Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

100%, and I get that, but it's not law is it? They were saying it's an arrestable offence and that page also states it's not necessary by law. They also tell him he's breaking the law...

'Exemption cards or badges

Some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.

This is a personal choice, and is not necessary in law.

If you would like to use an exemption card you can use the PDF attachments on this page.

Those who have an age, health or disability reason to not wear a face covering should not be routinely asked to provide any written evidence of this. Written evidence includes exemption cards.;

In essence either make it law or don't allow police officers to lie and threaten arrest for something that isn't against the law.

I take your point and you're right. The rules are too wooly and open to abuse and put the Police in a difficult position (and I suspect this **** knew exactly that and thought he'd try and make the Police look stupid, just for kicks)

Again, it back to common sense and personal responsibility. If you walk around without a mask then expect to be challenged. If you can't prove you're exempt then expect to be told to fvck off home. It shouldn't have to be law, people should just not be twats.

2 minutes ago, String fellow said:

With reference to mink farming in Denmark and its apparent link to a mutation of COVID-19, we in the UK should be proud of fact that we banned this barbaric industry about 20 years ago. Personally, I hope that the killing of all their farmed mink will also kill off their mink industry.

After the idiot animal right activists broke into our farm's and released loads of them into the wild decimating our native fish and small mammals.

• Like 1

Driving through Milton Keynes today and saw a football match being played and another team training (as a large group) not too far from them. 

Not that I agree with grass roots sports being stopped but I'm pretty sure it is 'forbidden' under new lockdown rules? 

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

I take your point and you're right. The rules are too wooly and open to abuse and put the Police in a difficult position (and I suspect this **** knew exactly that and thought he'd try and make the Police look stupid, just for kicks)

Again, it back to common sense and personal responsibility. If you walk around without a mask then expect to be challenged. If you can't prove you're exempt then expect to be told to fvck off home. It shouldn't have to be law, people should just not be twats.

But at the end of the day the police, those there to uphold the law and guide the public had no idea of the law or rules. They might be woolly, but sorry they need to know it to the letter, so when they encounter a confused member of the public or one just intent on being awkward, they have the full knowledge of the law to back them up. On more than one occasion they informed that guy he needed evidence, which he doesn't. More than once they told him he could be arrested, but he can't. 

There's lots about lockdown two I'm not a fan of, we could be stricter in some areas and more relaxed in others. We could keep certain places open, we could be stricter with masks, but we're not, so the rules are as they are, and he, according to the rules, has every right to enter a shop with no mask and claim to be exempt and he's not required to provide evidence and he can't be arrested.

• Like 1

That guy in the supermarket reminds me of that steriod obsessed cock on Facebook who made a name for himself by filming altercations with the police that he clearly sought out in the first place.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

But at the end of the day the police, those there to uphold the law and guide the public had no idea of the law or rules. They might be woolly, but sorry they need to know it to the letter, so when they encounter a confused member of the public or one just intent on being awkward, they have the full knowledge of the law to back them up. On more than one occasion they informed that guy he needed evidence, which he doesn't. More than once they told him he could be arrested, but he can't. 

There's lots about lockdown two I'm not a fan of, we could be stricter in some areas and more relaxed in others. We could keep certain places open, we could be stricter with masks, but we're not, so the rules are as they are, and he, according to the rules, has every right to enter a shop with no mask and claim to be exempt and he's not required to provide evidence and he can't be arrested.

I imagine the Police were following these guidelines which seem pretty clear to me. The fact that carrying an exemption card is 'optional' doesn't help them enforce them. That's the problem.

When to wear a face covering

There are some places where you must wear a face covering by law. In England, you must wear a face covering in the following indoor settings

• shops and supermarkets

You are expected to wear a face covering before entering any of these settings and must keep it on until you leave unless there is a reasonable excuse for removing it.

Enforcement measures for failing to comply with this law

Premises where face coverings are required should take reasonable steps to promote compliance with the law.

The police can take measures if members of the public do not comply with this law

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

I imagine the Police were following these guidelines which seem pretty clear to me. The fact that carrying an exemption card is 'optional' doesn't help them enforce them. That's the problem.

There are some places where you must wear a face covering by law. In England, you must wear a face covering in the following indoor settings

• shops and supermarkets

You are expected to wear a face covering before entering any of these settings and must keep it on until you leave unless there is a reasonable excuse for removing it.

