Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I disagree. Where things can operate safely they should do. Work, football and exercise. Plus football is probably contributing to the economy in some way anyway with all of the TV deals and what not. 

Fact is we simply can’t just shut down, the economy is ****ed as it is, a complete lockdown again would probably damage it for a very long time. And football certainly offers a release, I think I can speak on behalf of most on here that the footie has been a god send, and days like today make it just that little bit easier to face the shit that’s going on around us thanks to those boys in blue. 

Plus psychologically it acts as an indication that normality will one day resume.

Is the economy actually that bad? 

2 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Wouldn’t suprise me if he put everyone other than London in tier 3 so they open other little bits up and then say you can keep schools open now 

But nowhere wants schools open at the moment and rates aren't coming down enough to justify going in to Tier 3 for everywhere else :dunno:?

6 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Wouldn’t suprise me if he put everyone other than London in tier 3 so they open other little bits up and then say you can keep schools open now 

Why would they relax restrictions when the new strain is still running rampant down here and will soon be doing the same across the whole country ......

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

I don’t think it’s in good shape. But it is probably okay I’d say, another full scale lockdown could be disastrous. My work place have a already said if they are out in a position where they have to furlough it will pretty much end the organisation, projects would have to be stopped again etc. Some areas will thrive others would suffer badly.

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I find it odd that our mutant variant is leading to such a dramatic increase in "cases" everywhere in the UK and all at the same time.

Now surely, surely something untoward is at play here?  There's no way that's a natural increase.  

Source of the data here has been taken straight from govt figures also.  No misrepresentations here.

Eq0lcuPXUAYYQsC.jpeg.jpg

Eq0fADXXUAIA2ZG.jpeg.jpg

Help me out ...

what are you trying to say ?

you think it’s all made up ?   

im told by a medic down here that there are almost no ICU beds available in London now ......

16 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t think it’s in good shape. But it is probably okay I’d say, another full scale lockdown could be disastrous. My work place have a already said if they are out in a position where they have to furlough it will pretty much end the organisation, projects would have to be stopped again etc. Some areas will thrive others would suffer badly.

I ask because my Mrs works in the private sector and they seem to be doing very well. 

I don't know too many folk who are living off the state wholesale. 

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I find it odd that our mutant variant is leading to such a dramatic increase in "cases" everywhere in the UK and all at the same time.

Now surely, surely something untoward is at play here?  There's no way that's a natural increase.  

Source of the data here has been taken straight from govt figures also.  No misrepresentations here.

Eq0lcuPXUAYYQsC.jpeg.jpg

Eq0fADXXUAIA2ZG.jpeg.jpg

I think it's got more to do with loads of people meeting up inside over Christmas.

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Help me out ...

what are you trying to say ?

you think it’s all made up ?   

im told by a medic down here that there are almost no ICU beds available in London now ......

Do you think it's plausible for the huge surge in positives to happen in such a manner UK wide and all at the same time?

Something here isn't right.  

Many people are questioning the cycle thresholds of the PCR.

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Do you think it's plausible for the huge surge in positives to happen in such a manner UK wide and all at the same time?

Something here isn't right.  

Many people are questioning the cycle thresholds of the PCR.

You’ll find out within the week - if the numbers entering hospital don’t increase then the increase in positive tests was questionable...... a pretty consistent percentage of positive cases requires hospitalisation within 7/10 days of being infected. 

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Furlough is propping a lot of people up, without that we would see wholesale redundancies, people’s houses getting repossessed etc. 

The furlough cash needs to be paid back somehow, the tax rises will see cuts in spending which is probably cause issues.

it’s bad.

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

How the **** did we get into this situation knowing how bad it was going to get in the winter. How are we seemingly totally unprepared for this. 

The prime minister was hopeful of normal by Christmas remember. 

I mean this was going to happen regardless of governance, however the timings and manner of lockdowns and have been handled much better in other european countries.

13 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Furlough is propping a lot of people up, without that we would see wholesale redundancies, people’s houses getting repossessed etc. 

The furlough cash needs to be paid back somehow, the tax rises will see cuts in spending which is probably cause issues.

it’s bad.

Perhaps this might be the stimulus the government need to start making companies pay tax accurately. 

Just now, Lionator said:

The prime minister was hopeful of normal by Christmas remember. 

I mean this was going to happen regardless of governance, however the timings and manner of lockdowns and have been handled much better in other european countries.

The NHS comes under huge pressure every winter. Surely after what we experienced in the spring we could've prepared better. As far as I know, we still don't have checks on incoming passengers. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bovril said:

How the **** did we get into this situation knowing how bad it was going to get in the winter. How are we seemingly totally unprepared for this. 

One curveball was the more infectious variant but you are right in that we should have been better prepared regardless.

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

One curveball was the more infectious variant but you are right in that we should have been better prepared regardless.

It really isn't good enough. Those responsible will get away with it and Joe public will pay the ****ing price again. 

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

It really isn't good enough. Those responsible will get away with it and Joe public will pay the ****ing price again. 

All is well, tier 5 is on the way, which just sounds like a solution doesn’t it........

It’s a ****ing good job this isn’t a brewery awaiting a piss up. It’s beyond ****ing farcical now.... if it wasn’t so serious I’d laugh. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I can't fathom why we're not all in a lockdown right now. Before Christmas I could understand trying to squeeze what they could out of the economy but people basically hibernate in January anyway. 

Compliance will also increase if it's called a 'lockdown'. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I can't fathom why we're not all in a lockdown right now. Before Christmas I could understand trying to squeeze what they could out of the economy but people basically hibernate in January anyway. 

Compliance will also increase if it's called a 'lockdown'. 

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Furlough scheme? Has it changed at all? I may be wrong but as far as I’m aware it’s no longer the 80% of wages paid by the government is it? 

My point being my company have already stated that they will not be topping up the wages during a furlough (they didn’t previously) so I am wondering if the fact they know as a full lockdown may be similar to before, which means a lot of people will be told to stay at home again, so furlough will be called upon once more. 

Perhaps they can’t afford to do it again? Or if they do a decide not to return to the previous 80% of wages paid by the government they know a lot of people will be out of work... which would be an absolute disaster. I’d be made redundant if we went into a full scale lock down again.  

Just thinking from another angle.