Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WigstonWanderer

Watford Away Pre Match

12 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

First FT member to get arrested for screen sharing BT via Zoom?

Zoom encrypts data, cannot see that happening.

Probable that you will get scare stories in the media that is illegal though, even if it isn't.

Been happening for years with anydesk, teamviewer etc

Edited by nnickn

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I won’t believe football is back until I see Youri running in treacle.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11996016/premier-league-running-stats-this-season-revealed

It's odd because Youri has a physical build where it seems like he's a bit chubby and is neither the fastest nor able to run for that long a time. But he's actually our hardest working midfielder in terms of distance run in a single game and per every game! So looks can most definitely be deceiving!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I have raised this a number of times, he consistently posts the best stats for distance covered. I think he just doesn't have that quick turn of pace but makes up for it with a sharp footballing brain. There are times when he seems to get caught out but there are just as many times when he has already read a pattern of play and opens up a team like a tin of fcukin beans before they even know what's hit them.

He reminds me a bit of the MMA fighter Fedor Emelianenko or even Tyson Fury. Fedor and Tyson don't look like a typical "athlete" but are still world class as what they do. Not everyone is blessed with the type of body that we'd usually associate with top athletes!

Actually I think that was one of the most endearing things about our title win. Players like Mahrez, Vardy, Kante and Wes Morgan... you can see why other teams didn't initially pick them up as they don't have the sort of physical attributes you'd associate with an elite footballer. It's one of the reasons I love football and players like Messi, Xavi, Zola as well. Football is a game where being skillful / intelligent is just as (if not more important) than being a physical specimen. It's also why I love Steph Curry in the NBA too.

• Like 1

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2020/06/09/aston-villa-travel-to-foxes-for-premier-league-warm-up/

Aston Villa travel to Foxes for Premier League warm-up
By Matt Maher | Aston Villa | Published: 2 hours ago

Villa have lined up a friendly against Leicester City as they continue preparations for the Premier League’s restart.

Aston Villa are set to take on Leicester in a friendly clash.
Dean Smith’s men will travel to face their Midlands rivals tomorrow evening, in a repeat of the last top-flight match to be played prior to the coronavirus shutdown.

Villa were thumped 4-0 at the King Power Stadium back on March 9, a result which left them sitting 19th in the table.

Tomorrow’s meeting is all about building fitness for a frenetic finish to the season, which will see Villa play their final 10 matches over the course of just five-and-a-half weeks, starting with a home match against Sheffield United a week tomorrow.

Players were given a taste of playing in front of empty stands when Villa hosted Albion in a training exercise last weekend but tomorrow’s match at Leicester will be a more conventional friendly match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11996016/premier-league-running-stats-this-season-revealed

It's odd because Youri has a physical build where it seems like he's a bit chubby and is neither the fastest nor able to run for that long a time. But he's actually our hardest working midfielder in terms of distance run in a single game and per every game! So looks can most definitely be deceiving!

Oh yeah I’m not doubting that, he just runs at a consistent pace. It’s more an observation on sprints which I hope he has worked on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Oh yeah I’m not doubting that, he just runs at a consistent pace. It’s more an observation on sprints which I hope he has worked on.

Yeah I also won't deny that he does often look lethargic. He's also been dragged off a few times when his workrate has gone. When we beat Spurs at home he was flagging pretty badly, Rodgers brought on Hamza who bossed it and assisted Maddison for the win.

At the same time I don't think people realise how physically demanding playing central midifield is in modern football. There is a reason why Liverpool have so many, the workload is insane!

39 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2020/06/09/aston-villa-travel-to-foxes-for-premier-league-warm-up/

Aston Villa travel to Foxes for Premier League warm-up
By Matt Maher | Aston Villa | Published: 2 hours ago

Villa have lined up a friendly against Leicester City as they continue preparations for the Premier League’s restart.

Aston Villa are set to take on Leicester in a friendly clash.
Dean Smith’s men will travel to face their Midlands rivals tomorrow evening, in a repeat of the last top-flight match to be played prior to the coronavirus shutdown.

Villa were thumped 4-0 at the King Power Stadium back on March 9, a result which left them sitting 19th in the table.

Tomorrow’s meeting is all about building fitness for a frenetic finish to the season, which will see Villa play their final 10 matches over the course of just five-and-a-half weeks, starting with a home match against Sheffield United a week tomorrow.

Players were given a taste of playing in front of empty stands when Villa hosted Albion in a training exercise last weekend but tomorrow’s match at Leicester will be a more conventional friendly match.

Will this be on lcfctv? Desperate for anything.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

19 hours ago, filbertway said:

Choudhury has shown absolutely nothing to say he'd be a decent right back. Get out of here.

I'd be inclined to go with Iheanacho out on the right but with most of the width being provided by Justin.

Schmeichel

Justin

Evans

Soy

Chilly

Maddison

Ndidi

Tielemans

Kelechi

Vardy

Barnes

Puel moment

The defensive capability of the right flank with Tielemans, James and Iheanacho will be something else though lol

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah I also won't deny that he does often look lethargic. He's also been dragged off a few times when his workrate has gone. When we beat Spurs at home he was flagging pretty badly, Rodgers brought on Hamza who bossed it and assisted Maddison for the win.

At the same time I don't think people realise how physically demanding playing central midifield is in modern football. There is a reason why Liverpool have so many, the workload is insane!

Oh yeah, I mean it’s absolutely no comparison really, but when I play 11 a side I play CM and you can’t sprint everywhere so I do sympathise with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Puel moment

The defensive capability of the right flank with Tielemans, James and Iheanacho will be something else though lol

Haha anyone that can play football up there really. Always prefer my forward thinking players to be footballers rathers than grafters.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Any chance rogers might pick Bennett to play with a back 3 and 2 wing backs? 

Doubtful. Watford have been playing a 4-2-3-1 under Nigel Pearson. I think we'll see the typical 4-1-4-1 with Ndidi sitting in front of the two centerbacks. 

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Shhh we don't let things like facts get in the way of our latest witch hunt here at foxestalk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

Shhh we don't let things like facts get in the way of our latest witch hunt here at foxestalk. 

Oh! Are we prepping for when Ben leaves? Sorry, must have  missed the memo!