Premises where face coverings are required should take reasonable steps to promote compliance with the law.

The police can take measures if members of the public do not comply with this law

Guidance is not Law.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, simFox said:

Guidance is not Law.

I guess what I posted from Gov.UK above shouldn’t refer to it as law then.
We might as well all say fvck it and walk around without masks if the Police can’t do anything about it.

Or we could try and be sensible citizens and not try to exploit a loophole just for Twitter likes.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Yep, totally agree.

Personally, I would have had them arrest me then sue for wrongful arrest. Being a knob isn't illegal.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Izzy said:

• shops and supermarkets

Exactly, you must, unless you're exempt, which you don't have to prove. The police can uphold this law, but as no proof is needed by law, its pretty much impossible for them to uphold it. Its pretty much a catch-22 situation, but that's what our shower of shite government have given us. This guy might have been a dick looking for social media attention, but how many people aren't. How many will be treated like this when doing nothing wrong?

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I doubt he had a medical condition, but I didn't think they were allowed to ask you for proof, nor was it a legal requirement to carry proof?

Bloke's been watching too many sovereign citizen or whatever they call themselves videos on youtube and forgotten that 1. they always end in tears because they're incorrect about the law 2. he's not in the USA so even if they were correct there's no reason to believe the same 'laws' apply to him.

Fwiw my understanding is that failure to wear a mask in a public building is a legal offence unless you have a medical exemption, in which case of course it's your duty to be able to provide proof when challenged by a police officer (as is entirely their right, it's shop staff who shouldn't challenge no-maskers because they have no law-enforcement training or qualifications).

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The thing thats most annoying about those videos is how they are circulated to make it out as if the police are being massively oppressive and unjust when in reality they're looking for confrontation for a pathetic attempt at getting likes on social media.

I mean, the right against wearing a fvckin mask in middle class supermarket for 20 minutes is hardly in the same league as the need to protest against the police in Hong Kong or Thailand for their respective issues is it?

It's pathetic.  If I can cycle to work, do a 10 hour shift, then cycle home again all while wearing a mask then a perfectly healthy man should be able to manage the weekly shop.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

He said he left his proof of medical condition at home so that's his fault.

I think the Police were spot on. If the bloke wants to walk around without a mask, the emphasis is on him to obtain the necessary document to show he's exempt.

Or order your shopping on-line or click and collect.

I reckon he just wanted an argument and to film it cos he's a twat.

Same. Equally he’s filming at the point before the discussion even starts. 

Total nobhead in my opinion 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Bloke's been watching too many sovereign citizen or whatever they call themselves videos on youtube and forgotten that 1. they always end in tears because they're incorrect about the law 2. he's not in the USA so even if they were correct there's no reason to believe the same 'laws' apply to him.

Fwiw my understanding is that failure to wear a mask in a public building is a legal offence unless you have a medical exemption, in which case of course it's your duty to be able to provide proof when challenged by a police officer (as is entirely their right, it's shop staff who shouldn't challenge no-maskers because they have no law-enforcement training or qualifications).

It's pathetic.  If I can cycle to work, do a 10 hour shift, then cycle home again all while wearing a mask then a perfectly healthy man should be able to manage the weekly shop.

Your understanding is wrong:

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

100%, and I get that, but it's not law is it? They were saying it's an arrestable offence and that page also states it's not necessary by law. They also tell him he's breaking the law...

'Exemption cards or badges

Some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.

This is a personal choice, and is not necessary in law.

If you would like to use an exemption card you can use the PDF attachments on this page.

Those who have an age, health or disability reason to not wear a face covering should not be routinely asked to provide any written evidence of this. Written evidence includes exemption cards.;

In essence either make it law or don't allow police officers to lie and threaten arrest for something that isn't against the law.

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The day we put the minutiae of personal liberty above what is best for society at large, is the day we have lost our way 

One could argue Universal Suffrage does just that.

10 minutes ago, Buce said:

Your understanding is wrong:

Well that's fvcking retarded.  It's a legal requirement but you don't have to provide any proof of exemption if you aren't wearing one?  How on earth is that supposed to be in any way enforceable as a law, then?  Utterly idiotic.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Well that's fvcking retarded.  It's a legal requirement but you don't have to provide any proof of exemption if you aren't wearing one?  How on earth is that supposed to be in any way enforceable as a law, then?  Utterly idiotic.

This is from our government, and you're suprised?

• Like 1