Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Thing is there really aren’t many old fatties, it’s the younger generation that are the problem.

That's because fatties die of heart disease/stroke/diabetes etc before they can get old.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You'll have the police knocking on your door for travelling 5 miles the next daylol

If it is OK for Boris to ride his bike 7 miles in London I will just get on my bike and do my shopping on that.

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

That's because fatties die of heart disease/stroke/diabetes etc before they can get old.

I think we should encourage Boris to get on his bike every day, sign up on Strava and aim to get down to the correct weight for his height - I believe about 12 or 13 stone instead of 17 and a half.

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

There's your answer mate. 

Stratford is the soft underbelly of middle England. You don't get your typical Leicester scum round that way :thumbup:

Funnily enough when Covid started to spread I was really worried that it’d be hit quite hard given the amount of tourism in town and I’d just moved to a potential hotspot. All things considered, I think the towns done quite well, even with all the West Midlands folk descending on town in the summer. 

In regards to mask wearing, I’ve noticed a fair few people with face shields so I assume they’re medically exempt from mask wearing but feel the need to still do their bit. Not sure how much they help, but at least they’re trying and not being awkward.

Just now, Corky said:

Oh what a surprise. Hancock backs the police fining the women £200 for travelling five miles yet says Johnson going for a bike ride seven miles away is ok.

What a tosser.

One was exercise? They drove remember? 

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Oh what a surprise. Hancock backs the police fining the women £200 for travelling five miles yet says Johnson going for a bike ride seven miles away is ok.

What a tosser.

Said on central news the good looking girls from Ashby have had the fine quashed already.  Hancock a bit behind the times. 

• Haha 1

Matt Hancock’s also said the public’s actions “could make a difference”. Seems odd to say it “could” make a difference, not it “will” make a difference, given that it’s mostly the public’s actions that have got us in this mess*.

*not my view but the views of government and the brave few that continue to defend them

Edited by Trumpet

37 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

"Unless medically exempt". All the usual selfish tvats will just say "nah exempt mate" and be let in, or show their ridiculous exempt card they printed off the internet.

Had a stand up argument with 4 teens refusing to wear a mask in a take-away a week before Christmas. Excuses: "Exempt mate, I've got Asthma". I asked what inhalers he had, blank stare. Female; "don't need to mate, I'm pregnant... with twins... and I'm NOT obese before you say owt". 2nd male: "Why do you care, you'll be dead soon, old man". 3rd male walked away sniggering. 

I very much doubt I'm alone in this or other similar experiences.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

So, from this list, the only people that are really excused from wearing one bearing in mind we are talking about your typical shopper, are children or disabled people, and by disabled i don't think it means your typical disablethorper.

•  
  • An emergency responder such as a police officer, paramedic or fire officer acting in the course of their duty
  •  

All ambulance staff and voluntary first responders are required to have level 2 PPE at every call they attend. There is NO exemption. Disciplinary action can be taken if we fail to comply.

Edited by Parafox

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

One was exercise? They drove remember? 

Is seven miles for exercise really necessary though? 

This is the problem they've left themselves with- not putting down a number to stick to leaves it open to interpretation.

3 minutes ago, OrielCaziado said:

Said on central news the good looking girls from Ashby have had the fine quashed already.  Hancock a bit behind the times. 

Were the fines quashed because the girls are good-looking? Perhaps that's also why the cops surrounded them in the first place!

41 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

I live over in Stratford and often nip into Tesco Express. I’m yet to see anyone in there not wearing a mask.

Since mask wearing properly became a thing, I think I’ve only seen one couple not wearing a mask. I either don’t go out much or it’s not a problem over here.

Maybe people in Stratford (mainly affluent and educated) have a level of intelligence/intellect and self-responsibility that other places (deprived inner city council sink estates) don't? Could it be a societal thing?

Edited by Parafox

11 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Had a stand up argument with 4 teens refusing to wear a mask in a take-away a week before Christmas. Excuses: "Exempt mate, I've got Asthma". I asked what inhalers he had, blank stare. Female; "don't need to mate, I'm pregnant... with twins... and I'm NOT obese before you say owt". 2nd male: "Why do you care, you'll be dead soon, old man". 3rd male walked away sniggering. 

I very much doubt I'm alone in this or other similar experiences.

Where did you bury them? Just so I know not to disturb the area. 👍🏻

31 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Or whenever..!!  In the year 2525....

Very interesting, I looked up the lyrics to that song and lo and behold....

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find
In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think, do, and say
Is in the pill you took today

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Were the fines quashed because the girls are good-looking? Perhaps that's also why the cops surrounded them in the first place!

They said the fines were rescinded and an apology was given as it was a "misunderstanding" on the behalf of the officers. Underlying the need for clear and defined guidance.

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Very interesting, I looked up the lyrics to that song and lo and behold....

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find
In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think, do, and say
Is in the pill you took today

Not heard that song for nigh-on 40 years

14 minutes ago, Corky said:

Is seven miles for exercise really necessary though? 

This is the problem they've left themselves with- not putting down a number to stick to leaves it open to interpretation.

Not sure, but 7 miles does not seem far Ona bike, but both things seem a bit silly as they constituted exercise. 

Another day, another reason to lambast someone, media must be on cloud nine. lol

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

And then exercised. No one said they couldn't drive for exercise.

Yes, true. Realise they cannot say it, would be grossly unreasonable. Can also see the reason to drive somewhere, simple walk around and there are soooo many people doing the same.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, true. Realise they cannot say it, would be grossly unreasonable. Can also see the reason to drive somewhere, simple walk around and there are soooo many people doing the same.

And why not. It's logically safer to drive in an enclosed car with a member of your household to a less popular place. There's loads of waymarked walks in our county where you can easily avoid/distance from other people:

www.choosehowyoumove.co.uk

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Maybe people in Stratford (mainly affluent and educated) have a level of intelligence/intellect and self-responsibility that other places (deprived inner city council sink estates) don't? Could it be a societal thing?

Not sure how I managed to get in then lol

• Haha 1