Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Funnily enough, I went to Morrisons here and there was a lot of compliance. Out of all the shoppers, probably saw one customer not wearing one.

Are staff required to wear masks? Pretty much all but 1 or 2 staff I saw around the store weren't wearing any...

It does strike me though that with all the smaller shop being closed, the supermarkets are now rammed and there's no one way systems, or only every other checkout being open, like we had in April.

I think I've seen 1 person not wearing a mask in a shop since April. Aside from myself who forgot about the new mask rules the day after they came in.

Luckily the chap was understanding, probably cus I had a car fill of their petrol unpaid for lol

Healthy supply of masks in the glove box since then Haha

We did wonder if the the government would be able to screw things up. Concerning that excuses seem to be coming already.

It was quite well publicised that our initial batch would be relatively small with more to come over 2020. So I'm not sure why this seems to have caught them by surprise

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

There is literally zero contradiction between the two statements.

It 'literally' sounds like they're getting their excuses in early. Millions of vaccines have been delivered already and are sat lying around (as per the agreed schedule), but Whitty's already blaming it on lack of supplies as to why we can't vaccine more people. We aren't exactly short of vaccines if we've got loads lying around being unused are we?

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

After the weekly trip to Morrisons I think shops need to start being stricter on face coverings. Loads in there today just not bothering, and half of those that did have masks weren't covering their noses with them

Sadly it's only going to get worse, compliance is getting lower and lower by the week, was always going to happen.

Comment has been made of shortage (or not) of Pfizer vaccine. It's the lack of  supply of the Oxford vaccine (in which the government had backed to the greatest extent) that is shambolic. In May 100million doses were ordered, with 30m promised by the end of the autumn. By November, this had changed to 4m doses by year end. This vaccine will start to be administered on Monday, but only 530,000 dosed aes available. The Times reports that in a fortnight 2m doses will be available every week; we'll see whether this happens. I have seen no explanation for the lack of supply; did no-one in government seek to monitor production for the UK? India has 50m doses available immediately. - admittedly this ahs been produced in India and there is a lack of vaccine production in the UK, but, nevertheless, government should have been contacting Astra Zeneca on a regular basis to ensure contracted vaccines were available.

I expect there will also be a logistical problem in administering the vaccine at a sufficient rate with those volunteering to work on the programme having to undertake unnecessary training eg diversity training. There are reports of retired NHS workers having to provide up to 20 pieces of documentation. These are unnecessary obstacles in the roll out of the vaccine, even assuming there are sufficient supplies. . It's likel yto  be well into summer. before a sufficient number of people have received the vaccine, and follow up 12 weeks later.  

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Sadly it's only going to get worse, compliance is getting lower and lower by the week, was always going to happen.

It seems to be the other way where I am.Apart from the corner shops and smaller petrol stations(Not BP) Rare to see anyone not wearing masks in supermarkets and at least half the pedestrians masked up outdoors.

6 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

It seems to be the other way where I am.Apart from the corner shops and smaller petrol stations(Not BP) Rare to see anyone not wearing masks in supermarkets and at least half the pedestrians masked up outdoors.

There's a definite demographic split on this. Yesterday at the National Trust place I was at, there was about 98% mask wearing where it wasn't compulsory and OUTSIDE.

It's safe to say that Freeman's Park Morrisons attracts a slightly different crowd, but why they are less compliant with actual rules, who can say?

I can quite understand that retailers don't want people kicking off in their stores, but I think we've reached the point now where if individuals aren't going to take responsibility and do the right thing, those that control private spaces should put their foot down. If the security staff at the Highcross can stop young blokes going in there topless, supermarkets should be able to stop people without masks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1. I think the current situation needs a proper press conference and/or questions to Chris Whitby about why we’re taking this route and how things correspond with warnings from Pfizer, etc. There may be good reasons for it, but I haven’t seen or heard those reasons set out properly to the public.

2. This policy smacks of panic from the government that any form of lockdown won’t be enough to cope with the new variant.

3. Am I unfair in being suspicious of how loads of vaccines were promised from India, few have turned up and now India are rattling out a mass vaccination program?

31 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It 'literally' sounds like they're getting their excuses in early. Millions of vaccines have been delivered already and are sat lying around (as per the agreed schedule), but Whitty's already blaming it on lack of supplies as to why we can't vaccine more people. We aren't exactly short of vaccines if we've got loads lying around being unused are we?

