Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WigstonWanderer

Watford Away Pre Match

Don’t normally start threads but came to read the pre match thread for Watford away and found there wasn’t one!

Well off you go then, start discussing. Not worth me chipping in as I can’t remember much and don’t know anything. I’ll be interested in what others have to say though :)

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Kasper

Justin Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndidi

Perez Tielemans Maddison Barnes

Vardy

I'd argue Albrighton comes into the mix instead of Perez, especially after seeing the line-ups in the inter-squad friendly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, les-tah said:

^^ Are we forgetting Praet was the most inform midfielder we had before lockdown? (Ndidi aside)

Pre-lockdown form is basically irrelevant at this point. We've not played for gone 3 months, its almost similar to a new season.

A win would be huge. Our form hasn't been amazing in 2020 and we've lost away games against similar and worse sides. Would be a massive 3 points if we could get them, especially playing before the chasing pack. Last 4 games of the season are tough too, so we need to extend the gap.

The nerves and pessimism are kicking in already!

• Like 1

Love that there is a match thread back! 🥳 I think it absolutely has to be a win to settle the nerves. They looked sharp in training from what you could tell from the videos and they all look to have maintained their fitness levels well over the break. Apparently some had their fastest ever times in their sprint tests. 3 points in the bag! 

Edited by Hales

I think JJ will play right back with hamza as back up.  JJ and chilly were in the same training match team so i think they will start together. Chilly actually changed from blue to grey from what we could tell (sharp eyed husband) so maybe there was a switch up in the teams to try out hamza in the right back role and how he would interact in this role with jonny and cags? 

Edited by Hales