Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

45 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

One was exercise? They drove remember? 

One is potentially spreading the virus, especially for someone like Boris who kinda gives me the impression he's a heavy breather at the best of times, and the other, unless the rona has suddenly migrated into a couple of cars exhaust system and is passing itself on to every person that you pass, which i very much doubt would be a problem because there's something like 3 houses between Ashby and that reservoir, is probably 99.99999% safe.

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

One is potentially spreading the virus, especially for someone like Boris who kinda gives me the impression he's a heavy breather at the best of times, and the other, unless the rona has suddenly migrated into a couple of cars exhaust system and is passing itself on to every person that you pass, which i very much doubt would be a problem because there's something like 3 houses between Ashby and that reservoir, is probably 99.99999% safe.

That’s fair enough. Just getting too damn cynical with all these stories, so my bad.

19 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Well apparently they've been let off, which is just ridiculous! Why should they be allowed to drive into another county for a jolly old picnic? 

Send them to The Tower! 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Times are a changing. I used to have to take my helmet off to buy 20 quids worth of petrol, now I’d be told to keep it on. Ideal time to rob a bank.

Ditto if you're a 16 year old trying to buy booze

39 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Supermarkets going to enforce wearing masks in their stores..

But will that work or are people just going to come up with excuses as to why they cannot wear one?

31 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

In the grand scheme of things, what difference will it make?  It's taken 6 months for supermarkets to now make a move to enforce masks and it's taken the govt 10 months to decide that the best way forward to enforce restrictions is to make threats of tougher restrictions.  

I don't see what difference it will make, but that's because from what I've seen the vast majority are doing it. 

People not wearing masks in shops has been few and far between in my experience.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I don't see what difference it will make, but that's because from what I've seen the vast majority are doing it. 

People not wearing masks in shops has been few and far between in my experience.

Fair point - if people aren’t wearing them them now they never will .

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

You actually have to be doing this on purpose now. 

Why is it a decent article and why is it worth a read? It's another anti-science opinion piece and shameful example of confirmation bias from "The Critic" which as an article is ironically about as far away from objective critical thinking as you can get. Shameful, because 'The Critic' often contains some interesting and thought provoking reads and prides itself on "honest criticism as to better approach truth, not deny its possibility". According to the editors - "ossified thought and a lack of intellectual rigour are depressing features of all sides of today’s political and cultural debate. Our writers will subscribe to no editorial line nor serve the interests of any party, faction or cause". Bearing this in mind, your article then goes on to state "various analyses have shown that lockdowns don’t work". The "analyses" in question are revealed to be a cherry picked list of publications assembled by the AIER a libertarian think tank affiliated with the Bastiat Society lollollol. "The Critic" claims impartiality, but the AIER is borderline Breitbart ffs!! Last year, it actually financed advertisements on social media promoting its own articles against government social distancing measures and the wearing of facemasks.

Your article also states "In fact, the sceptic case is argued by credible scientists, academics, journalists, politicians, and good ordinary people who just want the best for their country." So you still fail to grasp the logical fallacy of 'appeal to authority' and 'emotional pleading'. No thanks, I'll listen to the science instead of opinions. 

Seriously, why are you doing this to yourself and why are you repeatedly inflicting it on others? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Add to that the craziest decision yet when they put London into tier 2 in December whilst most of the rest of us were tier 3. This is London, the capital, where lots and lots of people live together in close proximity 

Oh how they must have smirked with self satisfaction looking after themselves before Christmas, pubs open etc what a jolly good time they must of had whilst the the rest of us could do very little.

Scandalous.

And if I sound bitter it’s because I am.

Yes totally agree , putting London into tier 2 even at the time looked crazy but now looks like one of the worst decisions yet and then on top of that everyone having a small party for Christmas. 
the only way out of this now is a really hard lockdown with curfews and Papers needed to leave the house. 
I have relatives living in Greece where they need a downloadable form they have to have with them to go out and also they have an app on the phone which monitors how many times you’ve been out , sounds crazy but the rates are now almost zero. 

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Very interesting, I looked up the lyrics to that song and lo and behold....

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find
In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think, do, and say
Is in the pill you took today

Ahh Let everybody join in...its the new Vaccine Theme song..:banana:Now

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Parafox said:

All ambulance staff and voluntary first responders are required to have level 2 PPE at every call they attend. There is NO exemption. Disciplinary action can be taken if we fail to comply.

I have first hand experience of seeing ambulance staff pulling their masks down to speak to my mother the week before last.  She is deaf and lip reads.  Were they technically in the wrong?

5 hours ago, String fellow said:

Were the fines quashed because the girls are good-looking? Perhaps that's also why the cops surrounded them in the first place!

I suspect they were quashed because the police decided that they wouldn't be able to stand up in court and prove beyond reasonable doubt that driving 5 miles means you are no longer local, and that carrying a hot drink meets the definition of "picnic".  All they were left with was the defence of "I'm a policeman so you must obey my orders", which, unlike Australia apparently, we haven't introduced into even the emergency laws.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

I suspect they were quashed because the police decided that they wouldn't be able to stand up in court and prove beyond reasonable doubt that driving 5 miles means you are no longer local, and that carrying a hot drink meets the definition of "picnic".  All they were left with was the defence of "I'm a policeman so you must obey my orders", which, unlike Australia apparently, we haven't introduced into even the emergency laws.

When the pm of the country cycles  7 miles for exercise, that is the precedent that is set, and to be perfectly honest, it would be a pretty decent boundary nation wide, if only the government would say, 7 miles from home end of, seems like everyone could stick by that.

• Like 1