Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

When people look at this on the eve of Boris extending restrictions, it's hardly a good show whether they're following the guidelines or not.

It'll rub people up the wrong way.  

But as Raab put it this morning, as they're taking part in important government talks, it's not a problem. :rolleyes:

E3uAOeAVIAcFgg_.jpeg.jpg

You think they aren’t all official photographers?

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Stop listening to liars, pretending to be truth bringers.

Remember how footballers can jet from country to country without quarantine and we are all happy about that because it benefits us?

A simple google would tell you masses of jobs are except from quarantine. And that whilst working rules are entirely different.

These people are either stupid or purposely lying to you.

Why would you assume I listen to truth bringers (do you mean conspiracy theorists?), because I linked a random tweet? I’m not on social media, but you can still search for G7 on these platforms. 

Maybe I should have linked a more reputable source like the Telegraph who are basically saying the same thing.

You’re right about the rules, maybe rules was the wrong phrase. But I think its fair to ask for our world leaders to show they are being considerate about a deadly virus.

I see people being considerate for others everyday, whether its wearing their mask, keeping their distance, so why not our leaders? Especially when there’s already been a small covid outbreak in the area they’re staying in. Not to say they’re to blame of course, but from the images we’ve seen at the G7, they don’t seem to care about potentially spreading the virus amongst themselves.

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

Why would you assume I listen to truth bringers (do you mean conspiracy theorists?), because I linked a random tweet? I’m not on social media, but you can still search for G7 on these platforms. 

Maybe I should have linked a more reputable source like the Telegraph who are basically saying the same thing.

You’re right about the rules, maybe rules was the wrong phrase. But I think its fair to ask for our world leaders to show they are being considerate about a deadly virus.

I see people being considerate for others everyday, whether its wearing their mask, keeping their distance, so why not our leaders? Especially when there’s already been a small covid outbreak in the area they’re staying in. Not to say they’re to blame of course, but from the images we’ve seen at the G7, they don’t seem to care about potentially spreading the virus amongst themselves.

They are all vaccinated and all tested constantly and broke no rules.

No point moaning about politicians on a football forum when you are happy for us to keep playing in a pandemic with people in the crowd. 

Bad PR maybe, but then most of those moaning have moaned about everything from start to finish.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

Stop listening to liars, pretending to be truth bringers.

Remember how footballers can jet from country to country without quarantine and we are all happy about that because it benefits us?

A simple google would tell you masses of jobs are except from quarantine. And that whilst working rules are entirely different.

These people are either stupid or purposely lying to you.

Too true. As soon as anyone starts quoting James Melville you knows it's time to move away from General Chat... 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

They are all vaccinated and all tested constantly and broke no rules.

No point moaning about politicians on a football forum when you are happy for us to keep playing in a pandemic with people in the crowd. 

Bad PR maybe, but then most of those moaning have moaned about everything from start to finish.

32 minutes ago, Line-X said:

^

Exactly this. People here have complained relentlessly about all the restrictions placed upon their lives, but then also then complained about wearing masks and refused to have the vaccine. 

It's absolutely baffling, it really is. It's been obvious for months to the majority of us that these are tools we have been given to give us the best chance of getting out of the restrictions, yet those shouting the loudest are seemingly refusing to use said tools. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

Exactly this. People here have complained relentlessly about all the restrictions placed upon their lives, but then also then complained about wearing masks and refused to have the vaccine. 

It's absolutely baffling, it really is. It's been obvious for months to the majority of us that these are tools we have been given to give us the best chance of getting out of the restrictions, yet those shouting the loudest are seemingly refusing to use said tools. 

Added to the fact that the people pressing for premature relaxation have now been screwed by precisely that. You have to laugh. 

I said last March that lax restriction upon international travel would **** up what was already an optimistic 'road map'...and that's exactly what's happened, just like last year. 

What these fools overlook is that as I have repeatedly said, this is a global crisis - how many more times does this need to be said? - and also, that we are all subject to these continuing restrictions. It has completely ****ed my July just like theirs...but you'll find that's what pandemics tend to do. 

****ing football forum idiots. 

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

Added to the fact that the people pressing for premature relaxation have now been screwed by precisely that. You have to laugh. 

I said last March that lax restriction upon international travel would **** up what was already an optimistic 'road map'...and that's exactly what's happened, just like last year. 

What these fools overlook is that as I have repeatedly said, this is a global crisis - how many more times does this need to be said? - and also, that we are all subject to these continuing restrictions. It has completely ****ed my July just like theirs...but you'll find that's what pandemics tend to do. 

****ing football forum idiots. 

So let me get this right, you're saying that some idiots on here have ruined your July? 

