Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It could be for nothing but I feel genuine positivity for the first time in months.

I just want to book a holiday with the knowledge that I can probably get away with going on it without it being cancelled. Realistically I don't think i'll be able to book until a minimum maybe March/April for a September 2021 holiday. 

I'm fine with UK holidays but i've loads of them and enjoy going abroad. 

Just now, Christoph said:

I just want to book a holiday with the knowledge that I can probably get away with going on it without it being cancelled. Realistically I don't think i'll be able to book until a minimum maybe March/April for a September 2021 holiday. 

I'm fine with UK holidays but i've loads of them and enjoy going abroad. 

I just want to go bloody football lol 

And the same as you as well, really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Best book some holidays for next year now before the prices go up :ph34r:

In all seriousness, it sounds positive, gives a bit of light at the end of the tunnel at least. 

Maybe we reached the peak in world weirdness the day Trump lost the election lol 

They have already gone up compared to last month. I have a BA companion voucher and it would have cost me £1000 for 2 business class returns to either Peru or Canada in May but now I would need to fork out double.

Im going to cry like a cnut when I can get back to football and gigs etc.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dsr-burnley said:

As best I can find out, there have been about forty to fifty thousand people under 70 admitted to hospital with Covid.  Total admissions is 181,146 with about a quarter of them under 70.

2% of 60-69 year olds is about 150,000 people and 1% of 50-59 is another 75.000 or so.  It's a stretch to say that that many extra people will be hospitalised that quickly.

That’s sounds about right, with so far only about 10% of the population exposed.    

The pool of people under 70 who will potentially be hospitalised if they catch it  is therefore 10x that number.

Hence the plan will be probably be to vaccinate everyone over 50 before full normality is restored. However at each step on the way it gets better and better and we can ease more and more.  

Sir John Bell, Immunologist at Oxford University just said on BBC that it’s likely the Oxford vaccine should be ready by the new year at the same efficacy (90%) as the Pfizer vaccine. He also said it’s ‘highly likely’ life will be back to normal by next spring. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'll tell you who's happy. Anybody that's bought Cineworld shares recently. Up 50% today, apparently

My Rolls Royce punt was up 74% about 15 minutes ago lol

Can't even log in to my share dealing account as everyone is on there either counting their money or selling everything they have lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Sir John Bell, Immunologist at Oxford University just said on BBC that it’s likely the Oxford vaccine should be ready by the new year at the same efficacy (90%) as the Pfizer vaccine. He also said it’s ‘highly likely’ life will be back to normal by next spring. 

We might have to stop using the phrase "what a bell" in his honour. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Why does next spring feel so ****ing long away lol 

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Although Zoom is still worth over SIX times more than it was last year apparently!

So if  I have understood the stock market correctly

Having crashed to the ground earlier this year, airlines have now taken off 

zoom apparently zoomed up and then zoomed down.

Rolls Royce is building high speed water craft for Oxford students?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Babylon said:

My Rolls Royce punt was up 74% about 15 minutes ago lol

Can't even log in to my share dealing account as everyone is on there either counting their money or selling everything they have lol

Pleased as I am for you, I'm even happier about the implications for my friend up the road who works for them 

Intrigued to see how much my pension goes up by tomorrow....

• Like 2