Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Conspiracy theories are a way that thickos can claim that they're intellectually superior, without needing any qualifications or IQ points.

Braunstone Facebook is absolutely rife with it.

One of many mates is the type who puts tin foil hats on. It’s a bit embarrassing sometimes some of the shit he comes out with. He’s banging on about how the government plan to track us all ready for an alien invasion which he’s seen evidence for on the internet. Lads an absolutely fruit cake. 

• Haha 4

I love a good conspiracy, always have but nowadays it seems like you can't just think the royals did for Diana or the moon landings were faked. It seems like you have to believe every crackpot conspiricy going at the same time, which is the weird thing for me. It seems you can't independently think the world is flat but vaccines are alright, it's all or nothing. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

One of many mates is the type who puts tin foil hats on. It’s a bit embarrassing sometimes some of the shit he comes out with. He’s banging on about how the government plan to track us all ready for an alien invasion which he’s seen evidence for on the internet. Lads an absolutely fruit cake. 

But surely, everyone who didn't have a tracking chip inserted into them would be automatically killed by the aliens.

4 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I love a good conspiracy, always have but nowadays it seems like you can't just think the royals did for Diana or the moon landings were faked. It seems like you have to believe every crackpot conspiricy going at the same time, which is the weird thing for me. It seems you can't independently think the world is flat but vaccines are alright, it's all or nothing. 

There are varying degrees of conspiracy theory. Obviously the royals doing in Diana isn't a conspiracy theory, it's just simple factual information :ph34r:.

But anyone who genuinely thinks the world is flat isn't going to have the critical capacity to accept that vaccines aren't a tool for mass manipulation.

Guest Harrydc

I love how anyone who believes any 'conspiracy' is instantly put with the people who believe Bill Gates is tracking people, or the Queen is a Lizard. I also love how you instantly assume we just sit around claiming benefits for believing anything which is against the agenda. Absolutely sick of constantly being mocked and spat on for having a varied opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

I love how anyone who believes any 'conspiracy' is instantly put with the people who believe Bill Gates is tracking people, or the Queen is a Lizard. I also love how you instantly assume we just sit around claiming benefits for believing anything which is against the agenda. Absolutely sick of constantly being mocked and spat on for having a varied opinion. 

Firstly who was directing any of this this at you? 

Simply because a government or administration has been dishonest, lied or acted without the consent of the public in the past, that does not afford legitimacy to any random emotionally invested conspiracy theory or reinforcement of your choosing or devising - A syllogistic logical fallacy.

Secondly, if you feel the need to condescendingly brand your largely impressionable ill-informed posts on this thread as "thinking out of the box" then don't react with indignation when someone challenges you. 

Thirdly - precisely what "agenda" are you referring to? Perhaps you could provide an example of these "conspiracies" that run counter to your perceived agenda. State your position. 

Finally, as has been explained to you on countless occasions, known science is not about opinion. Furthermore, as the one making the claim, the burden of proof is incumbent upon you. The onus does not lie with another to search for or establish a negative. If you choose to support your tenuous arguments with mere "opinion" or ludicrous and frankly irresponsible statements such as "science has proved that facemasks don't work" then expect to be asked to substantiate those claims.  

• Like 3

No doubt the Oxford vaccine will be rolled out very soon - makes particular sense in more isolated areas (because of typical vaccine refrigeration requirements) whist there is till the Pfizer vaccine available. The difficulty for regulators is whether to authorise the two full doses or a half dose (far more effective) followed by a full dose (where far fewer of volunteers received this). Perhaps those receiving it could have a choice, knowing both are safe; I'd choose the half dose to begin with even if there are fewer numbers to show its effectiveness.

The great news is that there are sufficient vaccines ordered that have approval for everyone to get vaccinated - I think children are excluded from programme

Surely the Oxford vaccine is infinitely preferable if it is proven to be as effective. The cost and requirements are so much more achievable globally compared to the Pfizer one. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

That Matt Hankcock interview on ITV to me it looks like he is laughing his bollox off rather than shedding tears of joy

Exactly. He’s laughing at the guys name and is not having some breakdown regarding the vaccination program starting. 
Talk about making something out of nothing!

On a side note and making something out of nothing what’s going on with his haircut? Grimly hanging onto the little he has left which makes him look far older than he actually is. 
Totally irrelevant I know but these politicians need a makeover, where’s Gok wan, Trinny and Susannah when you need them, Boris with a cool trendy haircut we need to see it.

Theres a TV program in there somewhere, AHA!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Exactly. He’s laughing at the guys name and is not having some breakdown regarding the vaccination program starting. 
Talk about making something out of nothing!

On a side note and making something out of nothing what’s going on with his haircut? Grimly hanging onto the little he has left which makes him look far older than he actually is. 
Totally irrelevant I know but these politicians need a makeover, where’s Gok wan, Trinny and Susannah when you need them, Boris with a cool trendy haircut we need to see it.

Theres a TV program in there somewhere, AHA!

I think they're still in 2002

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Surely the Oxford vaccine is infinitely preferable if it is proven to be as effective. The cost and requirements are so much more achievable globally compared to the Pfizer one. 

Take yer pick on what you want from either vaccine, the pfizer one gives you autism and the Oxford  one will turn you into a shapeshifting lizard. 

Whats my scientific evidence for this? 

Bloke on facebook said so.