It seems exactly the same as when ordered all those ventilators, it’s very easy to Chuck money at stuff, especially when it’s not yours, but then the harsh reality comes in i.e. wtf are we going to do with all this equipment. 100 million doses of vaccines, whoopie aren’t we great, now how the fvck do we administer this lot. If they can’t manage it, put someone in charge who can, for all our sakes.

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

It seems exactly the same as when ordered all those ventilators, it’s very easy to Chuck money at stuff, especially when it’s not yours, but then the harsh reality comes in i.e. wtf are we going to do with all this equipment. 100 million doses of vaccines, whoopie aren’t we great, now how the fvck do we administer this lot. If they can’t manage it, put someone in charge who can, for all our sakes.

We are 3rd in the number of vaccinations completed so far. The desire to criticise everything and anything appears to make people less inclined to apply any form of critical thinking. 

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

52 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I think I've seen 1 person not wearing a mask in a shop since April. Aside from myself who forgot about the new mask rules the day after they came in.

Luckily the chap was understanding, probably cus I had a car fill of their petrol unpaid for lol

Healthy supply of masks in the glove box since then Haha

We did wonder if the the government would be able to screw things up. Concerning that excuses seem to be coming already.

It was quite well publicised that our initial batch would be relatively small with more to come over 2020. So I'm not sure why this seems to have caught them by surprise

No offence but if you’ve genuinely only seen 1 person in shops without a mask, you ain’t been in many shops

I popped out to the local Tesco mini store last night on Lutterworth Road and was in there 5 mins

Literally I counted 6/7 young people in their without masks. The staff never said a dickie-bird. I gave a couple of them a little stare to which they told me to go and fook myself

Contemporary Britain is a shit show 

Edited by Col city fan
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Salisbury Fox said:

We are 3rd in the number of vaccinations completed so far. The desire to criticise everything and anything appears to make people less inclined to apply any form of critical thinking. 

As I said earlier, the vaccines will be administered because local people will make it happen. Despite all the hurdles, people will administer as many as they can

This has got nothing to do with any allegiance to Matt Hancock, Boris or the government. It’ll happen because we all know how important it is. 
I just hope the Government don’t in some way fook it all up.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Salisbury Fox said:

Maybe so, but why is dr doom Chris Whitty saying there a serious problems with the vaccine supply, yet Pfizer are saying there’s not? What are we being set up for?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Maybe so, but why is dr doom Chris Whitty saying there a serious problems with the vaccine supply, yet Pfizer are saying there’s not? What are we being set up for?

Whitty didn't say there are serious problems with supply, he said there's a global problem with supply. This is as simple as saying as there isn't the amount readily available now that we need. Which is true, or else we'd be able to immedietly vaccinate more than 1-2 million a week. I really wouldn't look too deeply into it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

As I said earlier, the vaccines will be administered because local people will make it happen. Despite all the hurdles, people will administer as many as they can

This has got nothing to do with any allegiance to Matt Hancock, Boris or the government. It’ll happen because we all know how important it is. 
I just hope the Government don’t in some way fook it all up.

The point I was making is that of all the things to criticise, the rate of vaccinations is not one. Clearly that could change given that it is a dynamic situation. My post didn’t politicise this in anyway.

Whilst you are right that local people will make it work, there are obviously many moving parts to get it to that stage which if done incorrectly could add to delays.

3 hours ago, pleatout said:

Shall we all calm down and Google "heterologous prime-boost".

It is a common thing going back decades.  You get better protection by giving two jabs from different suppliers in some cases.

The govt is going to trial this. I'm no fan of the way some of this has been handled but this ISNT a thing to get your knickers in a knot over.  It is common practice except normally it isn't discussed on football forums 😄

What you forget though is this football forum is full of experts on every subject 

• Haha 1

Just now, fox_favourite said:

It's far too early to know. Tier 4 hasn't been on affect long enough to make a difference

A lot of the Kent areas and Peterborough within those lists have shown three days downward trend now. It’s two weeks for those areas and it’s commonly thought transmission has a five day timeframe 

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

No offence but if you’ve genuinely only seen 1 person in shops without a mask, you ain’t been in many shops

I popped out to the local Tesco mini store last night on Lutterworth Road and was in there 5 mins

Literally I counted 6/7 young people in their without masks. The staff never said a dickie-bird. I gave a couple of them a little stare to which they told me to go and fook myself

Contemporary Britain is a shit show 

lol I'm not trying to have a competition with you col.

I clearly frequent a higher class of shop that you, it's the only explanation. With it being coalville morrisons mainly, you must be going to some right dives :D

• Haha 4