Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

15 hours ago, stix said:

Did you/do you have coronavirus symptoms that has meant you needed to self isolate? Unless you’re shielding yourself or aren’t well enough to leave the house then you don’t have to stay at home. 

I know that wasn’t the point of your post, but you shouldn’t be isolating if you don’t need to. 

My GP passed me onto one of the government agencies which are dealing with these things. I was asked in a telephone conversation what symptoms I had, out of the three which are most symptomatic of the virus. I had no continuous cough or loss of taste and smell, but I did have a high temperature, which is symptomatic of a whole lot of things including a kidney infection which is what my GP diagnosed.I was specifically told by the bod on the phone to self-isolate until I had the test result back. Aghhhhh!

52 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

My GP passed me onto one of the government agencies which are dealing with these things. I was asked in a telephone conversation what symptoms I had, out of the three which are most symptomatic of the virus. I had no continuous cough or loss of taste and smell, but I did have a high temperature, which is symptomatic of a whole lot of things including a kidney infection which is what my GP diagnosed.I was specifically told by the bod on the phone to self-isolate until I had the test result back. Aghhhhh!

Well the high temperature is pretty much the only symptom that would cause them to tell you to continue to self isolate past the initial 14 day period, so they were correct to say that. The cough and loss of taste/smell can continue for months after the virus has passed. 

You are allowed to leave the house to get another test I think, if there is a test centre nearby to you. Because technically you don’t have the virus, just symptoms. If I were you I would get booked in at a test centre. I don’t think you’re ever going to receive your original results if you haven’t had them by now. 

57 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

Do you still have a high temp? 2 weeks later? 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Vaccinations for London school kids. Despite the fact that school kids don't get or transmit the virus with any severity (their implication) and London is in tier 2. 

Do I smell M25 bias? 

Was just texting my sister about this, as she's a teacher in tier 3 Kirklees. Her school are having teachers tested and potentially a trial on testing kids. She thought London was doing the same until she read the story. 

Its a joke. If its on tier 2 it's not one of the worst affected areas, so why is the first to get any kind of testing? Clearly London bias.

We've gone from kids are in no way responsible for transmitting a virus to lets test everyone in a school 15 weeks later.

This govt are clueless.  So misinformed and they continue with a flawed narrative that they will not divert away from.

There's no end to this.  Someone explain where there is one because I don't see how this govt can sort this mess out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

We've gone from kids are in no way responsible for transmitting a virus to lets test everyone in a school 15 weeks later.

This govt are clueless.  So misinformed and they continue with a flawed narrative that they will not divert away from.

There's no end to this.  Someone explain where there is one because I don't see how this govt can sort this mess out.

Cheer up.

Johnson's too busy making a disaster out of Brexit, atm, but I'm sure he'll be back fvcking this up before long.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

Cheer up.

Johnson's too busy making a disaster out of Brexit, atm, but I'm sure he'll be back fvcking this up before long.

Tbh, I'm getting really fed up with all of this.  I follow the rules, even if I might not agree with some of the rules, I go along with them because it's the right thing to do by everyone else but then the govt come along say one thing and then say something else that goes totally against what they said before.  

I'm reading Hancock did a press conference, tbf if I put it on and listen to him drone on and on, I'm likely to get even more hacked off especially when we get the next slide please treatment and hand picked data which is skewed in favour of the latest fad in changes.

7 hours ago, stix said:

Do you still have a high temp? 2 weeks later? 

I would be very worried if I had a high temperature for two weeks continuously!

It cleared up after a few days as you would expect with the kidney infection diagnosed by my GP.

I do however get somewhat aeriated when I get annoyed, like seeing that twat Boris Johnson threatening to drag this country over a precipice with a no-deal Brexit. Oven-ready deal my arse!

Today I spent time on the phone bringing forward a home improvement project because everything needs to be in place by the end of the year, otherwise the price will go up considerably because of tariffs imposed by a no-deal.

Folk moaning about the government's efforts to deal with Covid-19 seem to have overlooked the fact the we were the first country in the world to approve and administer the Pfizer vaccine, despite it being developed in America and manufactured in Belgium. As regards the pros and cons of Brexit, this isn't the thread for that debate, but fwiw, I for one don't want Merkel and co. telling us what we can and can't do in future. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Was just texting my sister about this, as she's a teacher in tier 3 Kirklees. Her school are having teachers tested and potentially a trial on testing kids. She thought London was doing the same until she read the story. 

Its a joke. If its on tier 2 it's not one of the worst affected areas, so why is the first to get any kind of testing? Clearly London bias.

Is because we don't matter too much in the counties. They want London safe. That'll at least assuage the doubts and worries if foreign parties. 

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Aren't the cases rising enough to make Tier 3 likely?

That'll be why.

21 minutes ago, Corky said:

Aren't the cases rising enough to make Tier 3 likely?

That'll be why.

Well thats another thing, because I said at the time the tiers were announced that London, and its unique make up and travel system meant it was ridiculous to put it in tier 2.

But places have been in tier 3 for weeks, some place in tier 3 like lockdown before this latest tier system was even brought in. Look at Leicester, Bolton, Kirklees, Hull etc, where's the mass school testing in those areas?

11 hours ago, String fellow said:

Folk moaning about the government's efforts to deal with Covid-19 seem to have overlooked the fact the we were the first country in the world to approve and administer the Pfizer vaccine, despite it being developed in America and manufactured in Belgium. As regards the pros and cons of Brexit, this isn't the thread for that debate, but fwiw, I for one don't want Merkel and co. telling us what we can and can't do in future. 

There’s a bit of a fallacy there in that statement. 

Cos getting that vaccine from Belgium is gonna get a whole lot tricky soon

11 hours ago, String fellow said:

lol

Good ol' internet, never fails to deliver.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, String fellow said:

Is this satire?

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There’s a bit of a fallacy there in that statement. 

Cos getting that vaccine from Belgium is gonna get a whole lot tricky soon

Are you honestly expecting the EU to play politics with the vaccine?