all the rules.

Xmas day we don't have anyone coming round so I guess we'll be following them then too! If I had an elderly grandparent or relative though who had nowhere to go, I'd happily have them round here, no way would I let them spend the day alone, but I wouldn't go to the pub on Xmas eve if they were coming round.

We are in that position with the MIL, but Mrs Buce works with Covid patients daily and the MIL has numerous medical vulnerabilities, so it's in her best interests.

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

We are in that position with the MIL, but Mrs Buce works with Covid patients daily and the MIL has numerous medical vulnerabilities, so it's in her best interests.

Yeah that's a catch 22 really, you don't want her to be alone but then with your missus having that job it is likely she could pass something on. In your case I'd probably organise someone else in the family to spend the day with her if possible, but take her an xmas dinner and stuff round and video call etc.