Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

11 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Read some medical bits and bobs on COVID-19 causing erectile dysfunction.  Cannot help thinking that it might've helped to have given more coverage to this earlier

Pfizer has it covered! 

• Haha 1

Anyone else a first aider on here had the email from St John’s about training up for a role in giving this vaccine? Either training up to administer the actual vaccine or helping in a support role. 

I wouldn’t mind volunteering (minimum commitment of two 8 hour shifts), and I don’t want this to sound a little selfish, but there was no mention of actually getting the vaccine prior to meeting god knows how many members of the general public. 

Months of stay home, stay safe, stay socially distant. Come along it’s going to be fine,  we’ll give you some PPE. The first thing they teach you to look for in any situation is to look for danger. 

I’m going to pass. 

So Liverpool as a city basically had one of the worst, if not the worst, coronavirus rate in the country not so long ago. Yet they're already in tier 2 and spectators are allowed to attend sporting events in the city.

It's so frustrating that we're in tier 3 and how that affects our lives and businesses in Leicester and the county. I know mass testing helped considerably in Liverpool because it caught many of the asymptomatic people with Covid. But we've been in full lockdown or close to it since March. Surely if somewhere needs mass testing next it's here.

It just annoys the hell out of me that we're somewhat forgotten and out of the headlines (after initially being the first to go into local lockdown) and we're suffering in all aspects. We badly need to get our infection rates down but what do I hear about how the government, council or whoever are going to go about it? Next to god damn nothing.

And from a sporting point of view, how good would it be to see fans back in the King Power? And how much could the Tigers do with supporters back at Welford Road right now? It's so disappointing.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

So Liverpool as a city basically had one of the worst, if not the worst, coronavirus rate in the country not so long ago. Yet they're already in tier 2 and spectators are allowed to attend sporting events in the city.

It's so frustrating that we're in tier 3 and how that affects our lives and businesses in Leicester and the county. I know mass testing helped considerably in Liverpool because it caught many of the asymptomatic people with Covid. But we've been in full lockdown or close to it since March. Surely if somewhere needs mass testing next it's here.

It just annoys the hell out of me that we're somewhat forgotten and out of the headlines (after initially being the first to go into local lockdown) and we're suffering in all aspects. We badly need to get our infection rates down but what do I hear about how the government, council or whoever are going to go about it? Next to god damn nothing.

And from a sporting point of view, how good would it be to see fans back in the King Power? And how much could the Tigers do with supporters back at Welford Road right now? It's so disappointing.

Spot on. For us to be ignored for mass testing given that we’ve been the longest city/county in lockdown is disgusting. The Govt argument may be that Soulsby approach has been counter productive. However, I couldn’t give a shit. Leicester has been let down by an inept health secretary and a stubborn out of date mayor. If they can’t work together, get some people in place who can. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Schlong Covid.

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I saw so excited to post "schlong covid" so did, then realised Costock already had :(

Frankly, I'd have been more amazed if he'd not...

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Haha you have to be quick round here.

I reckon you sit all day logged in to General Chat, with a well-thumbed copy of 'Ooh, Matron - A Beginner's Guide To Bad Inuendo' by Kenneth Williams by your side, just waiting your chance. lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Spot on. For us to be ignored for mass testing given that we’ve been the longest city/county in lockdown is disgusting. The Govt argument may be that Soulsby approach has been counter productive. However, I couldn’t give a shit. Leicester has been let down by an inept health secretary and a stubborn out of date mayor. If they can’t work together, get some people in place who can. 

Liverpool and Manchester have a bigger voice than Leicester and they used it. Not just the mayor of each city but the people there.

As a city Leicester has always been a bit laid back and just accepting of things, we needed to be a bit more vocal. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

Frankly, I'd have been more amazed if he'd not...

I reckon you sit all day logged in to General Chat, with a well-thumbed copy of 'Ooh, Matron - A Beginner's Guide To Bad Inuendo' by Kenneth Williams by your side, just waiting your chance. lol

You say bad inuendo, think I’ve submitted an entry into post of the year here personally.

In fact, I’d go as far to say this is my Jeremy Usborne “3 0 Walcott” moment and I’m probably going to earn millions from

selling the headline.

Edited by Costock_Fox

20 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I have to ask myself, what did people think was going to happen at a Christmas market, such as in Nottingham?

I know. What a ridiculous, stupid and foolhardy decision. WTF were the council thinking? Money driven maybe?

Just now, Parafox said:

I know. What a ridiculous, stupid and foolhardy decision. WTF were the council thinking? Money driven maybe?

What's most annoying is people complaining how bad it was and they should know, because they were there! :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

What's most annoying is people complaining how bad it was and they should know, because they were there! :rolleyes:

Agreed. IMO if they are stupid enough to go to a Christmas market, they deserve all they get. Sadly the rest of us will suffer because of the amoeba's of society.

9 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

It wasn't at the Christmas Market but saw a woman on the new last week who was out shopping and complained how busy it was, seemingly oblivious to the fact she was part of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It wasn't at the Christmas Market but saw a woman on the new last week who was out shopping and complained how busy it was, seemingly oblivious to the fact she was part of it.

Ha, thats been the classic theme of the pandemic hasnt it? My favourite was the guy in April who complained to the media about how packed a flight was... while being on the flight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Harrydc

I went around the Victoria centre the other day and all of the seating around was blocked off - with food places still open. This resulted in people congregating on floors and standing and eating in crowded places. They need to stop treating us like children and trust us to be sensible when sitting on benches. It's pathetic. 

25 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Ha, thats been the classic theme of the pandemic hasnt it? My favourite was the guy in April who complained to the media about how packed a flight was... while being on the flight.

There was the woman on Brighton beach who drove an hour and a half to get there and complained it was too busy too lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Agreed. IMO if they are stupid enough to go to a Christmas market, they deserve all they get. Sadly the rest of us will suffer because of the amoeba's of society.

Seems harsh to blame a whole outbreak on Shola and Sammy.

• Haha 4