6 hours ago, ttfn said:

But you have to accept that those people exist and are now an extremely large minority of our population. 

People can’t have weddings or funerals with more than 30 people and the PM is hobnobbing with more than that number. You’ll say “it’s not comparable” but the damage is done the moment somebody makes that comparison, and that comparison is inevitable. Some sort of backlash was bound to happen and it’s yet another PR **** up from a government which is doing everything it can to give people an excuse to say “one rule for them, another for everyone else”.

We won’t move forward without the overwhelming majority of people bought into an organised message and this doesn’t help, especially on the eve of extending the existing restrictions. Like it or not there is a PR war to be fought here and the government are wilfully booting the ball into their own goal at every opportunity. Raab’s interview this morning was a case in point.

The 30 for the funeral include the person carrying out the service and the undertakers.

3 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Who on here has "refused to have the vaccine"? I can think of one poster and that's it. 

Hardly an antivax hotbed on here, if anything it's been the lockdown advocates pointing out the flaws of the vaccine recently :whistle:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soup said:

So let me get this right, you're saying that some idiots on here have ruined your July? 

???? 

Eh?

No, premature relaxation of international travel has prevented my planned return to work. "Ruined my July" is I concede perhaps an exaggeration. As Babylon, pointed out, there are many things that we can still do, but just like everyone on this thread, I am equally inconvenienced though, and was anticipating a resumption of normality - although as I pointed out last March, this "roadmap" was highly optimistic and contingent upon many variables. 

The idiots on here? They are at the very least regular comic value. 

12 minutes ago, Line-X said:

???? 

Eh?

No, premature relaxation of international travel has prevented my planned return to work. "Ruined my July" is I concede perhaps an exaggeration. As Babylon, pointed out, there are many things that we can still do, but just like everyone on this thread, I am equally inconvenienced though, and was anticipating a resumption of normality - although as I pointed out last March, this "roadmap" was highly optimistic and contingent upon many variables. 

The idiots on here? They are at the very least regular comic value. 

I just didn't get why you added the last bit of your post

Edited by Soup

1 minute ago, Soup said:

I just didn't get why you added the last bit of your post

Perhaps - and actually I don't recommend this, revisit this thread and read it back from October. 

To reiterate, this is a global crisis. The same few consistently fail to comprehend that. 

4 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Perhaps - and actually I don't recommend this, revisit this thread and read it back from October. 

To reiterate, this is a global crisis. The same few consistently fail to comprehend that. 

It is a global crisis but just for once we got ahead of the curve ( ref vaccines and a waning infection rate) and the idiots at the top dropped the ball again. One day it will surely all come out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It is a global crisis but just for once we got ahead of the curve ( ref vaccines and a waning infection rate) and the idiots at the top dropped the ball again. One day it will surely all come out. 

Needless. So frustrating. 

4 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Ok fair enough. I'll definitely not revisit though as it's so ****ing depressing just popping in now and again. 

I do hope that you do get some sort of summer though mate, whatever it is you're looking to do. 

4 minutes ago, Soup said:

Ok fair enough. I'll definitely not revisit though as it's so ****ing depressing just popping in now and again. 

I do hope that you do get some sort of summer though mate, whatever it is you're looking to do. 

Genuinely, thank you, Yes, I will, already have. But I really need to return to my workplace - as much as it is convenient working from home I need a job to go back to.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doverfox said:

The 30 for the funeral include the person carrying out the service and the undertakers.

I thought that the numerical maximum was changed on 17th May. Instead of an upper limit of 30, the maximum number is now decided on the basis of the risk assessment of the venue, based on social distancing between attendees including staff.

40 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Again this next 4-week period is called 'the final stretch'. Absolute bollocks once again.

Is it bad I am kind of happy it is happening because it means I can put back a bunch of college kids coming to my work for a tour by a month? lol

Just another daft thing they did was announcing a date, then saying it again and again, months in advance.

It's a global pandemic with shifting variables. Planning long term isn't possible right now. Reassess as you go is the most logical way - as well as getting everyone double vaccinated. People can understand that. They won't like it but it'll give some impetus to keep following rules.

I thought they'd have learned from the Christmas fiasco.

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Just another daft thing they did was announcing a date, then saying it again and again, months in advance.

It's a global pandemic with shifting variables. Planning long term isn't possible right now. Reassess as you go is the most logical way - as well as getting everyone double vaccinated. People can understand that. They won't like it but it'll give some impetus to keep following rules.

They put so many If's and but's about this date, but you could tell was a mistake, as no one was listening to them and ran away with "freedom day". 

It’s frustrating, more for people that have weddings and other things planned. Apparently this 4 weeks will be the absolute end though. 

We need to learn to live with this now, just like we have done other infectious diseases that spread.