Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm almost impressed by the energy behind the Leicester public's desperation to party that led to the Old Bill dishing out 75 COVID fines over New Year, including SIX of the maximum £10,000 fines for gatherings over 30 people.

Relatively difficult to have 30 plus folk round without people noticing, and it's not like nobody else has ever been fined, is it?

I normally wouldn't encourage people to snitch and grass but really glad they have in this instance.

We're all sacrificing something and will be in lockdown for longer if these pillocks carry on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Does this worry anyone else?! 

It's not been proven mixing vaccines work and is this just another way to get around lack of organisation and accessing the 2nd dose of the same vaccine? 

Great way to get people nervous about this vaccine on side... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Bloody woke up with a cold yesterday morning. Fairly certain its not covid but rather annoying. Dunno whether to be be off work or not.

Might as well get tested, the majority of people I know who have had it said they wouldn't recognise it from a bad cold. 

• Like 1

Previous incomplete vaccination
If the course is interrupted or delayed, it should be resumed using the same vaccine but the first dose should not be repeated. There is no evidence on the interchangeability of the COVID-19 vaccines although studies are underway. Therefore, every effort should be made
Chapter 14a - 11
 COVID-19 - SARS-Cov-2

Chapter 14a - COVID-19 - SARS-CoV-2 December 2020
to determine which vaccine the individual received and to complete with the same vaccine. For individuals who started the schedule and who attend for vaccination at a site where the same vaccine is not available, or if the first product received is unknown, it is reasonable to offer one dose of the locally available product to complete the schedule. This option is preferred if the individual is likely to be at immediate high risk or is considered unlikely to attend again. In these circumstances, as both the vaccines are based on the spike protein, it is likely the second dose will help to boost the response to the first dose. For this reason, until additional information becomes available, further doses would not then be required.
Individuals who are participating in a clinical trial of COVID-19 vaccines who present for vaccination should be referred back to the investigators. Eligible persons who are enrolled in vaccine trials should then be provided with written advice on whether and when they can be safely vaccinated in the routine programme.

Co-administration with other vaccines
Although no data for co-administration of COVID-19 vaccine with other vaccines exists, in the absence of such data first principles would suggest that interference between inactivated vaccines with different antigenic content is likely to be limited (see Chapter 11). Based on experience with other vaccines any potential interference is most likely to result in a slightly attenuated immune response to one of the vaccines. There is no evidence of any safety concerns, although it may make the attribution of any adverse events more difficult.
Because of the absence of data on co-administration with COVID-19 vaccines, it should not be routine to offer appointments to give this vaccine at the same time as other vaccines. Based on current information about the first COVID-19 vaccines being deployed, scheduling should ideally be separated by an interval of at least 7 days to avoid incorrect attribution of potential adverse events.
As both of the early COVID-19 vaccines are considered inactivated (including the non- replicating adenovirus vaccine), where individuals in an eligible cohort present having received another inactivated or live vaccine, COVID-19 vaccination should still be considered. The same applies for other live and inactivated vaccines where COVID-19 vaccination has been received first or where a patient presents requiring two vaccines. In most cases, vaccination should proceed to avoid any further delay in protection and to avoid the risk of the patient not returning for a later appointment. In such circumstances, patients should be informed about the likely timing of potential adverse events relating to each vaccine.

From public health England :o

It won’t do much to instil confidence that’s for sure.

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Fcking madness.

How can you be that desperate for a social ffs.

It's stuff like this that makes me think that the deterrent value of punishments is not great generally. Look at the amount of people that get done for drink driving - automatic ban of at least 12 months, but still loads of people do it.

There seem to be a lot of people out there that just assume they'll get away with stuff. If you thought you were going to get fined ten grand, you wouldn't do it, would you?

2 hours ago, Corky said:

I normally wouldn't encourage people to snitch and grass but really glad they have in this instance.

We're all sacrificing something and will be in lockdown for longer if these pillocks carry on.

I can understand the temptation, and I'd be a massive liar if I said I'd adhered to the letter of the rules throughout the pandemic, but this thing where folk basically pretend it's not happening and then do EXACTLY what you're not supposed to do is something I find it very hard to get my head around

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

It's not been proven mixing vaccines work and is this just another way to get around lack of organisation and accessing the 2nd dose of the same vaccine? 

If this is true then that is a potential disaster waiting to happen. It is imperative that the government make an immediate statement about this. A statement which must be unequivocal as to whether this is a fact. If they don't the opposition must immediatley request an urgent statement in the house from Hancock.

It is this type of thing which could well undermine the public's trust in the vaccination programme. The vaccination programme already seems to be showing cracks and it hasn't even begun yet though it is hard to have much confidence in this government to get it right.

• Like 4

What a shit show, there's no way I'm getting different types of vaccines in an untested time frame, would there even be a benefit and no research on potential issues. I won't be the only one this will turn off millions upon millions of people and I don't think you can cry conspiracy on this, it's a legitimate concern imo. 

• Like 1

I think it’s fairly obvious that somethings going on we’re not being told. Either it’s going to take a long time to manufacture enough vaccine of one particular type or they’re not confident in how long it will last, as in if they vaccinate enough people quick enough, there won’t be a significant enough number of people that the vaccine has stopped working on and therefore able to catch the virus, and off we go again. In either case, I’d be much happier being told the situation as it is, where there’s doubt, there’s always going to be suspicion.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, reynard said:

If this is true then that is a potential disaster waiting to happen. It is imperative that the government make an immediate statement about this. A statement which must be unequivocal as to whether this is a fact. If they don't the opposition must immediatley request an urgent statement in the house from Hancock.

It is this type of thing which could well undermine the public's trust in the vaccination programme. The vaccination programme already seems to be showing cracks and it hasn't even begun yet though it is hard to have much confidence in this government to get it right.

I posted before Xmas to say only a handful of staff (7 eventually) at Mrs B's place of work had reluctantly agreed to take the vaccine; after this latest debacle, none (including my Mrs) are willing to take the second dose after 12 weeks.

Fvcking absolute PR disaster from this clusterfvck of a govt.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 2

Pfizer. Here’s the vaccine Boris, much as you want

Boris. We don’t want it

Pfizer. Why not, you’ve been preparing for 3 months

Boris. We’re short staffed and the ones left are threatening to quit.

Pfizer. Ok, Columbia, we’ve got a shit load of drugs if you want em

Columbia. Yep, we’ll self administer

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Shall we all calm down and Google "heterologous prime-boost".

It is a common thing going back decades.  You get better protection by giving two jabs from different suppliers in some cases.

The govt is going to trial this. I'm no fan of the way some of this has been handled but this ISNT a thing to get your knickers in a knot over.  It is common practice except normally it isn't discussed on football forums 😄

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

After the weekly trip to Morrisons I think shops need to start being stricter on face coverings. Loads in there today just not bothering, and half of those that did have masks weren't covering their noses with them

Surprise surprise

The Brits.... what a fookin shower 

• Haha 2

Funnily enough, I went to Morrisons here and there was a lot of compliance. Out of all the shoppers, probably saw one customer not wearing one.

Are staff required to wear masks? Pretty much all but 1 or 2 staff I saw around the store weren't wearing any...