Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What am I having for lunch? A mug of beans and little sausages and findus crispy pancakes with the end bitten off to let the lava out and use as a spoon.

I need to understand what chicken kiev and waffle pizza rollups are!

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Going back to this debate about those 2 birds who got fined for not breaking any rules in law, I still fail to see what all the fuss is aboit?

It comes down to whether something is more likely to spread the virus or not. The rules are 2 people can meet up for a walk/exercise. Thst as a rule means there's a slightly bigger chance of spread than if people aren't allowed to meet up. The driving cars a few miles to go for the said walk has absolutely no baring on anything unless car emissions are now a big spreader. 

My local park is heaving now, kids trying to play on the playgrounds that haven't been padlocked up like the first lockdown and having to play hopscotch to dodge the dog shit. I fail to see how walking round there or driving a few miles to another place to walk around is much different. 

Can someone enlighten me what the issues are that I'm missing here? 

I agree. I can walk to my local attraction, in my case Burbage Common, where I will be amongst dozens of others who have also walked there but I cant drive to a more remote and less well know area to walk where I probably won't be in any proximity to another person as it's against the "rules".

My wife's friends husband is a police officer and he says they are targeting popular areas such as Thornton reservoir, Old John, Beacon Hill, Bosworth Park, Foxton Locks etc.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Going back to this debate about those 2 birds who got fined for not breaking any rules in law, I still fail to see what all the fuss is aboit?

It comes down to whether something is more likely to spread the virus or not. The rules are 2 people can meet up for a walk/exercise. Thst as a rule means there's a slightly bigger chance of spread than if people aren't allowed to meet up. The driving cars a few miles to go for the said walk has absolutely no baring on anything unless car emissions are now a big spreader. 

My local park is heaving now, kids trying to play on the playgrounds that haven't been padlocked up like the first lockdown and having to play hopscotch to dodge the dog shit. I fail to see how walking round there or driving a few miles to another place to walk around is much different. 

The issue is, there's a clown running the show, and he's bought his circus with him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Slice up a Kiev Deb, then do a couple of potato waffles and lay them flat on a cooked pizza, along with the sliced Kiev and then wrap the pizza up like a rolled up newspaper and annihilate. I've been told from religious folk that this is the closest thing to God you'll ever meet. 

It certainly sounds like it is.

The only problem being that I would think that if you were to make that a regular part of your diet, you would unfortunately end up actually facing God (or the deity of one's choice) rather sooner than desirable.

• Haha 1

With respect to the exercising local, if we're trying to reduce the spread of this new variant, or any other variants, then if people were driving to different locations (doesn't matter if it's 5 miles or 50 miles) then we're seeding that into other communities which is not ideal.  That being said, the guidance is appallingly vague and badly communicated.  What has completely lacked from all these restrictions is rationale, assuming there is one.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

With respect to the exercising local, if we're trying to reduce the spread of this new variant, or any other variants, then if people were driving to different locations (doesn't matter if it's 5 miles or 50 miles) then we're seeding that into other communities which is not ideal.  That being said, the guidance is appallingly vague and badly communicated.  What has completely lacked from all these restrictions is rationale, assuming there is one.

It was a bit clearer when you couldn't go in to other tiers or " areas " as in different counties but what constitutes local area, is it a village, a town, a city, a county? Just make us all take dangerously high amounts of valium  and let's sleep through this for a few months and come round when it's fcuked off again. 

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Slice up a Kiev Deb, then do a couple of potato waffles and lay them flat on a cooked pizza, along with the sliced Kiev and then wrap the pizza up like a rolled up newspaper and annihilate. I've been told from religious folk that this is the closest thing to God you'll ever meet. 

Is that one of those carb fuelled snacks Ric whereby you feel absolutely stuffed straight after, but bloody starving an hour later?

😩

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

It certainly sounds like it is.

The only problem being that I would think that if you were to make that a regular part of your diet, you would unfortunately end up actually facing God (or the deity of one's choice) rather sooner than desirable.

Damn, beat me to it. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Its carnage near me at the moment - so many people all walking the same routes, all condensed over a shorter time period because of reduced daylight hours. Over the summer it was fine because you could dodge people by walking on the grass, but now you would literally be ankle deep in mud (if you were as fortunate to not have slipped over in the process). My friend who has a young baby won't go out at the moment as it's just impossible to dodge people with the pram - before she was more than happy to drive to somewhere like a national trust place where they have the one way routes in operation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Is that one of those carb fuelled snacks Ric whereby you feel absolutely stuffed straight after, but bloody starving an hour later?

😩

It's all about how you approach it. Don't for heaven sake attack it straight the way as it'll have the roof of your mouth off and it's game over. It's a fifteen minute snack, a decent mouthful a minute. Peck at it if needs be, but enjoy it.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's all about how you approach it. Don't for heaven sake attack it straight the way as it'll have the roof of your mouth off and it's game over. It's a fifteen minute snack, a decent mouthful a minute. Peck at it if needs be, but enjoy it.

Your attention to detail as always Ric is outstanding. 

A light at the end of the Coronavirus tunnel has emerged, and shows how truly great this forum can be that it's come in the form of a Chicken Kiev and Pizza lol

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Shaming people for going to the park for a walk is absolutely grim.

I had a quick glance through, interesting stuff. Despite the advice to continue promoting it, we barely hear anything about Test and Trace these days - no doubt because they don't want to be reminded of what a disaster it has been. I am feeling even more justified in my thoughts that it's complete madness that churches are open right now - especially where you have big groups of musicians singing without masks on (and I say that as someone who normally regularly attends). 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pizza-burn only happens to the foolish amongst us. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Your attention to detail as always Ric is outstanding. 

A light at the end of the Coronavirus tunnel has emerged, and shows how truly great this forum can be that it's come in the form of a Chicken Kiev and Pizza lol

WHAT ABOUT THIS

Pizza base made out of chicken, with a garlic sauce stuffed crust. Top with cheese and potato waffles

Interesting that my work place has just sent an email around saying that whilst we are considered as key workers, if its possible and effective, we're encouraged to work from home and not use the option of schools for any kids. Something that has been mentioned a few times on this thread.

What do we think the announcement is going to be about then? Still seems there are TONS of people working in offices who could easily be working from home. Walking through town and every estate agents, insurance place, solicitors etc are all still open with their workers inside. 

9 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Still seems there are TONS of people working in offices who could easily be working from home. Walking through town and every estate agents, insurance place, solicitors etc are all still open with their workers inside. 

Watching the people get lairy, it’s not very pretty I tell thee. Walking through town is quite scary, it’s not very sensible either.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

WHAT ABOUT THIS

Pizza base made out of chicken, with a garlic sauce stuffed crust. Top with cheese and potato waffles

Whilst it sounds lovely, you've removed the pizza and I want to know why. There is no such thing as a bad pizza. You could tell me I've got less than a week to live, then shove a scalding hot overcooked Chicago Town pizza in front of me and I'd still enjoy it.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Whilst it sounds lovely, you've removed the pizza and I want to know why. There is no such thing as a bad pizza. You could tell me I've got less than a week to live, then shove a scalding hot overcooked Chicago Town pizza in front of me and I'd still enjoy it.

Have you seen Food Review Club on FB and David Portnoy el Presidente on FB?