Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WigstonWanderer

Watford Away Pre Match

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not seen too many chocolate teapots notch up 7 goals and 5 assists in about 20 starts

Against two of the poorest performing teams on display. In most other games he's been shite. Persistently gives the ball away, physically very weak and overall contributes very little. An expensive mistake by Rodgers, 30m for an at best 15m player. Has arguably only had one previous half decent season in the Premiership. Would pick Albrighton over him every day of the week. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Against two of the poorest performing teams on display. In most other games he's been shite. Persistently gives the ball away, physically very weak and overall contributes very little. An expensive mistake by Rodgers, 30m for an at best 15m player. Has arguably only had one previous half decent season in the Premiership. Would pick Albrighton over him every day of the week. 

Thank the Lord Brendon is in charge and not yourself. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that's the problem with stats, not to be taken at face value!!!

As you are aware he scored 3 goals in a single game making it 4 goals in nineteen. Not sure how many assist he had in that game but when. his numbers are  analyzed it does not bear scrutiny.

If their is one poster on hear who continuously advocate for a right winger  It is yourself. We all know that we need one, we are held back by not addressing this option but Perez does not solve our problem.

My post was a direct response to someone alluding to Perez being nigh on useless in our system which is a little unfair. I have talked about him a lot, most of his goals and assists have come in spurts in games where we'd still have got results without them so it shows that he tends to revel when the whole team is firing but he is certainly a player of worth to us.

Albrighton for example could have played for the whole of the pandemic against nobody and be on less goals and assists than Ayoze so we need to consider him against our other options and to say he is as much use as a chocolate teapot is nonsense. 

Get me a mercurial left footed right winger in the window who notches 15 goals and 15 assists a season and the man can go and play on the M1 as far as I'm concerned, until then he's a valuable first team player as the other options could only dream about what he brings in attacking output. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahaa every season he's been in the PL he has scored more goals than Albrighton and Gray put together. He's no footballing genius but he does offer goals at varying points of a season, he also is one of the top few in stats in previous seasons for winning the ball in the final third which is essential to the way we play and probably the main reason we went for him. 

12, 8, 6 and 7 as a main player is hardly remarkable with the exception of the 12. The theory of him winning the ball back is just not backed up in his performances. He indeed looks industrious but invariably  ends up on his arse without achieving anything. 

Albrighton I agree has not been a prolific goalscorer but he was considerably  better in achievements for his incredible work rate and overall team contribution. His assists were non too shabby either. It's not all about goals and whilst Perez was scoring his paltry 6 or 7, Albrighton was quietly winning the Premiership. I do concede that Perez looks better behind Vardy in a more central position but, in Maddison,  Iheanacho and Barnes, we have better options for that role. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

12, 8, 6 and 7 as a main player is hardly remarkable with the exception of the 12. The theory of him winning the ball back is just not backed up in his performances. He indeed looks industrious but invariably  ends up on his arse without achieving anything. 

Albrighton I agree has not been a prolific goalscorer but he was considerably  better in achievements for his incredible work rate and overall team contribution. His assists were non too shabby either. It's not all about goals and whilst Perez was scoring his paltry 6 or 7, Albrighton was quietly winning the Premiership. I do concede that Perez looks better behind Vardy in a more central position but, in Maddison,  Iheanacho and Barnes, we have better options for that role. Just my opinion. 

All significsntly higher than any other option we have though? And you dismiss his winning the ball back in the final third but then push for the dirty work of Albrighton? Don't get me wrong Perez is a player who has his limitations and at times seems weak but for all Albrighton's hard work what else doe he really bring when the chips are counted at the end? Worse than the player who's as useless as a chocolate teapot, even in a season when he was part of a team that won the Prem! 

53 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely agree, but do you really think he was remotely worth 30m and he's given 30m performances?

Actually if you look at his stats it I recall correctly he’s been pretty effective, particularly with his defensive side of his game. It’s that which allows Riccy P to be the beast he is. Well that my belief. I think he’s been more effective than both Demari and Albrighton. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

All significsntly higher than any other option we have though? And you dismiss his winning the ball back in the final third but then push for the dirty work of Albrighton? Don't get me wrong Perez is a player who has his limitations and at times seems weak but for all Albrighton's hard work what else doe he really bring when the chips are counted at the end? Worse than the player who's as useless as a chocolate teapot, even in a season when he was part of a team that won the Prem! 

...really surprised at the way you are demeaning Albrighton!!!!

Our style of play may have changed and he may not fit in the way that Rodgers wants us now to play but this demonising of a player, who was part of a title winning group, consistently part of a left hand side which more than held its own to win us the league. 

