Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hancock is by far the most patronising **** in politics and jesus there are many of them.

I hope when all this is under control and most of us are vaccinated the likes of Hancock and Whitty disappear from public view. You hear their name and instantly think bad news is coming.

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I was just wondering what actually are people who claim to be exempt from wearing a mask suffering from? I mean you can still breathe wearing one and if you still struggle they have those face shield things. 

Not sure, Stupidity I think. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I was just wondering what actually are people who claim to be exempt from wearing a mask suffering from? I mean you can still breathe wearing one and if you still struggle they have those face shield things. 

I think if you do struggle to breathe by wearing one, you really shouldn't be walking round a supermarket in the first place, cos there's a good chance you're gonna keel over anyway.

Just now, Corky said:

I hope when all this is under control and most of us are vaccinated the likes of Hancock and Whitty disappear from public view. You hear their name and instantly think bad news is coming.

I think it’s unfair to put them in the same bucket. Whitty seems to be a man of honour and integrity doing his best in very difficult circumstances.

The less said about Hancock the better. 

I'd giving up watching these but did catch this one: got fed up with particularly with the journalists and their pathetic questioning. its obvious that the infrastructure is going to be there to deliver the vaccines. The issue is the supply of the vaccine which will decide how quickly it goes ahead. Did anyone ask the question of what was happening on the supply side. Did they f**k. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I think it’s unfair to put them in the same bucket. Whitty seems to be a man of honour and integrity doing his best in very difficult circumstances.

The less said about Hancock the better. 

Yeah, it was harsh, I meant more that if Whitty isn't required to speak we're doing well enough.

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

There have been plenty of examples in this thread already, I'm not going to dig them up but we've heard many reasons given for being happy going out in the midst of the pandemic, but seemingly unable to wear a mask 

4 minutes ago, January47 said:

I'd giving up watching these but did catch this one: got fed up with particularly with the journalists and their pathetic questioning. its obvious that the infrastructure is going to be there to deliver the vaccines. The issue is the supply of the vaccine which will decide how quickly it goes ahead. Did anyone ask the question of what was happening on the supply side. Did they f**k. 

Bang on

The journo’s questions were so predictable and boring as fook. The question of supply was the most important question today and as you say, it wasn’t asked 

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

There have been plenty of examples in this thread already, I'm not going to dig them up but we've heard many reasons given for being happy going out in the midst of the pandemic, but seemingly unable to wear a mask 

I know but I’m interested in what they are.

26 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

It's honestly like somebody has dragged him off the street, put an arm around him and said "just do the best you can" 

I assumed they had an autocue ready and waiting but I'm guessing not given the clusterfvck that comes out of his mouth. 

The Aidy Boothroyd of the cabinet 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It is the Sun so take from it what you will

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11785932/face-mask-exemption-uk-rules/

So, from this list, the only people that are really excused from wearing one bearing in mind we are talking about your typical shopper, are children or disabled people, and by disabled i don't think it means your typical disablethorper.

• A child under the age of 11
  • People who cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
  • An employee of the transport operator, or in any other indoor setting where appropriate when they are acting in the course of their employment
  • Where a mask causes the wearer severe distress
  • An emergency responder such as a police officer, paramedic or fire officer acting in the course of their duty
  • Someone speaking to or helping anyone who relies on lip reading, clear sound or facial expressions to communicate
  • Someone acting to avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to themselves or others - including if it would negatively impact on your ability to exercise or participate in a strenuous activity

49 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Coronavirus: Morrisons to ban shoppers who refuse to wear face masks https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55618408

Absolutely brilliant. Morrisons have just got a new customer. I have just done my shopping in a different store and there were several people without masks and two small children chasing about. A while back I complained to the manager about people not wearing masks and he said there was nothing he could do about it. I would feel safer driving 5 miles to my nearest Morrisons than I do shopping at home.

• Like 1

I would say anyone who is unfit to wear a mask for medical reasons probably shouldn't be out because they're likely to be really ill if they catch covid. But I appreciate old lonely people have no choice, but they aren't the ones who refuse to wear masks. Only one I have genuine sympathy with is those that have had a trauma which wearing a mask triggers emotions. 

Pregnancy isn't an excuse either, my wife is pregnant and wears a mask and a visor for 10 hours a day at work.

Let's be honest though, vast majority are just not wearing one because they can't be bothered. 

However, the people without masks is pretty minimal in my area.

10 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

Absolutely brilliant. Morrisons have just got a new customer. I have just done my shopping in a different store and there were several people without masks and two small children chasing about. A while back I complained to the manager about people not wearing masks and he said there was nothing he could do about it. I would feel safer driving 5 miles to my nearest Morrisons than I do shopping at home.

"Unless medically exempt". All the usual selfish tvats will just say "nah exempt mate" and be let in, or show their ridiculous exempt card they printed off the internet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

That's because all the Londoners with second homes in the south west did a runner there when they had the chance.

Plenty of people from London in my part of the South West. They like the idea of living in the country. Then when they get here they moan that the roads are muddy with all the tractors, the nearest Waitrose is miles away and there is no cinema or theatre in their new town. And a lot of them are most shrill in their moaning about the Glastonbury Festival, and complain bitterly if they are delayed by as much as five minutes by traffic when they want to take their kids to school, or somebody dressed weirdly drops litter over their garden fence. Like it or not the festival is the largest business in the area and brings a lot of money in when most of the larger employers have gone elsewhere. 

• Like 1

I live over in Stratford and often nip into Tesco Express. I’m yet to see anyone in there not wearing a mask.

Since mask wearing properly became a thing, I think I’ve only seen one couple not wearing a mask. I either don’t go out much or it’s not a problem over here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

"Unless medically exempt". All the usual selfish tvats will just say "nah exempt mate" and be let in, or show their ridiculous exempt card they printed off the internet.

In my experience people don’t even bother to do that? They just don’t bother 

4 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

I live over in Stratford and often nip into Tesco Express. I’m yet to see anyone in there not wearing a mask.

Since mask wearing properly became a thing, I think I’ve only seen one couple not wearing a mask. I either don’t go out much or it’s not a problem over here.

There's your answer mate. 

Stratford is the soft underbelly of middle England. You don't get your typical Leicester scum round that way :thumbup:

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

You'll have the police knocking on your door for travelling 5 miles the next daylol

• Haha 2