Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Qwerty

Will any players prefer empty stadiums?

OK no one will actually prefer it, but I was wondering which players might almost thrive on the lack of crowd.  We can be pretty sure Vardy won’t, but someone like Nacho might prefer to play without the huge amount of negativity he gets from the crowd.  I’m sure I heard that he was consistently better in training than in matches.  Chilwell too, he seems to get a fair bit of banter which he might prefer not to have.  Tielemans too maybe?

or perhaps I’m just clutching at straws and they’ll all be rubbish without the blue army! 

I think the only thing we can hope for is players to realise just how vital fans are. I’m pretty sure most regard fans as a pain in the ass and something that interrupts their lavish lifestyles but this might make them value fans a bit more. Until about 3 weeks after fans can start going again ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Qwerty said:

Chilwell too, he seems to get a fair bit of banter which he might prefer not to have.

Assume by banter you mean people screaming "YOU'RE FU C KING SHIT" at him for most of the game? 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Qwerty said:

OK no one will actually prefer it, but I was wondering which players might almost thrive on the lack of crowd.  We can be pretty sure Vardy won’t, but someone like Nacho might prefer to play without the huge amount of negativity he gets from the crowd.  I’m sure I heard that he was consistently better in training than in matches.  Chilwell too, he seems to get a fair bit of banter which he might prefer not to have.  Tielemans too maybe?

or perhaps I’m just clutching at straws and they’ll all be rubbish without the blue army! 

I think it will be easier for managers to get their instructions across to the players, players on the pitch to shout instructions to each other. I consider Brendan to be a bit of a master traction  so I feel like we could benefit well from it...

I would think that any player, as OP stated, who regularly gets abused by the crowd might benefit slightly from the empty stadium. I'd also think that goalies and defenders might gain a slight advantage as communication and focus may improve without the crowd and their ambient noise.

9 minutes ago, shailen said:

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to have real crowd noises on the stadiums pa system to replicate a real game. I know it would be artificial but there is something really strange about no atmosphere at games. 

I don't, atmosphere is nuanced in ways i can't explain, but it's definitely specific to the moment and therefore unrecreateble by using pre recorded sounds.

(Apologies admin, if unrecreatable isn't a word)

6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Chilwell probably will, remember when he was too scared to take a throw at Millwall.

Be careful.

On a more serious note though dont some people on here claim players become too mentally affected by a few boo's in home games, so it should be a boon right?

9 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Be careful.

On a more serious note though dont some people on here claim players become too mentally affected by a few boo's in home games, so it should be a boon right?

To be fair I would imagine if it’s your own fans some players would lose their heads.

7 minutes ago, simFox said:

Unfortunately, spurs might be loads better without their toxic fan base spewing outrage.

Our lot will need a happy clapping machine

Why is their fanbase toxic? 

56 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

I don't, atmosphere is nuanced in ways i can't explain, but it's definitely specific to the moment and therefore unrecreateble by using pre recorded sounds.

(Apologies admin, if unrecreatable isn't a word)

Agreed that it can't be recreated, but I think at least having goal music or something would help, even if the sounds were just broadcasted on TV and not at the actual game.

Take PlayStation games like Fifa, playing on mute or low volume is not so fun even though it isn't a real game. The viewer at home believing the facade that there is atmosphere might help the entertainment factor and make it as close to what it was before. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, shailen said:

Agreed that it can't be recreated, but I think at least having goal music or something would help, even if the sounds were just broadcasted on TV and not at the actual game.

Take PlayStation games like Fifa, playing on mute or low volume is not so fun even though it isn't a real game. The viewer at home believing the facade that there is atmosphere might help the entertainment factor and make it as close to what it was before. 

Goal music has never helped anything, ever.