Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Possible 2nd lockdown for Leicester?

39 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Moment of truth might be tomorrow according to Oadby MP.

I got feeling Oadby will be released but Leicester will remain in some kind of lockdown.

Im thinking more of a postcode lockdown. 

LE2 & LE5 maybe. 

22 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

which areas are those?

LE2 is Oadby, but it stretches up into Highfields and borders Spinney Hill Park. It’s also Clarendon Park, Saffron Lane and Aylestone as well though. 

3248B6A9-FFCA-41C5-A302-C1416ED8AF68.jpeg

LE5 is Evington, Rushey Mead and that area surrounding. 

6426B834-F7BE-43B9-B9AE-8043F8A436E7.jpeg

Edited by stix

24 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Some of LE2 isn’t locked down. 

Is it? I didn’t know that. Which areas? 

edit: Ah ok you mean Glen Parva and the eastern side of the postcode. Stoughton way. 

I suppose it would be difficult to lockdown postcodes. I don’t understand the delay though. Soulsby is probably fvcking it all up somehow anyway. 

Edited by stix
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Md9 said:

It’s eid this weekend isn’t it so if they do open up maybe they will tell people to wait until Monday to start opening up to stop big gatherings? 

I don't think that'll make much difference tbh, people will just do what they want anyway.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

For me it seems rather stupid just to reopen certain areas surrounding the city gradually. People are just going to venture out to elsewhere. For example, I know someone who’s from Leicester but has been to the pub in Hinckley every weekend. For me it’s you open none of it or all of it. 

5 minutes ago, Md9 said:

It’s eid this weekend isn’t it so if they do open up maybe they will tell people to wait until Monday to start opening up to stop big gatherings? 

I hope you're right but I can see many inter-family and inter-household meetings and celebrations happening. Even if they wait until Monday that's not really going to stop a rise in cases. They should add at least another 7 days after Eid to see what happens. 

7 minutes ago, Md9 said:

In your dreams ...   some people just do what they want ...   and have done all along.    Hence the problem. 

1 minute ago, The Syrup said:

Soulsby was being interviewed on ITV this evening and didn't have a clue what was going on. The reporter told him there will (may) be an announcement at 8pm

That guy has never known what is going on or even grasped what the problem is ...   he is 100% focused on political matters.   

How he ever became a ‘Sir’ is totally beyond me.

• Like 1