Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WigstonWanderer

Watford Away Pre Match

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Kasper

Justin Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndidi

Perez Tielemans Maddison Barnes

Vardy

I think he’ll have Praet in for Tielemans cus he was on a roll but swap him over if we struggle to break them down ...  

Certainly more attack minded if we have Perez in instead of Albrighton ...   

Who needs Sean from Enderby ....   :)

2 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Don’t normally start threads but came to read the pre match thread for Watford away and found there wasn’t one!

Well off you go then, start discussing. Not worth me chipping in as I can’t remember much and don’t know anything. I’ll be interested in what others have to say though :)

You’ll fit in well in here, then.  

• Haha 2

I think the likelihood of anyone guessing the exact team is even more remote than ever. Who knows how players have weathered three months off and in isolation? Tielemans could be the size of a house for all we know. 😳

• Haha 2

Whatever the starting line up i think we will take full advantage of the five subs rule to spread the pitch time around until everyone is match fit. It is like a new season now, but without the pre-season warm ups. Physical fitness is one thing but match fitness only comes from playing games. It is going to be really strange resuming after such a long break. Momentum and form have all gone out the window and it could be argued that we are now at a disadvantage over some of our rivals for CL places such as Spurs who now have a fully fit squad rather than the position they were in before where it looked like they would have to finish the season with no fit strikers. Who will react best to playing in empty stadiums? Which teams have maintained their players physical and mental well being the best? How will those players who's contracts expire at the end of June react to having to stay put? what about those currently on loan, will (or even can) they be recalled or stay with their temporary clubs?

Lots of questions to be answered and it adds an interesting dimension to proceedings.

Everyone will be looking to get off to a flyer so i expect there will be a few upsets along the way. At least we still have that points cushion, and hopefully a couple of decent results to start with should keep us in pole position for CL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I think the likelihood of anyone guessing the exact team is even more remote than ever. Who knows how players have weathered three months off and in isolation? Tielemans could be the size of a house for all we know. 😳

Or he could be super fit, getting plenty of good nights sleep now. But it is a valid point. We have no idea how the various clubs have been managing their players whilst in lockdown. The majority would be thinking about their summer holidays now, not having to come back and play 9 games (or more for those still in the FA cup) in short order.

There's going to be a lot of rotation playing twice a week for the next several weeks.

The only players I would expect to see start every match would be - Evans, Soyuncu, Schmeichel, and Vardy.

Hopefully, this will be a good test for us to prepare for playing midweek champions league fixtures next year!

1 hour ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Interesting. Hamza right back or 3 at the back with bennett in I'm betting on. Seem to remember rodgers starting with 3atb in his first game watford away. 

I hope not, worries me that Rodgers can't leave it alone though. That formation also messes up Barnes role who's been our best player this year.

• Like 1

For me we should put out our strongest available side in our usual format, with any changes straight swaps, ie JJ for RP, and possibly Albrighton in for Perez if not fit. Now is not the time for wholesale changes unless enforced. Lets hit the ground running in what could be a difficult game against a side fighting for their PL lives under a manager who will no doubt have them well up for it. If we need to rotate to preserve fitness then all well and good but lets get a few points on the board first. If we need to rest players then the time to do it is not against those teams where we have the best chances of getting the points we need  .If we are already secure in CL spot then send the reserves out against the likes of Arsenal, Man utd, Spurs etc.

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

If we're not 3up by half  time then FT in meltdown.

Better make that 4-0 just to be on the safe side.

TBH a scrappy 1-0 with the ball bouncing in off someones backside in the last minute would do for me as long as we get 3 points. I am more nervous for this game than i have felt in along time. There is so much riding on it and so many questions to be answered. That first round of games is going to be so interesting and possibly season defining for many sides.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I'd argue Albrighton comes into the mix instead of Perez, especially after seeing the line-ups in the inter-squad friendly.

What were the line-up?  Are there any links relating to that game?

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

What were the squads mate? 

3 minutes ago, majaco said:

What were the line-up?  Are there any links relating to that game?

The teams used were 

Schmeichel

Choudhury Evans Soyuncu Fuchs

James Ndidi Maddison

Albrighton Vardy Barnes

Ward

Justin Morgan Bennett Chilwell

Tielemans Praet Mendy

Gray Iheanacho Kapustka

These were the teams for a proportion of the game, Luke Thomas came on as well at some point. 

All pictures/highlights of the game are on leicester site or their twitter etc, or scroll back through the "league restarts" thread and you'll find some bits there. 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Thanks 1

Guest Eamonn

I can't see either of those being the starting 11. Given the frequency games and number of subs i guess BR will want players comfortable playing in a variety of combinations.

Just now, Eamonn said:

I can't see either of those being the starting 11. Given the frequency games and number of subs i guess BR will want players comfortable playing in a variety of combinations.

Realistically, neither will be the starting 11. But, look at the partnerships and combinations within both teams. 

Kasper - Evans - Soyuncu 

Albrighton - Vardy - Barnes 

Potentially both starting fullbacks to learn the others runs and movement (JJ and Chilwell) 

3 hours ago, Shane said:

Would like to see a couple youngsters on the bench, think we're allowed 9 subs now?? 

Ward, Gyamfi, Morgan, Thomas, Choudhury, Praet, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Hirst

It's been about 4 years since the last match, don't think any of our squad qualify as youngsters any more

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Perez with a muscle strain, in a race to be fit for the Watford game

Would not be surprised if we see a few of these cropping up after such along enforced lay-off. Sure these guys are athletes, but it would be so easy for them to get carried away in the enthusiasm of playing again and try to do too much too soon.