You can view his suitability in our new format as a weakness, within the new team format, but please stop this constant carping of a player who clearly does not deserve this!!!!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...really surprised at the way you are demeaning Albrighton!!!!

Our style of play may have changed and he may not fit in the way that Rodgers wants us now to play but this demonising of a player, who was part of a title winning group, consistently part of a left hand side which more than held its own to win us the league. 

You can view his suitability in our new format as a weakness, within the new team format, but please stop this constant carping of a player who clearly does not deserve this!!!!

Ay? I wasn't demonising Albrighton, I was sticking up for Perez who some think is useless. For someone so useless, he posts more goals and assists combined than our title winning hero and Gray put together of any given season I think? Ayoze certainly needs to improve but so far he's done OK for us and will hopefully improve. 

Albrighton still has a part to play, his performance before this suspension of the season vs Villa was great to see and long overdue. With Perez struggling with a knock he will almost certainly start on Saturday vs Watford.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely agree, but do you really think he was remotely worth 30m and he's given 30m performances?

Do you really think Harry Maguire was remotely worth £85m and he’s given £85m performances.  

In an inflated market we’ve actually done ok. He’s scored and assisted regularly before he signed for us and has contributed to us this season. 

Has there been any wingers that we could’ve got that have had a better season than him for the price we paid? If you look hard enough, perhaps, but off the top of your head? It’s doubtful. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

So this one is on BT Sport 1 but am I right in thinking this was one of the already scheduled matches so is not free to air?

Correct. None of our matches that have been announced are free to air. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Do you really think Harry Maguire was remotely worth £85m and he’s given £85m performances.  

In an inflated market we’ve actually done ok. He’s scored and assisted regularly before he signed for us and has contributed to us this season. 

Has there been any wingers that we could’ve got that have had a better season than him for the price we paid? If you look hard enough, perhaps, but off the top of your head? It’s doubtful. 

In fairness I agree with you there Bert, Maguire was nowhere near worth 85m and I don't mean any disrespect to the player himself either as he was a very decent player for us. As you rightly say, it was a very inflated market though but I would argue perhaps that if we wanted to sign an out an out winger, Perez just isn't one, albeit I recognise that he played out on the right for Newcastle the season before. The idea that wingers traditionally are great goalscorers is a bit of a myth for me, they are there of course, but a rare and very expensive breed. Better to get a dedicated winger who will do his job rather than, if that's what you're after, employ yet another 'jack of all trades, master of none' for me.

As for his goals and assists, he'd had one half decent season where he had a purple patch right at the end of it. Even Newcastle fans were very frustrated with him in his previous seasons in fairness. All signings can be a risk but in Premiership terms, I think Perez was fairly well exposed and predictable though Rodgers, with his expertise as a coach, probably felt he could coax more out of him and who on earth am I to disagree with him. Perez does have ability, he has a nice touch and you could never criticise him for not giving of his best but ... he seems so weak for a player of his size and does relinquish possession disproportionately compared to other players for me, sometimes in key bad areas. He looks a bit like an over coached technical academy type player who would look good in training but who can't then recreate it on the pitch. He did arguably look more useful in a central role but if Vardy is quite rightly our main striker, then we have better options to play behind him. My one thought though was that the goals he has scored, particularly the hatrick, were very well and skilfully taken. Bearing in mind that his previous 12 goals were with Rondon, have we in Perez got a more very skillful opportunistic poacher type player? Though I don't see Rodgers ever playing that sort of way or, arguably with a traditional crossing winger for that matter.

I see that to subscribe to BT to watch the matches not only entails a monthly fee but also a one off activation fee of around £30!

This means an initial outlay of approx. £60 for our first few games.

What is the cost of the LCFC  live stream and is it any good?

I have looked on City's website but there is no mention of how to subscribe to it or cost!

Anyone help me on this?

On 08/06/2020 at 13:13, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Strange one, JJ was arguably the best player on the pitch vs Villa

Bloody hell it has been a long time since we played.

Julian Joachim the best player!

Ha, never...…………...:unsure:

1 hour ago, demon_dog said:

I see that to subscribe to BT to watch the matches not only entails a monthly fee but also a one off activation fee of around £30!

This means an initial outlay of approx. £60 for our first few games.

What is the cost of the LCFC  live stream and is it any good?

I have looked on City's website but there is no mention of how to subscribe to it or cost!

Anyone help me on this?

You may want to look at IPTV.  

46 minutes ago, Livid said:

Last few performances there on the back of us restarting the season, making me a little nervous.

The form guide has been thrown out of the window. 

We have Ndidi back, but Ricardo is missing which will be a big loss, particularly as Tielemans isn't the most defensively minded midfielder, so Justin will have somewhat of a baptism of fire as teams will really start to target him.