Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It’s unofficial but,

restrictions are in place for at least another year.

Living in contemporary Britain I genuinely wonder how we will ever come out of this.

Gotta feel for some businesses etc 

Fixed :whistle:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Ffs.... hardly surprising the country’s in a fookin mess 

We have 10 more years of this. People really like the bloke. Hard to know why - think it's just because he's got a sense of humour and they'd go for a pint with him.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We have 10 more years of this. People really like the bloke. Hard to know why - think it's just because he's got a sense of humour and they'd go for a pint with him.

I’d have a beer with Boris, the big fookin toff 😆

Don’t mean he should be our bloody Prime Minister though!

It’s never healthy when an administration has no viable opposition. Labour need to sort their shit out 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

Not a chance we'll end anything in 4 weeks, if they are banging on so much about being double vaccinated we're looking at October to get everyone above 18 included.

Agreed, cases will go up, hospitalisations will follow (not as much) and we’re stuck in this situation indefinitely.

I wish I could see a way out for us all but I can’t 🥺

Guest Harrydc

And if you think they will let us free again on 19th July then you're as deluded as the people who believed they'd let us free on 21 June. 

We won't even have Christmas together. 

Time to end this now. 

15 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Agree. He comes across as a friend of the average english moron, his tongue in cheek, say it how it is,  it'll all be fine, no fuss etc.etc 

Yet, the reality  is excruciating when he's (v v rarely if you ever notice) confronted with 'normal' people

2 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

And if you think they will let us free again on 19th July then you're as deluded as the people who believed they'd let us free on 21 June. 

We won't even have Christmas together. 

Time to end this now. 

Should have ended this 2 months ago when the figures were low.

On reflection, that whole press conference was the least credible of any I can remember.  Would like a psychologists view on it.  Much of what was said came across as untruthful imo and this was further backed up by those ridiculous graphs.  Makes me even more annoyed that they think they are credible displaying such nonsense.

30 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Today's slide show was an excellent example of how to present a series of misleading graphs.  Not only were they misleading, the narrative behind much of what was said was simply not true.  

Yes. The scales were much lower but the lines showed much more dramatic inclines so it worked for them no doubt lol 

24 minutes ago, Otis said:

So he said that delaying for another 4 weeks will save thousands of lives. 

But we are averaging 8 deaths a day.

Boris can I see your workings out?

Or is it a case of saying big scary numbers so everyone will think you're doing the right thing.

How can you be so obtuse?

Don't you realise that thanks to Boris we’re all going to live forever?

Saw my daughter and grandchildren yesterday for the 1st time in 17 months they've gone from baby like features to adult like features since we last saw them.

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Wow, that’s equally sad and good at the same time… glad you’ve finally got to see them again. 

You're correct, frustrating when they're only 1hr.45mins away I mean it's not like they're in Australia.

23 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Who on here has "refused to have the vaccine"? I can think of one poster and that's it. 

Hardly an antivax hotbed on here, if anything it's been the lockdown advocates pointing out the flaws of the vaccine recently :whistle:

There have been others, but I'm not going to name them, they may since have changed their mind, and anyone who has been following this thread will know who they are. 

If by your second point you are referring to me, who had a wobble regarding the vaccine recently based on knowing two people personally who have died in their 30's as a direct result of the vaccine , which has been well documented in this thread, well I think that's a bit of a low blow. 

Guest Harrydc

📍Just to flatten the curve

📍Just until Christmas
📍Just until the vulnerable are vaccinated 
📍Just until Easter
📍Just until 100% are vaccinated
📍Just until June 21st
📍Just 4 more weeks