Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

31 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Watching the people get lairy, it’s not very pretty I tell thee. Walking through town is quite scary, it’s not very sensible either.

It’s a shame “I predict a Fryatt” never made sense.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The thing is, when you get old one of the small comforts in life is eating. What else is there to do? I'll eat myself silly. Try and get banned from a few buffet restaurants etc. Chicken Kiev and waffle pizza roll ups.

Thing is there really aren’t many old fatties, it’s the younger generation that are the problem.

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Two fifths of over 80s have had their first dose of the vaccine.

2.6 million vaccines given to 2.3 million people so far.

To the negativists in this thread:

We have already vaccinated more people in the UK than in the whole of the rest of Europe

🤜

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s the oldest trick in the book Col.  

Theres no doubt blame on the British public but any government prefers a divided nation. 

Some real strict rules being rumoured under consideration - allowed out of your house once a week!

And once again the people hit hardest are those that comply.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Had to turn Hancock off. His reading style is too odd. 

It's honestly like somebody has dragged him off the street, put an arm around him and said "just do the best you can" 

I assumed they had an autocue ready and waiting but I'm guessing not given the clusterfvck that comes out of his mouth. 

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

It's honestly like somebody has dragged him off the street, put an arm around him and said "just do the best you can" 

I assumed they had an autocue ready and waiting but I'm guessing not given the clusterfvck that comes out of his mouth. 

Look past Hancock. The important thing here is that people are being vaccinated as quickly as we can.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why so much hot air? 

Who's being negative about the vaccine? 

Negativity in general Stan. Read the thread. 
You can see it watching the announcement just now. 
No mention from the media about the great work being done with the vaccination programme. Instead we got journo’s bleating on about the rules re walking in the park

Its a very British disease. Negativity, questioning, glass half empty.

Edited by Col city fan

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Look past Hancock. The important thing here is that people are being vaccinated as quickly as we can.

Absolutely Col, and it's great news how we seem to be ahead of many in bringing an end to this. 

My issue (although barely relevant) is how poorly Hancock is able to get through one of these and how poorly prepared many of them have felt at a time when most want assurance and a confident voice. 

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Fookin Hell, that’s a real slap in the face figure

There are more people in hospital now, in the SW of the country, than in the WHOLE country last September!

😳

That's because all the Londoners with second homes in the south west did a runner there when they had the chance.

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Coronavirus: Morrisons to ban shoppers who refuse to wear face masks https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55618408

I was just wondering what actually are people who claim to be exempt from wearing a mask suffering from? I mean you can still breathe wearing one and if you still struggle they have those face shield things. 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Aren’t the vaccination figures THE most important thing? It’s our only way out

Of course they are but I'd guess the vast majority on here are in the lower priority bands so we've still got plenty of time to wait and harsher restrictions aren't going to improve people's outlook.