Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

9 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Get vaccinated people. Quicker we all do the quicker this is over.  

I would tend to agree however if you compare the seasonal rate of decline in 2020 with now, there is very little difference, vaccine or no vaccine.

The real test of the vaccine will occur from September onwards at which point we will have been under restrictions for roughly 20 months.  There is no end in sight for restrictions in the UK, not by current govt logic.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

You can't make them mandatory, we live in a democracy, not a dictatorship 

No you can’t but how about refusing access to NHS treatment for COVID to anyone who has declared their refusal to vaccinate . Actually there are a number of items I would like in a “contract” for NHS access such as deliberately missing expensive consultations and suing for bullshit reasons to get paid off as a nuisance claim but I’ll leave it there 

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

No you can’t but how about refusing access to NHS treatment for COVID to anyone who has declared their refusal to vaccinate . Actually there are a number of items I would like in a “contract” for NHS access such as deliberately missing expensive consultations and suing for bullshit reasons to get paid off as a nuisance claim but I’ll leave it there 

How about refusing entry to the country if you've not been vaccinated?

Guest Bert Fill
1 hour ago, Corky said:

just for once can Johnson stand up and apologise, say "this is on me and this Government and we're to blame?"

lol

28 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I would tend to agree however if you compare the seasonal rate of decline in 2020 with now, there is very little difference, vaccine or no vaccine.

The real test of the vaccine will occur from September onwards at which point we will have been under restrictions for roughly 20 months.  There is no end in sight for restrictions in the UK, not by current govt logic.

The figures will probably never come down from.where they are now. Vaccines will either wear off or mutations will outwit the vaccines. 

So at some point, governments are just going to have to live with this and get on with it

The only saving grace is that it is not that dangerous to 99% of people. One of these days a serious virus is gonna break loose and, I suppose, this lockdown is a good dry run for when isolation really does become a necessity

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, surrifox said:

No you can’t but how about refusing access to NHS treatment for COVID to anyone who has declared their refusal to vaccinate .

Lets go the whole hog and ban fatties from getting any NHS treatment as well whilst we're at it.

Don't go to the gym? Cancel their NHS treatment.

Smoked a fag before? Cancel their cancer treatment!

Lets not forget that as unlikely as it is, there's still a chance of death from the vaccine, as sadly some of us on here have found out first hand through somebody.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This is all just pointless, nothing ever gets done. The Government could literally do almost anything and there's no-one to hold them to account.

Very true.  Starmer this morning beating the drum about "doing things quicker" and "we should have closed our borders quicker", the red list etc etc.

Ok, so please explain this data...

image.png.c8bb279ca85b1a20665f1b9c0028e365.png

Delta variant, green, seen in Australia and New Zealand before the UK.  Please explain Starmer - how did it get there before here?

Source: CoVariants

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Lets go the whole hog and ban fatties from getting any NHS treatment as well whilst we're at it.

Don't go to the gym? Cancel their NHS treatment.

Smoked a fag before? Cancel their cancer treatment!

Lets not forget that as unlikely as it is, there's still a chance of death from the vaccine, as sadly some of us on here have found out first hand through somebody.

Yes let’s go the whole hog :unsure:

26 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Very true.  Starmer this morning beating the drum about "doing things quicker" and "we should have closed our borders quicker", the red list etc etc.

Ok, so please explain this data...

image.png.c8bb279ca85b1a20665f1b9c0028e365.png

Delta variant, green, seen in Australia and New Zealand before the UK.  Please explain Starmer - how did it get there before here?

Source: CoVariants

These are sequences not cases. No matter.

International travel...flights into both countries. 

In the first week of April New Zealand recorded 23 new positive coronavirus cases at its border of which 17 were from India. This resulted in immediate suspended entry for all travellers from India, including its own citizens. The UK took no such action, which is Starmer's point. What's yours? 

• Like 3