Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WigstonWanderer

Watford Away Pre Match

Watford definitely without Deulofeu, could be without Deeney too, meaning they might have to start with Andre Gray.

If we can’t beat a team with Andre Gray up front then Rodgers Out.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

The teams used were 

Schmeichel

Choudhury Evans Soyuncu Fuchs

James Ndidi Maddison

Albrighton Vardy Barnes

Ward

Justin Morgan Bennett Chilwell

Tielemans Praet Mendy

Gray Iheanacho Kapustka

These were the teams for a proportion of the game, Luke Thomas came on as well at some point. 

All pictures/highlights of the game are on leicester site or their twitter etc, or scroll back through the "league restarts" thread and you'll find some bits there. 

Anyone know what the score was :ph34r:

I can't believe we're here talking about a pre-match. With such a long spell (and without much action otherwise) between matches, I feel like I have absolutely nothing to contribute beyond reading and listening in the run-up. This is exciting. Feels like a whole new season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mark said:

I hope not, worries me that Rodgers can't leave it alone though. That formation also messes up Barnes role who's been our best player this year.

If we were to go 3-4-1-2 then that's even more reason to use Justin as RWB isn't it? Albrighton has not had a single decent performance playing anything but on the wing since 2014/15 when he played as a wing back. It would be a massive risk, likewise deploying Choudhury at RB from the off. Justin should be given the chance in the 4-1-4-1 formation we are most dangerous at when we have everyone available (Ndidi being the most integral to it)

3 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I was thinking yesterday that Hamza could possibly be coached into a right back. I think it’d suit him. 

Not sure, unless Hamza calms down a bit. He has a habit of being quite 'enthusiastic' in the tackle, think that may lead to a few unwanted red cards and penalties at right back. He has sort of got away with it in the middle but think it may stand out a bit more if he was the last man. 

Choudhury has shown absolutely nothing to say he'd be a decent right back. Get out of here.

I'd be inclined to go with Iheanacho out on the right but with most of the width being provided by Justin.

Schmeichel

Justin

Evans

Soy

Chilly

Maddison

Ndidi

Tielemans

Kelechi

Vardy

Barnes

People are desperate for football discussion but I think people are reading too much into Hamza playing right back for a bit in a training match. Everyone needed some minutes and we have too many midfielders to play them all there, so Hamza plays right back. 

He will only play right back again in a league match in an emergency. 

9 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I was thinking yesterday that Hamza could possibly be coached into a right back. I think it’d suit him. 

God no. He'd be a walking timebomb. Fouling in the centre circle is fine but the thought of him flying tackles in around the box...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

God no. He'd be a walking timebomb. Fouling in the centre circle is fine but the thought of him flying tackles in around the box...

It was only a suggestion. It happens often albeit when the players are much younger. 

It’s a completely different kettle of fish standing someone up and trying to win the ball, opposed to trying to win a lose ball in the middle. 

He can clearly be rash, that needs coaching out of him wherever he’s going to play on the pitch. 

Anyway, it’s unlikely to happen regardless of what we all think.