Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Possible 2nd lockdown for Leicester?

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm not at all trying to be contrary or blasé, but why aren't you keen? Is it fear of your child getting it? Or fear of thwm passing it on? 

I ask as I genuinely couldn't give a monkey's about mine going back. I'd send them tomorrow. Wouldn't even check the guidelines. 

Bit of both really. Kids may not get it so bad but there is always a chance they can. I know you can’t keep them locked up for ever unfortunately but would like to keep them home for as long as possible. We are lucky enough my wife works evenings when I get home from work so we have the option not to send them which I now lots of people are not so lucky with. Also for the teachers sake having to try keep all the kids distanced, clean tables every hour or what ever was originally said and try to teach as well. With my youngest being home he has probably managed to learn more than he would have at nursery anyway. Again I know it’s not he same for everybody. Maybe I am being to cautious but if it was up to me I would keep them off as long as possible 

I see Birstall has had it's restrictions lifted, tbh I've always thought that was the root cause for the sour mood on the forum as opposed to anything City have shown on the pitch recently.

Well now everyone can relax. Come here, soak up the climate, marvel at our plethora of cosmopolitan bistros, bars and brasseries, and admire our bevy of sunkissed stunners in the jewel of LE4.

• Haha 1

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

Are they city or county? 

Ah, right you are Debs, think the sign for Leicester is just up the road from them, so they must be in I guess.

On 14/07/2020 at 11:21, yorkie1999 said:

Are these figures actually high?, it's hard to actually imagine given how the data is presented. In getting on for 6 months 1200 per 100,000 people in Leicester, 1.2 out of every 100 have caught the virus, Hinckley and Bosworth which is quite a big area, 475 or 1 person in every 200, with a national death rate of .06%.  Doesn't sound like many to me.

They high, but we are testing "LOTS" of people, they keep publishing cases per 100k population instead of cases per 100 tests.  Which makes it sound worse, as we testing more people.

Test more = find more.

Now I see glenfield and some other areas been removed, why?  This is looking more and more political, boundaries been set by the council someone lives under, my part of the city has lower case numbers, but because I am under a labour council I remein in lockdown.

Also how is it schools can reopen (high risk), shops can reopen (high risk), but travelling inside an enclosed vehicle is not allowed?

I have been in lockdown approaching 5 months.

Edited by Chrysalis